College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kentstate2013jerseys_zps4bf16721.png

New jerseys for Kent State. Gold and blue trim is gone from each jersey.

Boring. Not that they should look like Miami but this is weak. He may be going fir a look during his playing days though. I'm almost surprised there's no UCLA stripes.

So do Iowa St fans like the cyclone logo better than the current one?

Not a fan, but from Iowa. Personally, I think they really need to use the Cyclone more as it's super unique. The block "I" with "state" is well done, and clean - but there's no special identity there - any state school could do that. Overall I do think ISU fans/grads miss the Cyclone.

I can definitely agree with that thought. Between Iowa State, Indiana and now Illinois you have a lot of school in that small area using a block I logo. Going back to the Cyclone would definitely be more unique and stand out against the crowd.

Personally, I would like to see them do some sort of throwback look with this logo. I know I am most likely in the minority on this one but I think with some updates that it could be a good look.

pic removed

I think most students prefer the new logos that Bosack did. http://www.iowastate...1cc4c03286.html

The I state is used a ton but I don't think most people like it. It is used most on campus and documents etc.

I have NEVER seen this one of apparel and it is nowhere on campus.

iu685g4n6nednmrq0s9pid1n6.gif

I think most current students dislike the old Cyclone logo with the blue.

And current students LOVE the throwback Cy

Oregon uniform color schedule

color-schedule_medium.jpg

White for a home game that's odd.

Exactly what I was thinking, probably just a white out for the first game.

It's not the uniform schedule, it's what the fans should wear.

Wouldn't they want to match the unis though?

Exactly what I was thinking, probably just a white out for the first game.

Wouldn't they want to match the unis though?

Maybe white helmet and pants with black jersey w/ white numbers?

That is an insane statement. They moved to uniforms looking MORE like them right as USC was dominating CFB. Same pants and facemask color. Would anyone confuse these for USC? 423127.jpgIOWA_ST_TEXAS_A_M1_bw_spor_t640.jpg

To be fair, those were pretty blatant ripoffs of the Chiefs.

I've always thought this was their best look:

ddxgT8j.png

ZoVnsQJ.png

Someone needs to show these pictures to Florida so they can fix the sleeves on their orange jerseys.

Not a fan, but from Iowa. Personally, I think they really need to use the Cyclone more as it's super unique. The block "I" with "state" is well done, and clean - but there's no special identity there - any state school could do that. Overall I do think ISU fans/grads miss the Cyclone.

I can definitely agree with that thought. Between Iowa State, Indiana and now Illinois you have a lot of school in that small area using a block I logo. Going back to the Cyclone would definitely be more unique and stand out against the crowd.

Personally, I would like to see them do some sort of throwback look with this logo. I know I am most likely in the minority on this one but I think with some updates that it could be a good look.

pic removed

I think most students prefer the new logos that Bosack did. http://www.iowastate...1cc4c03286.html

The I state is used a ton but I don't think most people like it. It is used most on campus and documents etc.

I have NEVER seen this one of apparel and it is nowhere on campus.

iu685g4n6nednmrq0s9pid1n6.gif

I think most current students dislike the old Cyclone logo with the blue.

And current students LOVE the throwback Cy

Wow I absolutely love that logo. It looks great without the blue accents. Those colors just work great together in that setting. It's a shame that they don't ever use that one.

I know it's what the fans should wear I'm a student at UO, it's just odd to want us to wear white.

kentstate2013jerseys_zps4bf16721.png

New jerseys for Kent State. Gold and blue trim is gone from each jersey.

Boring. Not that they should look like Miami but this is weak. He may be going fir a look during his playing days though. I'm almost surprised there's no UCLA stripes.

I'd have liked to see them use their old Sacramento Surge look. Or the TCU opposite shoulders with the K bird.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

ddxgT8j.png

ZoVnsQJ.png

Those uniforms lack a little in the execution department, but I think Iowa State could have made a great uniform using Red,Yellow and Navy. As long as they balanced the colors properly.

And I agree that Oklahoma State's look is great! Everything looks good and works well together... except for their dark gray helmet.

120112-CFB-Uniform-Gallery-DG_20121201150847432_600_400.JPG

That white face mask sticks out like a sore thumb. I'd switch the face mask to black or maybe the same dark grey as the helmet. But that is the only change I would make to Oklahoma State's set.

That may have been one they added last year? Im pretty surr they have a grey one with a black mask

Edit - they do

[image]https://www.google.com/search?q=oklahoma+state+grey+helmet&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=c330UdGwNo_C9QSy3YCwAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=356&sei=eH30UZbGOIv49gTXn4DYAg#biv=i%7C4%3Bd%7CQhDtoJ33EXoiPM%3A[/image]

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The one with the white face mask is from their terrible Pistol Pete Helmets.

IMO the only thing bringing the OkSt set down is the grey, and the Pistol Pete helmets...especially the orange one.

I feel like the gray helmet could work with a black mask and the orange logo. The white logo just looks awful with that. Also, the Pisol Pete logo never needs to be worn again.

ddxgT8j.png

ZoVnsQJ.png

Those uniforms lack a little in the execution department, but I think Iowa State could have made a great uniform using Red,Yellow and Navy. As long as they balanced the colors properly.

And I agree that Oklahoma State's look is great! Everything looks good and works well together... except for their dark gray helmet.

120112-CFB-Uniform-Gallery-DG_20121201150847432_600_400.JPG

That white face mask sticks out like a sore thumb. I'd switch the face mask to black or maybe the same dark grey as the helmet. But that is the only change I would make to Oklahoma State's set.

That may have been one they added last year? Im pretty surr they have a grey one with a black mask

Edit - they do

[image]https://www.google.c...QhDtoJ33EXoiPM:[/image]

That one was released with the white/grey/orange "OSU" logo on the helmet

AmPJ0Ty.png 

3hsbh0hs6q89raim5ym969lgq.gif

Most fans felt initially like the I-State logo was shoved on us since it was put in a fan vote on a helmet against two very poorly designed helmets. This tornado logo is a fan favorite even though it is connected to very poor athletic teams. The one logo that is liked by everyone universally is the "Walking Cy". Every store in Ames has a shirt with this on it and almost every club on campus uses the Cy in their logo.

cnqjqszrpgnfa3xfvl3e.png

6812257506_f163afb409_c.jpg

Archived