College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

It's between San Antonio and Ft. Hood. It's ROTC is well respected as well. Though it doesn't have a direct history as a military school it does have significant links to military units in the area.

So's Austin. You don't see the Longhorns wearing military cosplay now do you?

Put into consideration this is Texas State its not tradition rich like Texas they are pretty new to the FBS they want to get into the uniform craze so they added a camo helmet whats the big deal its not like were going to have to watch it on TV its Texas State.

I think military camo is more than just a uniform craze. It blurs the line between what is a game and what is real life/war to an unacceptable degree. If you want to wear camo or act like you are a soldier, there is a local recruitment office, sign up there.

I don't see how these do since the majority of the time the intent is to raise money for veteran organizations. The only thing that distracts from this is when all the teams look alike from head to toe.

And if you honestly believe it is presented to the players as a way to raise money for veteran organizations you're as gullible as a 3 year old. No, it's a chance to pretend you're a soldier for the players and that football is a war.

Veterans organizations can do just as well by taking 10% off concessions at a designated "Veterans Nite" without super special awesome uniforms.

Why does it matter how they support whoever it is they are supporting, as long as that is where the support is going? Kids get fed that sports, football in particular, are a war from the time the lace their first pair of cleats. Are the schools using the military to make money and increase their brand awareness ... absolutely. Do the vets/military care if the money comes from concession sales or tacky uniforms ... I haven't seen or heard of one of them giving the money back yet. Do you act this negatively towards somebody rocking an old surplus rucksack as a backpack ... since you know .. he is playing soldier?

fP8H4Wf.jpg

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's between San Antonio and Ft. Hood. It's ROTC is well respected as well. Though it doesn't have a direct history as a military school it does have significant links to military units in the area.

So's Austin. You don't see the Longhorns wearing military cosplay now do you?

Put into consideration this is Texas State its not tradition rich like Texas they are pretty new to the FBS they want to get into the uniform craze so they added a camo helmet whats the big deal its not like were going to have to watch it on TV its Texas State.

I think military camo is more than just a uniform craze. It blurs the line between what is a game and what is real life/war to an unacceptable degree. If you want to wear camo or act like you are a soldier, there is a local recruitment office, sign up there.

I don't see how these do since the majority of the time the intent is to raise money for veteran organizations. The only thing that distracts from this is when all the teams look alike from head to toe.

And if you honestly believe it is presented to the players as a way to raise money for veteran organizations you're as gullible as a 3 year old. No, it's a chance to pretend you're a soldier for the players and that football is a war.

Veterans organizations can do just as well by taking 10% off concessions at a designated "Veterans Nite" without super special awesome uniforms.

Why does it matter how they support whoever it is they are supporting, as long as that is where the support is going? Kids get fed that sports, football in particular, are a war from the time the lace their first pair of cleats. Are the schools using the military to make money and increase their brand awareness ... absolutely. Do the vets/military care if the money comes from concession sales or tacky uniforms ... I haven't seen or heard of one of them giving the money back yet. Do you act this negatively towards somebody rocking an old surplus rucksack as a backpack ... since you know .. he is playing soldier?

It depends on what he's using the rucksack for. If you're a history grad student, for example, the surplus rucksack has quite the carrying capacity for holding research materials, so it has a utilitarian value. If you're a bleeping gun otaku who would likely piss down their leg at the first sign of real combat, then no, not cool.

As for the football is war analogy, it speaks more to the increasing militarization of American society. A phenomenon that, quite frankly, is a little corrosive to that same society. If you're thinking life is war, then maybe having the NSA read all your electronic communication is defensible because they're also reading the bad guys'. If you have a militarized mindset, maybe you believe you won't be safe unless you are armed to the teeth at all times. Maybe making war others and pissing away God knows how much money on the military becomes acceptable because life is war and we need it to feel safe. We've pretty much gone in the opposite extreme from where we were after Vietnam, and that's not healthy either.

Honestly, American society needs to demilitarize a little for its own good. That doesn't mean we need to stop honoring vets, just that we need to make the military and its symbols a little less of a pervasive influence in our lives. Frankly its comical to compare what happens of a football field to what is going on in Afghanistan and Iraq. So yeah, save the actual uniforms for the service academies OK?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Designed by Russell, the same geniuses who thought up this :censored::

uniforms-georgia-tech.jpg

Do you not remember what Nike did to your beloved Bulldogs for y'all's game vs. Boise State?

georgia1pg-vertical.jpg

They butchered one of the greatest looks. Nike stooped down to Russell's level with these gimmick uniforms.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Do you not remember what Nike did to your beloved Bulldogs for y'all's game vs. Boise State?

georgia1pg-vertical.jpg

They butchered one of the greatest looks. Nike stooped down to Russell's level with these gimmick uniforms.

The worst thing about these one-offs by Nike was no silver pants with stripes. I personally thought this was a great Pro Combat uniform...much, much better than what Alabama and Texas done with their PCs.

spacer.png

texas-nike-pro-combat-uniforms.jpg

Best Pro Combat of them all, IMO.

Meh. I think Texas has great uniforms (maybe the best in college football), but these were a downgrade. The tramp stamp, V-neck badge, texas patch on hips and numbers on helmets are all unnecessary clutter.

Georgia Tech really needs to stop this whole idea of being to Russell what Oregon is to Nike. It's just awful. I really wish they would just go with a more traditional set. It would suit them better than trying to shoehorn a bunch of silly honeycomb crap onto their uniforms.

This is still just so stunning to me every time I see it. Its such a complete and total failure in every possible way.

and the worst part is that it actually looks not-as-bad on the field. once you get close uup to that thing . . . *shudder*

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Coach Charlie Weis@CoachWeisKansas 26m

Waiting for the ok before we give you a little view of additions to uniform choices. Remember, some for recruiting without forgetting past.

FAU is calling these there new unis all I see is a new helmet

994224_10151674105877622_661350610_n.png

Still can't believe they went to those from these: harmonleap.jpg

Coach Charlie Weis@CoachWeisKansas 26m

Waiting for the ok before we give you a little view of additions to uniform choices. Remember, some for recruiting without forgetting past.

FAU is calling these there new unis all I see is a new helmet

994224_10151674105877622_661350610_n.png

Still can't believe they went to those from these: harmonleap.jpg

They switched from Nike to Adidas? Why?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Are these new in this video? Looks different than what I thought Kansas wore...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zndfVOjkgpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those are the embarrassing black uniforms they wore last season.12_FBC_tyoung37.jpg

Archived