The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J.T. Miller with two goals tonight. And rink side reporter John Gianonne takes a puck to the face to end the second period. Dude was a real trooper. He did a hit while the trainer was fixing him up. Blood was trickling into his mouth while he was talking. Fun stuff this NHL.

BB52Big.jpg

It became quite apropos that the team from D.C. is the one that knocked Tim Thomas and the Bruins out of the playoffs last year.

As a Canucks fan I have more reason to hate Thomas than most people and it still astounds me that people were so offended by him not attending the White House ceremony. His comments about the government being out of control were completely on point in my view. If you don't think so, you're not paying attention to his policies, plain and simple. I know I'm going to be flamed for bringing up politics in the NHL season thread but I don't care. It's so ridiculous that people still hold that against him when he was pretty much the main reason Boston ended their cup drought.

Without Thomas, the Bruins would not be visiting the white house.

rink side reporter John Gianonne takes a puck to the face to end the second period. Dude was a real trooper. He did a hit while the trainer was fixing him up. Blood was trickling into his mouth while he was talking.

E-C-W

E-C-W

E-C-W

Crapitals down 5-1 to the Penguins. They should fire their coach like right now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The President does not have to extend an invitation for championship-winning sports teams to visit the White House. It's an offer out of respect for the achievement, and while TT was under no obligation to attend if he didn't want to, it was fricken' ridiculous for him to use the White House snub as a platform to push his libertarian agenda. There's a time and place for that, and that was the wrong time for that garbage. This is not hard to understand.

As for a second item of note - you're telling me that you want to use the Canucks loss in the 2011 SCF to justify hate for TT? Please remember who TT helped knock out of the playoffs in the round before. I have a better beef for being bitter, because the Lightning and Bruins played to a 22-22 goal scoring series. The Bruins outscored the Canucks by, like, 15 goals in their series. That series shouldn't have even gone more than five games.

spacer.png

Holy crap. What the hell is wrong with Washington?

I'm wondering the same thing. We need a veteran goalie & some defense, and a miracle....

Everything is wrong with Washington.

They've let so much talent go in the past few seasons and replaced said talent with 3rd and 4th liners on offense AND defense that it's not even funny anymore.

Holy crap. What the hell is wrong with Washington?

I'm wondering the same thing. We need a veteran goalie & some defense, and a miracle....

Everything is wrong with Washington.

They've let so much talent go in the past few seasons and replaced said talent with 3rd and 4th liners on offense AND defense that it's not even funny anymore.

Like I said.... Bye bye McPhee, luck can only get you so far.

baltimoreravens.png

The President does not have to extend an invitation for championship-winning sports teams to visit the White House. It's an offer out of respect for the achievement, and while TT was under no obligation to attend if he didn't want to, it was fricken' ridiculous for him to use the White House snub as a platform to push his libertarian agenda. There's a time and place for that, and that was the wrong time for that garbage. This is not hard to understand.

How is one Facebook comment "a Platform for a Libertarian agenda?" If sitting at your keyboard and explaining in a simplistic sentence why you didn't want to attend a ceremony for a president you don't agree with constitutes as activism, god help us. You think the media wouldn't have hounded him for months, asking him why he didn't attend, had he not made that statement? I think the way he handled it was pure class. What was he supposed to do.

As for a second item of note - you're telling me that you want to use the Canucks loss in the 2011 SCF to justify hate for TT? Please remember who TT helped knock out of the playoffs in the round before. I have a better beef for being bitter, because the Lightning and Bruins played to a 22-22 goal scoring series. The Bruins outscored the Canucks by, like, 15 goals in their series. That series shouldn't have even gone more than five games.

Who's bitter? The Bruins were the better the team and that's why they won. I'm not using Thomas as an excuse for their failure in the finals. I'm defending Tim Thomas because all the negativity towards him for the whitehouse snub is setting a dangerous precedent. No player can refuse to visit the whitehouse now? Thought America was the land of the free...

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

]That is not handling the issue with class. That's sticking up a giant middle finger at people who graciously invited you into the most important building in the country. I said he was under no obligation to attend, if he did not wish to. He was also under no obligation to take pot shots at the government. I don't hold his libertarian views against him. I hold his decision to push them in that spot, against him.

spacer.png

With Obama and Thomas it's rather simple. You may not like the man who's currently the President. You may not agree with him. You may not even respect him. You respect the office of the Presidency though. End of discussion.

EDIT- For actual NHL discussion.

I think it's safe to say that the Lightning have cooled off.

!!!!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived