The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

No, Ducks fan here. It's cool.

Crap, I was totally mixed around. So zaksdle a;sd;fasdf daffofidla or whatever is the Kings fan here, and he's in violation of the....er he was....and...forget it.

3y7DD.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Predators team is still just wretched, by the way. One regulation/overtime win on the year, 1.5 goals scored per game, and yet they have 9 points in 8 games. The bottom has to drop out there pretty soon, doesn't it?

The more I see of the Predators this year, the more I believe their master plan was to go 0-0-48, land a 7 seed, and see what happens from there. That team looks like it's playing for the shootout from around the 10-minute mark of the 1st. Ick.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I assumed you were cranky over your team (The Kings, I presume?) losing to Anaheim. If I'm wrong, my bad.

That rule applies to bandwagon fans only. Real fans can complain about giving up 7 goals and two power play goals and playing catch-up down 2-0 in the first period while sitting among annoying opposing fans who still think that refs are the reason for all their problems. I'm talking to majority of Duck fans. I swear, sitting in the stands with them you wonder if they are actually watching a hockey game let alone the same one you are watching. Though, the greatest thing is the fact that I heard not one Duck fan tonight utter the phrase, "Who's got a Cup?" They all walked around, kind of clueless as to how to act, and they won't look you in the face since they have no smack to run... well, at least until the game started! *lol* But still, no smack from them at all. It was kind of nice not hearing their annoying smack which was the same thing over and over again. Of course the best thing was seeing the moron wearing "Shutdown Line" on a jersey with a player's number on the left sleeve, another on the back, and another on the right sleeve. Everytime I think see a stupid fan, one just pops up and makes me laugh.

I assumed you were cranky over your team (The Kings, I presume?) losing to Anaheim. If I'm wrong, my bad.

That rule applies to bandwagon fans only. Real fans can complain about giving up 7 goals and two power play goals and playing catch-up down 2-0 in the first period while sitting among annoying opposing fans who still think that refs are the reason for all their problems. I'm talking to majority of Duck fans. I swear, sitting in the stands with them you wonder if they are actually watching a hockey game let alone the same one you are watching. Though, the greatest thing is the fact that I heard not one Duck fan tonight utter the phrase, "Who's got a Cup?" They all walked around, kind of clueless as to how to act, and they won't look you in the face since they have no smack to run... well, at least until the game started! *lol* But still, no smack from them at all. It was kind of nice not hearing their annoying smack which was the same thing over and over again. Of course the best thing was seeing the moron wearing "Shutdown Line" on a jersey with a player's number on the left sleeve, another on the back, and another on the right sleeve. Everytime I think see a stupid fan, one just pops up and makes me laugh.

34q0nc5.gif

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

... and finally the Kings have something to brag about for once. It took a while.... and maybe the Ducks fans wouldn't talk so much smack if the Kings fans would shut up once in a while and stop chanting "Ducks suck" or "Where's Emilio?" every second like brain dead neanderthals. Very clever bunch, you guys are.

It's also very annoying how some fans don't ever admit that they're own team may not be little saints, and dive to try and get a call once in a while (or maybe even 2, 3.. 12 times), or maybe play a little dirty. I counted 3 times where :censored:ing Kyle Clifford through his neck back like he just got punced by Mike Tyson. And don't even think about trying to justify Stoll's hit. I'm not going to lie and say the Ducks never dive or never make a dirty hit, but they're not going to dive like pussies multiple times per period.

Ah, rivalries...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So FSOhio had the Jackets game on for the first ten minutes of the first period, then switched to a Xavier-Richmond basketball game with ten minutes left in that game. In real time, that 10 minutes took 35 minutes to complete. The final 30 seconds of the game took 9 minutes, I counted. By the time FSOhio in CIncinnati came back to the hockey game it was 2-1 Blue Jackets and I'd missed the big Wisniewski tumble. I officially hate basketball. It's awful.

The Detroit Red Wings are not a very good hockey team. They have little depth and apparently only one goalie. They'll probably still make the playoffs.

But last night was great. Artem Anisimov was the steal of the Rick Nash trade, his second goal had me running around my apartment, which I haven't celebrated in that fashion since the great Nash goal to clinch the playoffs against Chicago in 09.

Steve Mason has played very well in the last two games. He gave up a goal to Franzen that looked exactly like every other goal Franzen has ever scored and I'll ignore the 2nd goal he allowed with 20 seconds left in the game off a faceoff. After Bobrovsky's minor meltdown against St. Louis last week Steve Mason looks like the more steady goaltender right now. Weird.

Love the PK, don't love all the injuries to defense or Jack Johnson playing 34:59, Mark Letestu didn't like getting scratched for the first 4 games it looks like (had a shorthanded justice serving goal after a BS goalie interference penalty), RJ Umberger still looks awful and unconditioned. Let's go Jackets.

sidenote: The CBJ third uniforms against Detroit's red and white is an aesthetically pleasing color matchup. All blue vs. all red. It's like a bubble hockey game. Love the new helmet stickers for the Jackets' thirds.

PvO6ZWJ.png

On another note, damn Anisimov! Nash who?

When I lived in Connecticut, I remember seeing Artem Anisimov play for the Wolf Pack. You could tell he was head and shoulders above everyone else. I thought he'd evolve into a better player, but he's still got time and a great opportunity to do that in Columbus.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Oh, and Tuukka Rask will probably get the shutout, too. :(

:(

Still though, considering the Leafs gave up an average of six goals a game versus Boston last year, I'll take a 1-0 loss.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That Predators team is still just wretched, by the way. One regulation/overtime win on the year, 1.5 goals scored per game, and yet they have 9 points in 8 games. The bottom has to drop out there pretty soon, doesn't it?

The more I see of the Predators this year, the more I believe their master plan was to go 0-0-48, land a 7 seed, and see what happens from there. That team looks like it's playing for the shootout from around the 10-minute mark of the 1st. Ick.

Shame loserpoints couldn't get axed in the lockout negotiations.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This will never not be good.

Not gonna lie, I have a hard time holding back tears when I watch that sometimes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived