College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally hate matte helmets, but I think that blue looks SWEET. It almost looks suede. The only thing that bothers me is how shiny and out of place the decal looks. If they had just painted it or done something less shiny, it would look great.

Beat me to it. That helmet is gorgeous, and I LOVE how it looks soft. Almost like foam/suede like you said. Different in a good way, indeed.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Man is 2013 a bad year for college football uniforms.BP-Gw8DCIAADFkg.jpgBP-GBB8CYAAHsId.jpg

Wow. Just....wow.

What gets me about this is that it's designed to make you focus on the horrible elements (ridiculous helmet design, MIMI on the shoulders, huge MIAMI on the back of the helmet). The plainness of the rest of it only serves to highlight the glaring flaws more.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Miami is absolutely awful. And I unfortunately will have to see that in person (I'm assuming there's a new road too.) Who thought it would be a good idea to put the name on the top of the shoulders like that with an odd number of letters? Not that it would have been good otherwise, but all you can make out is MI MI.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

As an alumnus of Miami University, the new look is hideous and only serves to further alienate an aging (septuagenarian) fanbase that yearns for the good-old days. Even if the product on the field doesn't resemble a quality program, they could at least have kept a traditional, quality jersey.

As an outside critic though... to go from one of the most boring jersey sets in CFB to the wildest set I've seen doesn't make sense.

TCU Coach Gary Patterson is slowly tweeting pictures of different parts of their uniforms for the season opener v. LSU. Looks like they're going heavy purple and bringing back the red "blood line" accents. For those who don't know/recall, actual Horned Frogs spit blood out of their eyes when they feel threatened. TCU adopted some "bloodlines" into their helmets and cleats back around 2009. Last time it was mostly paired with black, but it looks like they're putting it next to purple this time. It will be interesting to see what Nike has come up with.

BQDQupfCIAAujFb.jpg

Archived