College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely love that jersey. the helmet is okay, but that jersey just looks fantastic. That template, especially with the checkered sleeves, could make nearly any color uniform work.

I just don't like the white numbers. It would look much better with blue numbers. UNLV has the same problem.

UNLV-Rebels1.jpg

Also, new ACC patch on Pitt's jerseys.

1013981_10151556420022503_1998063349_n.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I absolutely love that jersey. the helmet is okay, but that jersey just looks fantastic. That template, especially with the checkered sleeves, could make nearly any color uniform work.

I just don't like the white numbers. It would look much better with blue numbers. UNLV has the same problem.

UNLV-Rebels1.jpg

I think that kentuckys gray is dark enough to work. white numbers definately look bad on unlv

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

UNLV-Rebels1.jpg

I think that kentuckys gray is dark enough to work. white numbers definately look bad on unlv

I love that gray jersey! Absolutely love it! I hope we just burn the black jerseys!

spacer.png

Unfortunately, these look all too real to me. NCAA '13 is shaping up to be the worst collection of uniforms in single season, overall. The only hope I can hold on to is that maybe the pendulum is reaching the end on it's swing into these horrible designs, and we will see a return to sanity coming soon.

I keep telling everyone, all schools will have one predominantly blk and one predominantly white uni in their rotation. Every week will have a matchup like that. Like Interleague Baseball this season. It's soooo special and unique, we all have it all the time

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

We're going to have the take the schedule to 16 games just to fit in all the goddamn uniforms.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

New Kentucky Alt?

This was posted on twitter. It may just be a proposed alt. I hate it, especially the helmet and i usually like matte.

BPoFDEzCIAAyND5.jpg

I tried getting this twit pick to show up but it doesn't like the format for some reason.

FYP

Unfortunately, these look all too real to me. NCAA '13 is shaping up to be the worst collection of uniforms in single season, overall. The only hope I can hold on to is that maybe the pendulum is reaching the end on it's swing into these horrible designs, and we will see a return to sanity coming soon.

The jerseys could look ok paired with the blue pants and blue helmet i suppose. The black helmet is awful looking since they have no blue on it. Maybe use a blue UK with white outlines to make it stand out enough on the black. Really i think the blue and white helmets are plenty.

The black helmet is not my favorite, but the team really needed one to go with the black jersey and pants and the white UK logo will go good with the pairing:

kentucky-uniforms-black-black-white.jpg

But these gray jersey's will look amazing with the Blue helmet and Blue pants:

kentucky-uniforms-blue-white-blue.jpg

We're going to have the take the schedule to 16 games just to fit in all the goddamn uniforms.

spacer.png

I hate how the chrome helmets have gone from having a sorta depth, like when Oregon first came out with them to basically being a helmet with a standard bathroom mirror finish on it.

From This-

ScreenShot2012-01-02at2.03.07PM_crop_650x440.png?1325541828

To This-

Screen-Shot-2013-07-19-at-4.15.38-PM.png

I would much rather have them be like Memphis than Oregon any day. At least you say see the sticker logo from the a distance clearly.

Really? That Memphis helmet looks all sort of knock off brand cool fad to me.

Also it's really incredible to me the way Oregon combines these sweet subtle features with loud and in your face elements of their uniforms. They're really sharp execution wise. That's where other teams that have tried to copy cat fall short. Everyone wants to be loud and noticeable but they lack the cohesiveness in Oregons designs.

absolutely. the knock off schools are missing the point of the design decisions and missing on the execution

but i'll bet these 2 finishes are actually the same. in the Oregon pic you're seeing it outdoors and the helmet is picking up all the light and reflections around it. outdoors the color even appears to change because of the light and the sky, stadium, field being reflected in it. with the Memphis pic its the artificial light, white walls, desk . . . wait til you see it in its application its intended for, on the field. (not to say i like it any more, but it will appear different)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I hate how the chrome helmets have gone from having a sorta depth, like when Oregon first came out with them to basically being a helmet with a standard bathroom mirror finish on it.

From This-

ScreenShot2012-01-02at2.03.07PM_crop_650x440.png?1325541828

To This-

Screen-Shot-2013-07-19-at-4.15.38-PM.png

I would much rather have them be like Memphis than Oregon any day. At least you say see the sticker logo from the a distance clearly.

Really? That Memphis helmet looks all sort of knock off brand cool fad to me.

Also it's really incredible to me the way Oregon combines these sweet subtle features with loud and in your face elements of their uniforms. They're really sharp execution wise. That's where other teams that have tried to copy cat fall short. Everyone wants to be loud and noticeable but they lack the cohesiveness in Oregons designs.

absolutely. the knock off schools are missing the point of the design decisions and missing on the execution

but i'll bet these 2 finishes are actually the same. in the Oregon pic you're seeing it outdoors and the helmet is picking up all the light and reflections around it. outdoors the color even appears to change because of the light and the sky, stadium, field being reflected in it. with the Memphis pic its the artificial light, white walls, desk . . . wait til you see it in its application its intended for, on the field. (not to say i like it any more, but it will appear different)

Yeah, although i'm not sure chrome black is better than maybe a glossy black woulda been a better choice here.

But Oregon is always at the forefront of trends, but they do it with purpose, they do it with their whole image in mind. These other schools just take certain elements and mix and match them with other elements and it ends up being a big disaster (see tulsa).

This imo was the best college uniform last yr. Marcus+Mariota+Arkansas+State+v+Oregon+uU6yRRbUv8cl.jpg

I also really like their stormtrooper uniform, but i wish they had iridescent numbers AND wings on that set, OR metallic silver numbers and wings.

But my point is this is chrome and/or a modern uniform done right, and Oregons best combo.

We allegedly have kelly green pants, they are supposed to be making an appearance this year along with the yellow pants that we did not wear.

I was really disappointed with the amount of times we wore the grey pants last season

Archived