College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

I hate how the chrome helmets have gone from having a sorta depth, like when Oregon first came out with them to basically being a helmet with a standard bathroom mirror finish on it.

From This-

ScreenShot2012-01-02at2.03.07PM_crop_650x440.png?1325541828

To This-

Screen-Shot-2013-07-19-at-4.15.38-PM.png

I would much rather have them be like Memphis than Oregon any day. At least you say see the sticker logo from the a distance clearly.

Really? That Memphis helmet looks all sort of knock off brand cool fad to me.

Also it's really incredible to me the way Oregon combines these sweet subtle features with loud and in your face elements of their uniforms. They're really sharp execution wise. That's where other teams that have tried to copy cat fall short. Everyone wants to be loud and noticeable but they lack the cohesiveness in Oregons designs.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate how the chrome helmets have gone from having a sorta depth, like when Oregon first came out with them to basically being a helmet with a standard bathroom mirror finish on it.

From This-

ScreenShot2012-01-02at2.03.07PM_crop_650x440.png?1325541828

To This-

Screen-Shot-2013-07-19-at-4.15.38-PM.png

I would much rather have them be like Memphis than Oregon any day. At least you can see the sticker logo from the a distance clearly.

Really? That Memphis helmet looks all sort of knock off brand cool fad to me.

Also it's really incredible to me the way Oregon combines these sweet subtle features with loud and in your face elements of their uniforms. They're really sharp execution wise. That's where other teams that have tried to copy cat fall short. Everyone wants to be loud and noticeable but they lack the cohesiveness in Oregons designs.

As far Oregon, their 2 former uniform sets were great, this current set along with those hideous helmets completely destroy their entire look IMO. As far as Chrome helmets, I can tolerate some of them, but generally I hate them all.

spacer.png

New Kentucky Alt?

This was posted on twitter. It may just be a proposed alt. I hate it, especially the helmet and i usually like matte.

BPoFDEzCIAAyND5.jpg

I tried getting this twit pick to show up but it doesn't like the format for some reason.

FYP

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

New Kentucky Alt?

This was posted on twitter. It may just be a proposed alt. I hate it, especially the helmet and i usually like matte.

BPoFDEzCIAAyND5.jpg

I tried getting this twit pick to show up but it doesn't like the format for some reason.

FYP

Unfortunately, these look all too real to me. NCAA '13 is shaping up to be the worst collection of uniforms in single season, overall. The only hope I can hold on to is that maybe the pendulum is reaching the end on it's swing into these horrible designs, and we will see a return to sanity coming soon.

New Kentucky Alt?

BPoFDEzCIAAyND5.jpg

FYP

Unfortunately, these look all too real to me. NCAA '13 is shaping up to be the worst collection of uniforms in single season, overall. The only hope I can hold on to is that maybe the pendulum is reaching the end on it's swing into these horrible designs, and we will see a return to sanity coming soon.

They're going to have to cut something come the O'Bannon ruling.

/JK It'll be the track team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Props to Arkansas for making an internal decision to make sense of their uniforms.

It's amazing how many are too inept to do this.

Yep. Just those few little changes make a huge difference as well. Still not my favorite uniform ever but they look drastically better than last season.

New Kentucky Alt?

BPoFDEzCIAAyND5.jpg

FYP

The jerseys could look ok paired with the blue pants and blue helmet i suppose. The black helmet is awful looking since they have no blue on it. Maybe use a blue UK with white outlines to make it stand out enough on the black. Really i think the blue and white helmets are plenty.

Archived