College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia Southern for Saturday's game against Western Carolina. Throwbacks to their 1925-41 era uniforms.

Screen_Shot_2013-11-04_at_73041_PM_zps56

The uniform doesn't look that bad, but the mannequin however.... :Oo:

That can't be them. They are sponsored by Nike.

Yeah, they are. Maybe adidas gave a better deal for the one-time jersey? It's Georgia Southern, so I can't imagine adidas and Nike fighting over them...

Southern tweeted this out earlier:

BYfWmcoCMAAmVG7.jpg

That is one strange helmet.

Was Ga Southern a teacher education college in this time period? Just my guess

Yes. Georgia Teachers College. Guess the helmet is suppose to look leather.

FSU2.gif

^ that set for Ga Southern rocks, credit where credit is due to the school and adidas.

Ensuing decades found more name and mission changes: to Georgia Teachers College in 1939 and Georgia Southern College in 1959. The university continued program and physical expansion. The institution would experience probably its biggest change in identity in 1990 when it became known as Georgia Southern University.[11]

Oregon going with yellow/ white (green wings)/ yellow tonight. Yes!!!

Oregon going with yellow/ white (green wings)/ yellow tonight. Yes!!!

It would look better if the players names were in green instead of silver as you can barely see them.

Baylor looks terrible in the all black. They look like Michigan State if they wore all black.

I agree; they look horrific.

spacer.png

BYfWmcoCMAAmVG7.jpg

That is one strange helmet.

Was Ga Southern a teacher education college in this time period? Just my guess

Yup... most schools with either a hyphen or a direction in their name (that's not part of the state, i.e. North Carolina) started out as Teachers Colleges or Normal Schools.

Hawai'i is wearing these against SDSU next week:

medium_tuioti_samuseva.jpgmedium_retro_unis.jpg

Under Armor has to fix the template for their pants. Traditional pant stripes look awful on their uniforms.

It looks sort of like a combo retro uniform - the helmet and elements of the jersey are from the late 50s-era team (I think those were the years) while the pants are from the 80s (aside from the angled/cut-off bottom stripe due to the pants template). I like it. Maybe they'll finally win a game this season.

Archived