College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

kinda like Cal and West Virginia? I get tired of that comparison and think that's the most common one

Well they did both wear the Broncos template at the same time. Now it's easy to tell them apart though.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USC_HH_AuditoriumWall.jpg

So you are saying this is not a different look from this

GMJXYPWFBHLNAKX.20080513180411.jpg

also when the away looks like this

o-USC-FOOTBALL-facebook.jpg

its just similar colors, they try to look different from usc, its just hard when the colors are the same

That is an insane statement. They moved to uniforms looking MORE like them right as USC was dominating CFB. Same pants and facemask color. Would anyone confuse these for USC? 423127.jpgIOWA_ST_TEXAS_A_M1_bw_spor_t640.jpg

western-michigan-new-adidas-football-uniforms-helmets-jersey-gloves-12.jpg

Isn't that Louisville's font? The "S" immediately gave that away. (Shoot...the numbers are dropshadowed just like Louisville's, too.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

USC_HH_AuditoriumWall.jpg

So you are saying this is not a different look from this

GMJXYPWFBHLNAKX.20080513180411.jpg

also when the away looks like this

o-USC-FOOTBALL-facebook.jpg

its just similar colors, they try to look different from usc, its just hard when the colors are the same

That is an insane statement. They moved to uniforms looking MORE like them right as USC was dominating CFB. Same pants and facemask color. Would anyone confuse these for USC? 423127.jpgIOWA_ST_TEXAS_A_M1_bw_spor_t640.jpg

Iowa State has only ever worn yellow pants on the road once, this is to help make the team look less like USC. The first 4 years of the "new" look the team wore red pants on the road. The Cyclones didn't look like USC for any of their big upset wins. The players and coaching staff have pointed out how they like the new white pants for the road because it does look less like USC.

The entire change in uniform in 2008 was for a move to get back to the school colors; cardinal and gold. The past uniforms that are included in this post were generally disliked by everyone, minus the helmet logo.

The new uniforms were made by mixing old looks from Iowa State and new logos/fonts. It just so happens that they are the same colors as USC. The Colts have basically the same uniform as the Cyclones. If one says that the Kansas State Wildcats look like the Dallas Cowboys, then by that logic: the Indianapolis Colts look like the USC Trojans.

Another note, the Cyclones did not blatantly rip off the Trojans like the KSU Wildcats did the Cowboys and the Iowa Hawkeyes did the Pittsburgh Steelers.

tumblr_ltis6sCLPK1qjr488o1_500.jpg

Dallas+Cowboys+v+Philadelphia+Eagles+HxiE0RUyuxVl.jpg

106490131_crop_340x234.jpg?1289071367Terry-Bradshaw_display_image.jpg?1283890800

6812257506_f163afb409_c.jpg

The Iowa-Steelers one doesn't work quite as well since Pittsburgh went to those hyper-italicized numbers.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Iowa-Steelers one doesn't work quite as well since Pittsburgh went to those hyper-italicized numbers.

Hayden Fry, the Iowa head coach in the 80s, has said that he modeled the uniforms after the Steelers so that the team could look like champions to play like champions. I would say that as long as the Hawks use those uniforms, they are considered Steelers copy cats, no matter what the Steelers themselves look like.

6812257506_f163afb409_c.jpg

To be fair, those were pretty blatant ripoffs of the Chiefs.

I've always thought this was their best look:

ddxgT8j.png

ZoVnsQJ.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

To be fair, those were pretty blatant ripoffs of the Chiefs.

I've always thought this was their best look:

ddxgT8j.png

ZoVnsQJ.png

Those uniforms lack a little in the execution department, but I think Iowa State could have made a great uniform using Red,Yellow and Navy. As long as they balanced the colors properly.

And I agree that Oklahoma State's look is great! Everything looks good and works well together... except for their dark gray helmet.

120112-CFB-Uniform-Gallery-DG_20121201150847432_600_400.JPG

That white face mask sticks out like a sore thumb. I'd switch the face mask to black or maybe the same dark grey as the helmet. But that is the only change I would make to Oklahoma State's set.

jNTsTyQ.png

Southwestern Oklahoma State goes 'Real Tree'SWOSUhelmet.jpg

I'm pretty sure its a fan made one because its on a kitchen counter...

(and i'm pretty sure that kind of helmet would be illegal)

I don't know how a fan can make that, that's a pattern you would need the technology of HGI to make

So do Iowa St fans like the cyclone logo better than the current one?

Not a fan, but from Iowa. Personally, I think they really need to use the Cyclone more as it's super unique. The block "I" with "state" is well done, and clean - but there's no special identity there - any state school could do that. Overall I do think ISU fans/grads miss the Cyclone.

I don't know how a fan can make that, that's a pattern you would need the technology of HGI to make

There are some shops that make camo rifle parts. They also will dip whatever other item you want if it doesn't have too many moving parts.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

There are some shops that make camo rifle parts. They also will dip whatever other item you want if it doesn't have too many moving parts.

On the bark it says vista? Maybe the company.

So do Iowa St fans like the cyclone logo better than the current one?

Not a fan, but from Iowa. Personally, I think they really need to use the Cyclone more as it's super unique. The block "I" with "state" is well done, and clean - but there's no special identity there - any state school could do that. Overall I do think ISU fans/grads miss the Cyclone.

I can definitely agree with that thought. Between Iowa State, Indiana and now Illinois you have a lot of school in that small area using a block I logo. Going back to the Cyclone would definitely be more unique and stand out against the crowd.

Personally, I would like to see them do some sort of throwback look with this logo. I know I am most likely in the minority on this one but I think with some updates that it could be a good look.

3hsbh0hs6q89raim5ym969lgq.gif

Archived