College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Western Michigan unveiled new uniforms and helmets today featuring "Ghost Bronco" and "Row the Boat."

OK, I'll bite. Why the :censored: are you using "row the boat" as a motto when Kalamazoo is :censored: ing landlocked? The only purpose of an oar in Kalamazoo is to beat the crap out of the dumbarse who thought up that motto.

I find it stupid too but, I can see why they would use it as an inspirational motto. In crew you have to be all together and row as one, "play as one win as one". Still would make much more sense for let's say the Grand Valley State Lakers than the WMU Broncos... but I understand it.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCU Coach Gary Patterson is slowly tweeting pictures of different parts of their uniforms for the season opener v. LSU. Looks like they're going heavy purple and bringing back the red "blood line" accents. For those who don't know/recall, actual Horned Frogs spit blood out of their eyes when they feel threatened. TCU adopted some "bloodlines" into their helmets and cleats back around 2009. Last time it was mostly paired with black, but it looks like they're putting it next to purple this time. It will be interesting to see what Nike has come up with.

BQDQupfCIAAujFb.jpg

And I still say "feeling threatened" and "bleeding from the eyes" are not things I'd want associated with my football team.

Well i think it's more of a defense mechanism, and defense wins championships.

I do like these colors together, however.

Western Michigan unveiled new uniforms and helmets today featuring "Ghost Bronco" and "Row the Boat."

OK, I'll bite. Why the :censored: are you using "row the boat" as a motto when Kalamazoo is :censored: ing landlocked? The only purpose of an oar in Kalamazoo is to beat the crap out of the dumbarse who thought up that motto.

I find it stupid too but, I can see why they would use it as an inspirational motto. In crew you have to be all together and row as one, "play as one win as one". Still would make much more sense for let's say the Grand Valley State Lakers than the WMU Broncos... but I understand it.

I understand it because that's what my high school said probably everyday. He said either your rowing and helping and sticking your paddles out of the water and just coasting or your paddles are stuck in the water holding the team back.

With Adidas, it's either ridiculous, or the uniform has nothing on it but numbers and a wordmark.

This is awful. Didn't they gave a special game jersey last year that was this? western-michigan-new-adidas-football-uniforms-helmets-jersey-gloves-12.jpg

im guessing this is a catalog order, but i havent read anything on it yet. i think its one of the better new uniforms of the year

edit - heres the article from WMU's site

The new era of WMU football continues as head coach P.J. Fleck unveiled what the team will be wearing in 2013 to the team and media.

Western Michigan football unveiled three new uniforms on Thursday afternoon, moving toward a one-color scheme for each version. Gone are the gold pants and returning is the use of brown as a primary color within the uniform.

The black uniform is all black with regards to the jersey and pants. Gold remains in the stitched numbers and letters on the Adidas TechFit uniform as well as on the socks and shoes worn. The corresponding helmet is a matte black with the newly designed "Ghost Bronco" logo on one side and the player's jersey number on the other. WMU will institute individual achievement stickers on the helmet that are crossing oars to go along with the program's mantra under Coach Fleck, Row the Boat.

The all white uniform will have brown lettering and numbers with brown socks. The Ghost Bronco logo, as it does on the black uniform, will appear on each shoulder. The biggest difference is the absence of straps on either uniform across the shoulders or down the pant legs.

The white uniform will have two helmet options with the return of an all white helmet, showing the brown Ghost Bronco logo and jersey number, as well as a matte brown helmet with white face mask, logo and number. It will be the first time since 1973 that WMU football has donned a white helmet of any kind and the first time since 1997 that the Broncos wore a brown helmet.

looks like catalog order to me, they dont mention working with adidas, and they wouldnt really have to with this design.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I thought this was pretty interesting. We always talk about "what the kids like" yadda yadda...when it comes to uniforms. But what do the players ACTUALLY think? ESPN polled the players at Big 12 media days, and here's what they said:

Who has the best uniforms in the league?

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

“I really like Oklahoma State’s – they’re pretty cool.”

"Kansas’ new baby blues are icy."

“The best is Baylor’s black uniforms.”

Who has the worst uniforms?

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/69715/players-tab-tcu-the-big-12-favorite

I thought this was pretty interesting. We always talk about "what the kids like" yadda yadda...when it comes to uniforms. But what do the players ACTUALLY think? ESPN polled the players at Big 12 media days, and here's what they said:

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/69715/players-tab-tcu-the-big-12-favorite

You've gotta be kidding me. Kansas State has a top 5 uniform in all of the country IMO. Kids these days just care about flashiness, and not actual uniform asthetics. I will admit though, that Oklahoma State and TCU do have good uniforms.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

"I really like Oklahoma State's they're pretty cool."

"Kansas' new baby blues are icy."

"The best is Baylor's black uniforms."

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

http://espn.go.com/b...big-12-favorite

You've gotta be kidding me. Kansas State has a top 5 uniform in all of the country IMO. Kids these days just care about flashiness, and not actual uniform asthetics. I will admit though, that Oklahoma State and TCU do have good uniforms.

Meh. It's nice, but the fact that they just copied the Dallas Cowboys lowers it a lot for me. (I love the Cowboys uniforms, but don't like copycat uniforms).

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

Oklahoma State has done it so right. bad ass modern design that hits with their audience. success!

i like Kansas State, but purple is just a hard color to sell in almost every market. Iowa State's another one of my favorites though

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

I am now officially old. :(

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

Oklahoma State has done it so right. bad ass modern design that hits with their audience. success!

i like Kansas State, but purple is just a hard color to sell in almost every market. Iowa State's another one of my favorites though

much like ksu isu is essentially mimicking usc...granted they have some different pants options but still.

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

Exactly! I view the same with Oregon. Modern design and traditional elements in unity make it a remarkable jersey. They do enough crazy to wow recruits, but keep it reserved enough to make the more traditionalist happy.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

much like ksu isu is essentially mimicking usc...granted they have some different pants options but still.

Agreed, and it's why I don't like their uniforms.

On 7/24/2013 at 5:10 PM, gdu said:

Man is 2013 a bad year for college football uniforms.

Is this the first edition of the Adidas "Bowling Ball-Inspired Helmet Series"?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived