College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear god. HGI just put this on their facebook page.

993658_538595152856000_2068359196_n.jpg

I can see something on the top right helmet on the left side that looks like a Georgia G or something like that

Obviously Georgia is red but it looks like it

With my luck, it'll be the next Virginia Tech alternate. Fingers crossed it isn't.

Kentucky's had grey in their color scheme for years. Not technically GFGS.

Pants too!? Why?

Yes, have been using grey trim for at least 10 years but it was never considered a school color so it is GFGS and the black is also BFBS. I maintain that grey makes more sense than the black because of the years of trim and that the black makes no sense at all.

It's weird the template used for the grey is slightly different.

FootballJerseyCombos.jpg

UK's stubborn refusal to wear anything but matching color jerseys and pants continues to make them look like a second tier program. But I guess that kind of makes sense.

UK doesn't always wear monochrome. They do it a lot, i'll give you that but i wouldn't say they are stubborn or rigid with doing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Syracuse pulled that off with the helmet considering the stripe's grey. Now yes, Nike (orange monochrome vs. Washington that one time aside) hasn't gone off the rails with our uniforms in the past like they have with 3/4 of their schools, but considering

1. we're in a new conference and thus a "new era"

2. the amount of grey creeping in not just in the athletics department (/glares at basketball), but the university as a whole for official publications and stuff (seriously, look at our website)

3. the fact that Nike, instead of going off the rails in football like every other school in the nation, goes off the rails in lacrosse with us

has me a little bit worried, even with it looking more likely for a Tennessee or something like that. I'm also a little worried that at ACC Media Days, our players were the only ones not wearing jerseys, and SU typically is way behind the ball with uniform unveilings for a BCS school. So something could be up and I feel like there might be something up Cuse's sleeves for either the Penn State or Clemson games, or hell, full-time.

FWIW, as I've said before, adding a reversed look as an alternate, with a navy helmet (hell, it could be matte for all I care) orange jersey and navy or white pants would be a good move in my books. Or even just doing an orange jersey/white pants look with the normal helmet. However, I think our jerseys from the past 3 years are nice and sensible so I'm hoping we don't stray too far from that.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I can see something on the top right helmet on the left side that looks like a Georgia G or something like that

With my luck, it'll be the next Virginia Tech alternate. Fingers crossed it isn't.

Could this possibly be Clemson, it looks like there is a little purple on the two at the bottom of the picture.

Kentucky's had grey in their color scheme for years. Not technically GFGS.

Pants too!? Why?

Yes, have been using grey trim for at least 10 years but it was never considered a school color so it is GFGS and the black is also BFBS. I maintain that grey makes more sense than the black because of the years of trim and that the black makes no sense at all.

It's weird the template used for the grey is slightly different.

FootballJerseyCombos.jpg

UK's stubborn refusal to wear anything but matching color jerseys and pants continues to make them look like a second tier program. But I guess that kind of makes sense.

The four different monochrome looks ain't helping, either.

UK should adopt something "Jets-like." Go with simple stripes and the alternating shoulder colors and be done. Drop the blacks, grays and superfluous helmets.

Easier said than done. In today's Nike World, college schools would love the alternate changes even if fans disagree with them. Having it simple is yesterday's news.

Could this possibly be Clemson, it looks like there is a little purple on the two at the bottom of the picture.

I can't really tell the color, but judging by the tems you guys suggested, its orange. i'm thinking it could be syracuse. an orange helmet could make sense for the Syracuse Oraneg

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

HGI implied that it was an orange helmet when the posted it on facebook. " Orange ya glad it's almost Football season? GAME ON!! ". I honestly do not know who these could be for. The logo on the side of the helmet looks like Georgia's G without the oval. I am more intrigued by these.

148514_538634102852105_1011401358_n.jpg

Apparently an equipment staff member from a&m tweeted out a picture of a silver helmet earlier and then deleted it. Anyone have a pic?

http://collegespun.c...eletes-picture#

texas-AM-silver-helmet-tweet-570x427.jpg

As this article says, it could be just a random blank grey/silver helmet. However there was no advanced notice for the all-black uniform last year. Perhaps they will try to sneak a grey set out for a game. A&M has used grey as an accent color and even as a pants color in the past, but never as a helmet color

Archived