College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are these new?

BNzKkjtCcAE74li.jpg

EDIT: Found my answer. Here's the new uniforms as well.

BNzIg6bCUAAdFoI.jpg

I still maintain that you can't beat a gloss black helmet with a matte one. From Classy to amateur.

I agree. What's weird (to me) is that the majority of matte helmet designs we've seen seem to be black, but IMO black is BY FAR the worst color to use for matte helmets. Every matte helmet I've seen in some color other than black has been much nicer looking than any matte black helmet. I guess the problem is the combination of one dumbass-kewl reaction (" It's matte! That's sick!!) with another dumbass-kewl reaction ("It's black! That's sick!!) is too much for these schools to pass up.

Any chance of FSU wearing either white or garnet pants in game this year? Outside of the srping game, they haven't worn either for at least a year, probably 2.

Jimbo loves him the gold pants. And it's just another reason of why I love the man.

Let me preface it with I have no inside knowledge of the program anymore but I think we won't necessarily see either this season. The last time I remember FSU wearing the white pants was the game that was the nail in Bowden's coffin aka USF 09.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

BNzKZgsCYAApyRJ.jpg

If we didn't change the helmets, I'd love this change. The grays actually work -- they are being auctioned off after they are worn....I might be making a bid

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

BNzKZgsCYAApyRJ.jpg

If we didn't change the helmets, I'd love this change. The grays actually work -- they are being auctioned off after they are worn....I might be making a bid

I would keep the secondary logo on the sleeves with the A helmets, and the A on the sleeves with the secondary logo helmets.

I get not likening matte helmets, I don't think they all look good, but I don't understand how they look amateur. Not just Andy others have said that too...

It's not like youth teams have matte helmets everywhere while college and pros are always candy coated. If anything in other industries matte can be considered more refined and higher end. Not always but you can now get matte black watches, car finishes, etc. and you'll typically pay a premium.

Again, totally understand and agree it can look dumb, but I don't buy the amateur statement.

I get not likening matte helmets, I don't think they all look good, but I don't understand how they look amateur. Not just Andy others have said that too...

It's not like youth teams have matte helmets everywhere while college and pros are always candy coated. If anything in other industries matte can be considered more refined and higher end. Not always but you can now get matte black watches, car finishes, etc. and you'll typically pay a premium.

Again, totally understand and agree it can look dumb, but I don't buy the amateur statement.

Fair enough, classy to STOOPID. Better? Everybody win? Kewl.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

"Amateur" may not be the best word to use, but in my opinion it makes the helmets look unfinished. Like someone forgot to add the last coat of paint/gloss/what have you.

As for matte looking higher end, sorry I don't buy that. Not as far as football is concerned. Just because something (a finish) evokes a certain look (high end) in one industry (watches) doesn't mean that will carry into another industry (football). For the longest time standard gloss has been the "the" look when it comes to what a football helmet "should" look like. When I see a matte helmet I don't think "oh wow, that's high end." I think "that looks off."

"Amateur" may not be the best word to use, but in my opinion it makes the helmets look unfinished. Like someone forgot to add the last coat of paint/gloss/what have you.

As for matte looking higher end, sorry I don't buy that. Not as far as football is concerned. Just because something (a finish) evokes a certain look (high end) in one industry (watches) doesn't mean that will carry into another industry (football). For the longest time standard gloss has been the "the" look when it comes to what a football helmet "should" look like. When I see a matte helmet I don't think "oh wow, that's high end." I think "that looks off."

For me, the only place a matte finish looks proper and professional, are the insides of fenderwells of a vehicle and the rubber hoses used for vehicles and appliances. Matte finishes always look like the person is cheap and can't afford a nice gloss finish. I don't care if you want a matte finish look, it just looks cheap and looks like you can't afford to look good and don't care to. That's just me.

For me, the only place a matte finish looks proper and professional, are the insides of fenderwells of a vehicle and the rubber hoses used for vehicles and appliances. Matte finishes always look like the person is cheap and can't afford a nice gloss finish. I don't care if you want a matte finish look, it just looks cheap and looks like you can't afford to look good and don't care to. That's just me.

maserati-granturismo-17_1600x0w.jpg

bmw-m3-frozen-dark-b_600x0w.jpgMBF-HM4-Razzle-Dazzle-Watch-1024x663.jpg

Totally. Gross.

However some are just unnecessary. I don't see how going to matte helmets helps either Louisville or Appalachian State even in the recruiting dept. But oh I would love to hear the justification for it because I'm sure it costs some money to make these minimal changes.

Midway.png

Totally. Gross.

more like HAWT

Totally. Gross.

more like HAWT

Render-2014-Corvette-Stingray-with-Roof-Box.jpg

Now this looks Sweet!!!!!

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Totally. Gross.

more like HAWT

Not a word.

Archived