The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Panthers finish:

last in the league in offense

last in the league in defense

last in the league in points

last in the league in attendance in the lower bowl between the blue lines on the bench side

first in the league in Michael Yormark tweets

And sorry to the Jackets fans, pending this last minute. What a crappy, crappy way to not make it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite not making the playoffs, this team has been a damn amazing one to follow the past couple of months.

To go into the final weeks facing a 6-game road trip and to finish the year 6-1-0 is amazing. And yet we still couldn't sneak in.

You couldn't come soon enough, Eastern Conference.

6fQjS3M.png

The Avalanche announcers just said, Our Hearts go out to the Columbus Blue Jackets."

He may have also said, "...and their fans," but I don't remember.

Bummer for Columbus. Shows you can't just be good for part if the season though, but great effort. Maybe (actually if they keep this up, definitely) next year, Columbus

It is now up to tomorrow's Bruins/Sens matchup to determine the final standings in the East. I want Boston to win, since I'm really looking forward to a Leafs vs Habs first round matchup! :flagcanada:

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

It is now up to tomorrow's Bruins/Sens matchup to determine the final standings in the East. I want Boston to win, since I'm really looking forward to a Leafs vs Habs first round matchup! :flagcanada:

Capitals and Flyers have already fouled up one O6 playoff matchup, since the Bruins and Rangers cannot meet now. An Ottawa win (of any variety) lifts them to #7, and Montreal nabs the division. Unbelievable.

spacer.png

It was a great run for Columbus, I don't even think the most die hard fan thought they would be this good.

Bobrovski for Vezina and a Hart nod.

He'll definitely be in the conversation for the Vezina but I would only consider him for the Hart if he had gotten them to the playoffs.

It was a great run for Columbus, I don't even think the most die hard fan thought they would be this good.

Bobrovski for Vezina and a Hart nod.

He'll definitely be in the conversation for the Vezina but I would only consider him for the Hart if he had gotten them to the playoffs.

But truthfully, how many players were more valuable to their team than Bobrovsky to the Jackets?

Look, I don't think he should win it but he should definitely be considered.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived