College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get not likening matte helmets, I don't think they all look good, but I don't understand how they look amateur. Not just Andy others have said that too...

It's not like youth teams have matte helmets everywhere while college and pros are always candy coated. If anything in other industries matte can be considered more refined and higher end. Not always but you can now get matte black watches, car finishes, etc. and you'll typically pay a premium.

Again, totally understand and agree it can look dumb, but I don't buy the amateur statement.

"Amateur" may not be the best word to use, but in my opinion it makes the helmets look unfinished. Like someone forgot to add the last coat of paint/gloss/what have you.

As for matte looking higher end, sorry I don't buy that. Not as far as football is concerned. Just because something (a finish) evokes a certain look (high end) in one industry (watches) doesn't mean that will carry into another industry (football). For the longest time standard gloss has been the "the" look when it comes to what a football helmet "should" look like. When I see a matte helmet I don't think "oh wow, that's high end." I think "that looks off."

For me, the only place a matte finish looks proper and professional, are the insides of fenderwells of a vehicle and the rubber hoses used for vehicles and appliances. Matte finishes always look like the person is cheap and can't afford a nice gloss finish. I don't care if you want a matte finish look, it just looks cheap and looks like you can't afford to look good and don't care to. That's just me.

maserati-granturismo-17_1600x0w.jpg

bmw-m3-frozen-dark-b_600x0w.jpgMBF-HM4-Razzle-Dazzle-Watch-1024x663.jpg

Totally. Gross.

more like HAWT

Not a word.

tumblr_mfd7k21tre1s0b5nbo1_250.gif

I get not likening matte helmets, I don't think they all look good, but I don't understand how they look amateur. Not just Andy others have said that too...

It's not like youth teams have matte helmets everywhere while college and pros are always candy coated. If anything in other industries matte can be considered more refined and higher end. Not always but you can now get matte black watches, car finishes, etc. and you'll typically pay a premium.

Again, totally understand and agree it can look dumb, but I don't buy the amateur statement.

im with PC here. its probably at the saturation point with helmets where its not as rare anymore and so its a less prestigious attribute. but i dont see it being amateurish at all. in most cases i think it looks very nice. Army might be the best example, the matte finish works so perfectly for them.

mostly, its what they're doing on top of it that really makes it look cheap. im not a fan of a gloss decal on a matte helmet. im still waiting for someone to do the opposite, matte on gloss. thats what you see in the auto industry since the 60s.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

There is a difference between Matte and Satin finish. The Vikings new helmet, the Seahawks helmet, a few others are satin finish. I agree with most that full matte looks not that great, but I completely love the satin finish over the ultra gloss that is the standard.

Gotta agree with you there. I love the satin finish a lot more than matte, but I have no problem with matte helmets. As someone else said, I have a problem with bad design whether it be matte or not.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

11720_10151423509086298_811806916_n.jpg Texas State

Where in Texas is Texas State?

Better question: What kind of jerseys do they have planned for those camo helmets?

Are these for a fundraiser or is their plans to wear them? Notice there are prices behind them

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

PIC REMOVED for page length

I highly doubt this is real.

Nor is that guys hair

Was just coming here to post this. I'm sure they're display models only. Can't see that happening.

Is he signing that helmet?

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

PIC REMOVED for page length

I highly doubt this is real.

Nor is that guys hair

Was just coming here to post this. I'm sure they're display models only. Can't see that happening.

Is he signing that helmet?

Yea. I guess he's the creator of the modern day realtree camo.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Better question: What kind of jerseys do they have planned for those camo helmets?

San Marcos, which FYI does not have a military base while Texas State had its origins as a normal school. Time to play soulja.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's between San Antonio and Ft. Hood. It's ROTC is well respected as well. Though it doesn't have a direct history as a military school it does have significant links to military units in the area.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Something tells me it will be along the lines of Grand Valley State. As an adidas school they wouldn't get this pattern on their shirts and pants from the 2013 catalog. As long as they don't go Sam Houston State's direction this could be a good look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived