The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Wow, in what universe was that goaltender interference? They really need to review the goal in that situation. It might slow the game down a bit but as a fan, I'd rather see the right call every time. In a shortened season the league really can't afford games being decided because of bad calls.

Goaltender interference is not subject to video review. The refs can get together and discuss it but they can't look at a replay.

1zgyd8w.jpg

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, in what universe was that goaltender interference? They really need to review the goal in that situation. It might slow the game down a bit but as a fan, I'd rather see the right call every time. In a shortened season the league really can't afford games being decided because of bad calls.

Goaltender interference is not subject to video review. The refs can get together and discuss it but they can't look at a replay.

Which is exactly the problem. They need to go the route of the NFL and make all scoring situations subject to review. I'm expecting the playoff race to be extremely tight this year and I would really hate missing the playoffs because of a blown call. I'm not putting all the blame on the refs. Making a split-second decision on a goal isn't easy. If they had seen a replay they would have realized they screwed up right away.

Forget Perry, Viktor Fasth may be the Ducks' biggest offseason free agent.

He's really been something, huh?

That diving poke check on Marleau was some kind of ballsy.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Which is exactly the problem. They need to go the route of the NFL and make all scoring situations subject to review. I'm expecting the playoff race to be extremely tight this year and I would really hate missing the playoffs because of a blown call. I'm not putting all the blame on the refs. Making a split-second decision on a goal isn't easy. If they had seen a replay they would have realized they screwed up right away.

Let's review all goals for interference with instant replay that's certainly worked out well in the past for the NHL

1zgyd8w.jpg

Sid getting hurt got a bigger cheer from the Isles fans than anything the Isles have done so far tonight.

Seems like that would be the way in 3/4th of NHL rinks.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived