College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

So Adidas' stupid thing they'll have every team wear this season is that stupid looking tire mark pattern on their already terrible looking TechFit uniforms. Cool.

I'm guessing (and hoping) that the pattern won't be very noticeable during the game like most every dumb sublimated pattern ever.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why the new Techfit Jerseys have those weird scratches / lines "adidas’ TECHFIT ShockWeb technology, designed to keep players fast, cool and mobile onfield. adidas ShockWeb features engineered body mapping, which maximizes compression zones across the chest and sides, in a lightweight knit structure that provides a tight fit with enhanced range of motion. Integrated CLIMACOOL mesh zones create airflow to keep players cool in every temperature."

POWERBAND 2.0

Ladies and Gentleman, one of few tolerable uniforms adidas has made in the last 10 years.

front.png

finally one that looks good. but the template.... :huh:

(and yes i know someones posted the pics already, and i don't need examples of what you think adidas made that look good)

spacer.png

1040104_548267541885606_2104260944_o.jpg

Just posted on the "Oregon Football Uniforms" Facebook page, which is unofficial, I believe, but they're crediting the photo to a Brady Bergen on Twitter, but I can't find that user.

The Idea of black Nebraska unis isn't that bad for me. Especially since it looks like (minus the sublimated shock web garbage) badically the same as the regular uni only with black instead of red, with the whole black shirt thing they have.

1040104_548267541885606_2104260944_o.jpg

Just posted on the "Oregon Football Uniforms" Facebook page, which is unofficial, I believe, but they're crediting the photo to a Brady Bergen on Twitter, but I can't find that user.

Yea, gdu posted this earlier in the thread but took the picture off. It seems like everyone is going crazy on Twitter about thee new helmets, but it looks like ones they've already had, just with the yellows distorted because of the picture.

Left one looks like this:

new-oregon-football-helmets-2012-yellow-570x380.jpeg

Right one looks like this:

7303064.jpg

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

about the ucla uniforms

This is the new regular TechFit pattern, so expect all the Adidas schools to look like this.

They have the photo exposure turned WAY up to highlight the pattern, in person it's barely noticeable.

I keep saying, college football will soon have every team in black uniforms alts v white team (stormtrooper) alts...every week. Except Alabama and Penn State

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I agree oldschool. Seems to me that schools are more willing to part with tradition just to satisfy the current flash-in-the-pan trend that'll be gone In a month. Too much of this is gimmicky garbage with no real purpose of driving the school's athletic department but rather the manufacturer. Gone are the days when Notre Dame coming out in green MEANT something. Now it's just a supplier stunt that is hyped up weeks in advance to drive attention and boost merchandising sales.

As for the new adidas template (and to the poster who said it's barely noticeable in real life), it looks like junk. Those sublimated patterns are WAY too exposed and visible. You can clearly see them even in the non-promotional shots. Nor does it solve the problem of applying sleeve striping or shoulder loops. In my opinion, every TechFit jersey has been nearly the same as far as functionality and appearance, save for the swooping mesh panels and the way they are positioned. Adidas just needs to take a season or two off and stop pumping out these useless "upgrades." Come back when you've done something that actually solves the problem (for which you've been publicly called out about).

I agree oldschool. Seems to me that schools are more willing to part with tradition just to satisfy the current flash-in-the-pan trend that'll be gone In a month. Too much of this is gimmicky garbage with no real purpose of driving the school's athletic department but rather the manufacturer. Gone are the days when Notre Dame coming out in green MEANT something. Now it's just a supplier stunt that is hyped up weeks in advance to drive attention and boost merchandising sales.

As for the new adidas template (and to the poster who said it's barely noticeable in real life), it looks like junk. Those sublimated patterns are WAY too exposed and visible. You can clearly see them even in the non-promotional shots. Nor does it solve the problem of applying sleeve striping or shoulder loops. In my opinion, every TechFit jersey has been nearly the same as far as functionality and appearance, save for the swooping mesh panels and the way they are positioned. Adidas just needs to take a season or two off and stop pumping out these useless "upgrades." Come back when you've done something that actually solves the problem (for which you've been publicly called out about).

That's one side of the argument. The other is that young kids enjoy wearing something flashy and these types of "stunts" can attract recruits.

I'm a traditionalist, but if wearing a one-off uniform each season helps us sign 5 more blue chip kids out of high school, I support it. I'm also biased, but I think this latest Husker uniform doesn't get too far away from our classic look, either. It's basically our exact same uniform set, but they've tweaked the color scheme slightly and changed the number font.

That's a far cry from the schlock that Maryland churns out every few months.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

am i at a nursing home or on the internet?

"get off my lawn!"

No you are on a site in which most people aren't 18 or 19 year olds who think the new trends are 'sick'. It wasn't that long ago when even Oregon played in somewhat normal uniforms and regular school colors. To tell you the truth, I don't think Nebraska's black uniforms aren't that bad but they are a traditional school. Therefore I hope these are one offs just like last years abominations.

That's one side of the argument. The other is that young kids enjoy wearing something flashy and these types of "stunts" can attract recruits.

I'm a traditionalist, but if wearing a one-off uniform each season helps us sign 5 more blue chip kids out of high school, I support it. I'm also biased, but I think this latest Husker uniform doesn't get too far away from our classic look, either. It's basically our exact same uniform set, but they've tweaked the color scheme slightly and changed the number font.

That's a far cry from the schlock that Maryland churns out every few months.

The problem for me here is which side is the tail wagging the dog. It's no longer Wisconsin adding a rose to the helmet logo just because they made it to Pasadena. Now it's Wisconsin adding a rose to the helmet logo because they are part of a manufacturer program outfitting numerous teams designed to attract attention to the supplier.

The problem with the "recruits love the gear" argument is that every school is in the game. Now the special equipment is a "must-have" feature just to remain competitive. Having the cool gear no longer provides any extra value to recruits because everyone else has similar offerings. UCLA, USC, Arizona State, Oregon, Cal, etc. all could recruit the same player. Not a SINGLE school can flaunt their gear because every single one of them offers flashy gloves, shoes, newly released uniforms with technologically advanced fabrics, custom designs, etc.

It's almost as if a cell phone manufacturer tried to impress you with their hi-res camera, social media apps, access to email, and fast network connections. All of those features weren't commonplace in the market less than a decade ago but are now the standard for smartphones. They are nice features to have but they no longer make your product special. The same thing goes with the current uniform trend.

Archived