College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Kent State has switched to a yellow helmet (similar to their bowl game one, minus the crazy bird eyes) with their usual logo:

BPn_tqCCAAIZ8hi.jpg

And a link to it in action at their Spring game:

Looks awesome...a team called the Golden Flashes should not be decked out in mostly navy blue.

70389454.png

seen this, folks?

VolQuest.com has confirmed that Tennessee will add outlines of the Volunteer State to the backs of its jerseys, both home and away, for the upcoming football season. The state will sit atop players' names.

There will be some other changes to at least two of the Vols' uniforms, including what sources have said would be a faint, subtle checkerboard effect on the numbers of the road jerseys.

"The away uniform, to be able to embrace the tradition of the checkerboard into the number, I think is big," Jones explained. "And then when we go onto the road and adding "Tennessee" to the front I think was a great addition. Obviously the state (outline) of Tennessee will also be on the back on the away uniform as well.

Full Story here:

http://tennessee.riv...asp?CID=1527338

9331986054_f4d82e3e96_o.jpg

New UCONN helmet via Uni-Watch; This one with red striping along it.

Additional photos here:

http://farm4.staticf...22c060aa5_o.jpg

http://farm4.staticf...f308c5252_o.png

When I first saw UConn's helmet I thought it needed some red, but after seeing the updated helmet I think I like the orginal version more.

I can't stand that UConn helmet with the Huskie in the stripe. Not sure why exactly, but I just don't like it.

As a card carrying grumpy old poster, I completely understand why you'd feel that way. But, strangely, I find myself kind of liking it. For some reason, I like "out-there" helmet designs better than "out-there" uniform designs. IMO the Bengals helmet is probably the best helmet in football, or at least close. I even defended the Maryland flag helmet. My gripe is when teams will pair up these eye catchers with an equally unconventional uniform, creating a visual mess. Put this helmet above a straight-forward classic uniform (maybe Penn States' jersey plus red trim, and the Houston Texans' pants) then you'd have something. No multiple combos... you don't need them. This helmet is your calling card.

You guys are way too fast for me...

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Kent State has switched to a yellow helmet (similar to their bowl game one, minus the crazy bird eyes) with their usual logo:

BPn_tqCCAAIZ8hi.jpg

And a link to it in action at their Spring game:

Looks awesome...a team called the Golden Flashes should not be decked out in mostly navy blue.

you are 100% right. The GOLDEN Flashes should be wearing GOLDEN domes and they look great

looks like texas tech has something sublimited in the numbers

ua_ttu-gray_xlarge.0_standard_709.0.jpg

I can make out that its saying Texas Tech in some spots, others more faint

x7BgsoU.jpg

I think it will look good and I like the idea of the sublimated checkerboard in the numbers

New logo for the Big 12

bpyqgzqceaajh-s.0_standard_709.0.jpg

is that just a partial logo? Does it say Big 12 conference on a main one?

Otherwise its not too bad, is an improvement over the times new roman-like one.

spacer.png

I can't stand that UConn helmet with the Huskie in the stripe. Not sure why exactly, but I just don't like it.

I hate it because I like logo on the side of the helmet and this just dulls the whole thing down. I would at least like to see numbers on the side.

spacer.png

Archived