College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Was just getting ready to ask about those helmets, gdu. I take it they aren't legit?

I think they are just the spring game helmets in bad lighting.

Yea, seems that way after comparing them. The right one definitely looks like one of the spring game helmets, and the left looks like their standard yellow carbon fiber one.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha matte white, now we've seen it all. At first I thought maybe the pattern on the shoulders was supposed to be some type of corn pattern or something, that would've made a little more sense. These aren't as terrible as some other specially designed one-game uniforms, pretty conservative for the most part. But I still don't like the black for the Huskers. Living in Nebraska I get to see a lot of fans reactions to these, and both this year and last year it seems to be "dope" or "cool as hell", at least among the younger generation, which is obviously who they're trying to appeal to.

Also, that video is unwatchable.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Hahaha matte white, now we've seen it all. At first I thought maybe the pattern on the shoulders was supposed to be some type of corn pattern or something, that would've made a little more sense. These aren't as terrible as some other specially designed one-game uniforms, pretty conservative for the most part. But I still don't like the black for the Huskers. Living in Nebraska I get to see a lot of fans reactions to these, and both this year and last year it seems to be "dope" or "cool as hell", at least among the younger generation, which is obviously who they're trying to appeal to.

Also, that video is unwatchable.

What? I can watch it just fine!

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Apologize if this has already been posted. A lot of the pictures won't show up when I'm here at work...

BNjhLUECEAMQt-f.jpg

The only thing that really bugs me about that jersey are the "UCLA" stripes.

What IS that stupid pattern?

From what I can tell it would appear that on the shoulders is a basketball net, since that's UCLA's only successful sports team

Before you open your mouth and insert foot, you might want to do research. UCLA as a whole is the most succesful athletic university period. 108 National Championships over 29 sports says it's more than basketball. Do research before you spout out something stupid.

From what I've seen, their baseball team is pretty decent also.

the pattern in the new TechFit looks ridiculous. outside of that i like the Nebraska uni pretty well, except it includes my #1 pet peeve in sports design: multi colored/striped face mask.

and whats with that red presentation background? last year adidas showed all their uniforms against a really nicely lit brick background. this is jank

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1004429_10152979051100249_2014420109_n.jpg

943506_10152979050840249_1723747214_n.jpg

382493_10152979051105249_1655511729_n.jpg

"The Nebraska Cornhuskers will wear alternate uniforms on September 14, 2013 when they host UCLA at Memorial Stadium. The black adidas TECHFIT jersey features white stencil font numbers and a unique pattern throughout. The Cornhuskers’ helmet is matte white with a wide black stripe, stencil numbers and a face mask that fades from red to matte black".

BRB, burning Adidas' USA offices to the ground for the good of humanity.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I am a Husker fan and I love these.

And I'm typically a uniforms traditionalist.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The song on that video is beyond stupid. I want to stab my ears with a golf pencil now.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

BNnZ_XWCYAAxUpP.png

I'm guessing this is a tribute to the Blackshirts. It looks good but it's not Nebraska. Will UCLA be wearing something crazy as well?

It's not, but I'm sure adidas will say it is.

Why the :censored: are the Blackshirts getting honored against UCLA? Has everyone forgotten what happened last year when the two schools played? Or is the tire tread pattern supposed to be a symbolic representation of how the "Blackshirts" gave up 344 :censored: ING YARDS ON THE GROUND AND 653 OVERALL?!

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why the :censored: are the Blackshirts getting honored against UCLA? Has everyone forgotten what happened last year when the two schools played? Or is the tire tread pattern supposed to be a symbolic representation of how the "Blackshirts" gave up 344 :censored: ING YARDS ON THE GROUND AND 653 OVERALL?!

One game does not a defense make.

UyDgMWP.jpg

Learn how to stop a sweep and then we'll talk.

Today, we are all otaku.

Getting gouged in our four losses does though.

Black for NU is a big giant thumbs down for me. Barely any red in this uni which sucks and makes me wonder how anyone in Adidas is hired for creativity, cuz just slapping black on a uni is anything but. Really bummed NU just re-upped with Adidas.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Apologize if this has already been posted. A lot of the pictures won't show up when I'm here at work...

BNjhLUECEAMQt-f.jpg

The only thing that really bugs me about that jersey are the "UCLA" stripes.

What IS that stupid pattern?

From what I can tell it would appear that on the shoulders is a basketball net, since that's UCLA's only successful sports team

Before you open your mouth and insert foot, you might want to do research. UCLA as a whole is the most succesful athletic university period. 108 National Championships over 29 sports says it's more than basketball. Do research before you spout out something stupid.

Yeah, I'm not sure how a Boise State fan can talk down on UCLA. But oh well it isn't the first time...

I give adidas props for improving on the alternates from last year. I didn't hate the Nebraska red pajamas, but they weren't my favorites by a long shot. From what I've seen so far, I'd say that the 2013 adidas stuff is better than 2012.

We'll just wait to see what happens for Michigan and Texas A&M.

---edit---

Also, FWIW, all my Duck fan buddies here in Eugene are digging the Nebraska uniforms. Not sure if that's good or bad, but they are getting some praise.

UyDgMWP.jpg

I give adidas props for improving on the alternates from last year. I didn't hate the Nebraska red pajamas, but they weren't my favorites by a long shot. From what I've seen so far, I'd say that the 2013 adidas stuff is better than 2012.

We'll just wait to see what happens for Michigan and Texas A&M.

---edit---

Also, FWIW, all my Duck fan buddies here in Eugene are digging the Nebraska uniforms. Not sure if that's good or bad, but they are getting some praise.

Yeah, if a duck fan liked one of my team's uniforms, I'd consider that a pretty bad sign.

This is why the new Techfit Jerseys have those weird scratches / lines "adidas’ TECHFIT ShockWeb technology, designed to keep players fast, cool and mobile onfield. adidas ShockWeb features engineered body mapping, which maximizes compression zones across the chest and sides, in a lightweight knit structure that provides a tight fit with enhanced range of motion. Integrated CLIMACOOL mesh zones create airflow to keep players cool in every temperature."

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Archived