GriffinM6

College Football 2013 Season

Still hate it.

North Carolina is a blue-white-complimentary darker color preferably navy school, but mostly they're light blue and white.

To make the dominant second color anything other than white is sacrilege.

They achieved perfection with Julius Peppers. Stay there.

Julius%20Peppers315*304.jpg?v=1

Man that's lovely! Only gripe is that drop shadow but I'd take that set as a whole over 99% of the crap everyone is coming up with.

Despite being able to produce a good amount of NFL talent Carolina isn't a prestigious football program lets not act like they're messing with excellence here. Was the change from navy to black necessary no, is it as egregious as everyone is making it out to be no. The colors work well together too it doesn't feel like when a team just adds grey or black.

It is close enough to the navy to not totally look dumb on the helmet but a whole set of black is kinda overkill. No one would have ever noticed if they were to only use it in small portions

Despite being able to produce a good amount of NFL talent Carolina isn't a prestigious football program lets not act like they're messing with excellence here. Was the change from navy to black necessary no, is it as egregious as everyone is making it out to be no. The colors work well together too it doesn't feel like when a team just adds grey or black.

It does not matter if a program is top notch or a bottom feeder on these boards and I am sick and tired of newbies coming on here and trying to state that point. We talk about uniforms and logos and it does not matter if the college is the best or the worst as far as standings!

As far as the Julius Pepper uniform, that was by far the best looking uniform for the Tar Heels and I would much rather have the Navy Blue compared to black any day. In addition, I noticed something yesterday regarding Carolina and West Virginia addition of black. Nike mentioned it was because it was because of coal mining states, so does that mean it they did EKU uniforms they would add black to them as well? What other states/areas are known for coal mining?

Don't you love these explanations that they find to fit why they are adding ridiculous colors to schools?! And what's even crazier is that the schools are allowing these companies to completely change traditional color schemes and add or subtract colors that are actual legit athletic colors of the schools! It's just crazy. When has anyone seen a volt duck?! Either way I dislike schools changing up constantly some need them but keeping with the traditional colors will do just fine

It does not matter if a program is top notch or a bottom feeder on these boards and I am sick and tired of newbies coming on here and trying to state that point. We talk about uniforms and logos and it does not matter if the college is the best or the worst as far as standings!

As far as the Julius Pepper uniform, that was by far the best looking uniform for the Tar Heels and I would much rather have the Navy Blue compared to black any day. In addition, I noticed something yesterday regarding Carolina and West Virginia addition of black. Nike mentioned it was because it was because of coal mining states, so does that mean it they did EKU uniforms they would add black to them as well? What other states/areas are known for coal mining?

Calm down Mr grey face mask, or is it Mr I love every modern uniform ever.

Of course a fan of Kentucky football would find wins and losses irrelevant, enjoy your matte black helmet too

Calm down Mr grey face mask, or is it Mr I love every modern uniform ever.

Of course a fan of Kentucky football would find wins and losses irrelevant, enjoy your matte black helmet too

Our black uniforms suck! Plain and simple! Modern uniforms? Really? Son, you don't know me very well as I love all types of uniforms, but my favorite college football uniforms are not modern, but traditional and they are: LSU and Virginia Tech and the uniform set that I HATE the most happens to be from the most modern school there is and that would be Oregon!

1202424.jpg

Am I alone in finding these beautiful?

Nope. I love em.

I think its that blue, its mesmerising

Count me on board for loving these. That black with the blue is amazing. And any school who's mascot is a tarheel is ok with using black in my book. Designing with a reasoning. Gotta love it!

I don't care about the change from navy blue to black as when used in small applications the difference is negligible. I do care that black has jumped white as the second most dominant color because they don't look like UNC anymore.

The order of colors is as important as which colors are used.

1202424.jpg

Am I alone in finding these beautiful?

I actually love this too.

I don't care about the change from navy blue to black as when used in small applications the difference is negligible. I do care that black has jumped white as the second most dominant color because they don't look like UNC anymore.

The order of colors is as important as which colors are used.

Amen to this

After Sporting KC's "Pitch Black" uniforms I thought I'd warm up to the idea of Carolina Blue and Black but for some reason it just doesn't do it for me. I think if I somehow had never seen a previous North Carolina uniform (basketball, football or otherwise) I might like it. Well, and also if every other school in the nation hadn't jumped on the BFBS bandwagon.

Don't you love these explanations that they find to fit why they are adding ridiculous colors to schools?! And what's even crazier is that the schools are allowing these companies to completely change traditional color schemes and add or subtract colors that are actual legit athletic colors of the schools! It's just crazy. When has anyone seen a volt duck?! Either way I dislike schools changing up constantly some need them but keeping with the traditional colors will do just fine

Couldn't we expand that line of thinking to include oil drilling states as well? Just off the top we can now rationalize that every school in southern CA, TX, OK could have black justifiably added to their athletic color scheme.

Also since when should a university have industry themed uniforms? I thought that was more apt for the pros like the steelers and packers. I can somewhat understand if a school was a mining or ag school but it seems to be a huge stretch.

Yea man, the Carolina helmets are so slick LMFAO. The board who hates BFBS is crowning this as beautiful, get it together.

Couldn't we expand that line of thinking to include oil drilling states as well? Just off the top we can now rationalize that every school in southern CA, TX, OK could have black justifiably added to their athletic color scheme.

Also since when should a university have industry themed uniforms? I thought that was more apt for the pros like the steelers and packers. I can somewhat understand if a school was a mining or ag school but it seems to be a huge stretch.

Right on

Still hate it.

North Carolina is a blue-white-complimentary darker color preferably navy school, but mostly they're light blue and white.

To make the dominant second color anything other than white is sacrilege.

They achieved perfection with Julius Peppers. Stay there.

Julius%20Peppers315*304.jpg?v=1

Man that's lovely! Only gripe is that drop shadow but I'd take that set as a whole over 99% of the crap everyone is coming up with.

That's one of my favorites. Tough to top it. I even like the drop shadow, here, although I usually don't.

New Florida font is decent in a vacuum, but against their old numbers they suck

It's extremely clunky and I still can't get over how terrible it looks. Who knew such a small change could be such a huge downgrade?

Does the 44 signify something or are they going to have personalized gloves?...also is that black making another appearance in a color uniform scheme that is great?! Blue orange and white is great esp the way they use it no need for black to be introduced anywhere!!!

Does the 44 signify something or are they going to have personalized gloves?.

jim_brown_syracuse.jpg