College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

11720_10151423509086298_811806916_n.jpg Texas State

Where in Texas is Texas State?

Better question: What kind of jerseys do they have planned for those camo helmets?

San Marcos, which FYI does not have a military base while Texas State had its origins as a normal school. Time to play soulja.

I believe the official name of the school is Texas State University-San Marcos. At least I know that was the name when they initially switched from Southwest Texas State. They have the Louisiana-Lafayette syndrome. For those unfamiliar with that situation, UL-Lafayette and UL-Monroe changed to these names at the same time. ULM has no problem including the "M" or "Monroe" in the name. UL-Lafayette on the other hand practically refuses to use the second "L" of "Lafayette." They even call themselves "Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns."

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say Texas State is in the same boat as ULM and ULL. Since Southwest Texas State was located in Southeast Texas the Texas State name change made sense. People within the state were confusing its location with Sam Houston State. Which surprisingly is not located in Houston. Denison University (Granville, OH) has the same problem. People randomly drive to Dennison, OH looking for the school. It's only funny because I know the difference.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I wouldn't say Texas State is in the same boat as ULM and ULL. Since Southwest Texas State was located in Southeast Texas the Texas State name change made sense. People within the state were confusing its location with Sam Houston State. Which surprisingly is not located in Houston. Denison University (Granville, OH) has the same problem. People randomly drive to Dennison, OH looking for the school. It's only funny because I know the difference.

Eh, I don't think anyone in Texas considers anything west of Austin as East (or southeast, etc...). I think it was pretty clear to everyone in Texas that they were making the change to improve their image (which is probably the same reason ULL did). Being a "directional" school has a stigma attached to it, fair or not.

11720_10151423509086298_811806916_n.jpg Texas State

Where in Texas is Texas State?

Better question: What kind of jerseys do they have planned for those camo helmets?

San Marcos, which FYI does not have a military base while Texas State had its origins as a normal school. Time to play soulja.

I believe the official name of the school is Texas State University-San Marcos. At least I know that was the name when they initially switched from Southwest Texas State. They have the Louisiana-Lafayette syndrome. For those unfamiliar with that situation, UL-Lafayette and UL-Monroe changed to these names at the same time. ULM has no problem including the "M" or "Monroe" in the name. UL-Lafayette on the other hand practically refuses to use the second "L" of "Lafayette." They even call themselves "Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns."

To be fair to Lafayette, it is the flagship of the University of Louisiana system and legally tried to rename itself the University of Louisiana back in the 1980s but LSU's allies in the Louisiana legislature quashed the rename.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's between San Antonio and Ft. Hood. It's ROTC is well respected as well. Though it doesn't have a direct history as a military school it does have significant links to military units in the area.

So's Austin. You don't see the Longhorns wearing military cosplay now do you?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's between San Antonio and Ft. Hood. It's ROTC is well respected as well. Though it doesn't have a direct history as a military school it does have significant links to military units in the area.

Put into consideration this is Texas State its not tradition rich like Texas they are pretty new to the FBS they want to get into the uniform craze so they added a camo helmet whats the big deal its not like were going to have to watch it on TV its Texas State.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Put into consideration this is Texas State its not tradition rich like Texas they are pretty new to the FBS they want to get into the uniform craze so they added a camo helmet whats the big deal its not like were going to have to watch it on TV its Texas State.

I think military camo is more than just a uniform craze. It blurs the line between what is a game and what is real life/war to an unacceptable degree. If you want to wear camo or act like you are a soldier, there is a local recruitment office, sign up there.

Today, we are all otaku.

Designed by Russell, the same geniuses who thought up this :censored::

uniforms-georgia-tech.jpg

Georgia Tech really needs to stop this whole idea of being to Russell what Oregon is to Nike. It's just awful. I really wish they would just go with a more traditional set. It would suit them better than trying to shoehorn a bunch of silly honeycomb crap onto their uniforms.

Designed by Russell, the same geniuses who thought up this :censored::

uniforms-georgia-tech.jpg

Georgia Tech really needs to stop this whole idea of being to Russell what Oregon is to Nike. It's just awful. I really wish they would just go with a more traditional set. It would suit them better than trying to shoehorn a bunch of silly honeycomb crap onto their uniforms.

This is still just so stunning to me every time I see it. Its such a complete and total failure in every possible way.

I think military camo is more than just a uniform craze. It blurs the line between what is a game and what is real life/war to an unacceptable degree. If you want to wear camo or act like you are a soldier, there is a local recruitment office, sign up there.

I don't see how these do since the majority of the time the intent is to raise money for veteran organizations. The only thing that distracts from this is when all the teams look alike from head to toe.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don't see how these do since the majority of the time the intent is to raise money for veteran organizations. The only thing that distracts from this is when all the teams look alike from head to toe.

And if you honestly believe it is presented to the players as a way to raise money for veteran organizations you're as gullible as a 3 year old. No, it's a chance to pretend you're a soldier for the players and that football is a war.

Veterans organizations can do just as well by taking 10% off concessions at a designated "Veterans Nite" without super special awesome uniforms.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yes they could get gate receipts and the teams could wear regular uniforms but the schools and apparell companies decided to take it a little further. Most people with the uniform issues have never served. Most service members could care less or loves it.

Archived