The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As documented, I hate the Kings. I really do. But damn do they win at social media:

beej_zps4647c6b0.png

kings_zpsbe62fe02.png

I specifically remember trolling the hell out of a Blue Jackets NWA hastag in similar fashion several months ago too. One such post:

Car pulls up who can it be

The fresh el camino rolling Gary B

He rolls down the window and he starts to say

Let's move this team to the GTA

1zgyd8w.jpg

Despite the hair and beard, he still looks too clean to resemble Russell Brand.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

As documented, I hate the Kings. I really do. But damn do they win at social media:

beej_zps4647c6b0.png

kings_zpsbe62fe02.png

I specifically remember trolling the hell out of a Blue Jackets NWA hastag in similar fashion several months ago too. One such post:

Car pulls up who can it be

The fresh el camino rolling Gary B

He rolls down the window and he starts to say

Let's move this team to the GTA

The Kings got us. Good job. That said, sports franchises should take note on how the Blue Jackets handle their social media. They're terrific at making the players feel accessible and reaching out to fans. Too bad they don't have the same competency when it comes to actual hockey playin'.

I was at the game last night. It's a bad team beset by injuries beset by the slow reality that they're a bad team beginning to mentally take its toll on the team. Last night they played like "oh I guess we're not going to miraculously be good". At least they got a point.

PvO6ZWJ.png

In other news, Wade Redden played his 1000th career NHL game last night, after rotting away in Hartford in the AHL the past 4 years.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

In other news, Wade Redden played his 1000th career NHL game last night, after rotting away in Hartford in the AHL the past 4 years.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/02/07/hockey_hurt_nhl_injuries_are_piling_up_in_shortened_season.html

DUSTIN BYFUGLIEN

The Winnipeg Jets defenceman has been missing in action because of a mysterious injury that team officials refuse to say anything much about.

He's out with "fat and slow." Mystery solved.

But seriously, that's a lot of injured players. I'm bummed about RNH being out indefinitely :(

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Going back to the Thomas/White House issue a few pages back - if his teammates weren't offended by him not attending, then what's the problem?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Wade REDden was decomposing like he had gangGREEN but now he's with the BLUEs and ORANGE you glad he's back?

Fuchsia!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Going back to the Thomas/White House issue a few pages back - if his teammates weren't offended by him not attending, then what's the problem?

I don't think anyone is honestly offended by the Tim Thomas thing. I'm not. I think people just like having fun with the idea of Tim Thomas as a walleyed Paultard survivalist who quit his job to make sure his gold was properly hoarded for the coming financial apocalypse. Come on. That's funny!

That just makes it more exciting when they win in spite of themselves.

I don't really agree with that post. The Isles aren't in danger of hitting the cap ceiling with the Thomas cap hit, so his being on the books doesn't impede their contention in and of itself. Now if they're on track to miss the playoffs, they can save a buck or two, but I don't think the plan is to suck and then circumvent the floor. It's just there for them as a contingency plan. They can help their bottom line even more by adding playoff revenue, but if they don't, they have flexibility now. Furthermore, I've never had gripes with Nassau Coliseum telecasts. I like their camera angle more than San Jose's, which is so tilted that it makes me a little nauseated.

Archived