College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lame. Same mismatched uniform set and a couple of boring new helmets that aren't any better than their standard helmet. Is this an FCS school?

mismatched? and the helmets are great, having the Jayhawk on all of them is a huge step up from the trajan KU logo they have used for the past 6 or 7 years

there was about a four hour delay from when they said they were going to show the new stuff. there's rumors going around that they had to reshoot because they couldn't show the new uniforms yet, which is why all of the jerseys are from last year.

Glad to see the bird back on the lids of our former rivals, but all black? C'mon, we know you forfeited the rivalry by refusing our offer to continue the football game, but was it really necessary to co-opt our uniform scheme?

Glad to see the bird back on the lids of our former rivals, but all black? C'mon, we know you forfeited the rivalry by refusing our offer to continue the football game, but was it really necessary to co-opt our uniform scheme?

Everyone is doing black now, dontchaknow.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Lame. Same mismatched uniform set and a couple of boring new helmets that aren't any better than their standard helmet. Is this an FCS school?

mismatched? and the helmets are great, having the Jayhawk on all of them is a huge step up from the trajan KU logo they have used for the past 6 or 7 years

I guess it's just me that doesn't like the look of the Jayhawk on a football helmet then? Oh well.

That black alt is still going to be awful. And not even for the standard "screwing with tradition" arguments of yore, but simply because it's an awful design. The only instance of red or blue on the entire thing is the helmet logo and the rest of it is just black and white. Why? I'm not a fan of all these schools adding black, but it wouldn't be so bad if more of them actually put forth an effort to make them look good.

EDIT: Also just realized the "Kansas" font on the black jersey is different from all of the other jerseys. Again, just why?

I love the red lid with the throwback logo. The black can just get accidentally lost as far as I'm concerned. As for the white, I don't hate it as much, but I still think it's not needed. I'll reserve judgement on the pale blue matte helmet until I can get a better look at it. The traditional blue helmet would look better if they would lose the metallic finish that everyone is going to. I really find myself hating those metallic finishes more and more.

gYH2mW9.png

I guess it's just me that doesn't like the look of the Jayhawk on a football helmet then? Oh well.

That black alt is still going to be awful. And not even for the standard "screwing with tradition" arguments of yore, but simply because it's an awful design. The only instance of red or blue on the entire thing is the helmet logo and the rest of it is just black and white. Why? I'm not a fan of all these schools adding black, but it wouldn't be so bad if more of them actually put forth an effort to make them look good.

EDIT: Also just realized the "Kansas" font on the black jersey is different from all of the other jerseys. Again, just why?

the black jerseys look like they were produced as a last minute request out of existing stock on hand which may explain the lack of color and mismatched numbers and font

the black jerseys look like they were produced as a last minute request out of existing stock on hand which may explain the lack of color and mismatched numbers and font

They were, but that doesn't explain why, if they had to keep wearing them, they couldn't have ordered a proper set this off-season.

They were, but that doesn't explain why, if they had to keep wearing them, they couldn't have ordered a proper set this off-season.

If you believe the new uni rumors then maybe they did

They sure played like one last year.

c-1.jpg

Schizophrenia.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived