College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Not a fan of the pants stripe or the monochrome looks, but other than that, they look great.

Them and Texas Tech are my two favorite looks so far.

Spurrier seems to like the monochrome look, and you will likely see us in that setup for all conference home games. Usually on wear garnet tops with white bottoms for non-con games.

They also eliminated black jerseys and pants, which bothers me...we never use black enough, especially when it is ACTUALLY a school color and not BFBS.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kids, that is how you make a good football uniform! The lack of Northwestern stripes is a bit of a drag, but it still looks good.

Are there any other pictures of the BYU royal blue jerseys? I've only seen the one picture posted here and I can't really tell what the sleeve striping looks like.

Not a fan of the pants stripe or the monochrome looks, but other than that, they look great.

Them and Texas Tech are my two favorite looks so far.

Spurrier seems to like the monochrome look, and you will likely see us in that setup for all conference home games. Usually on wear garnet tops with white bottoms for non-con games.

They also eliminated black jerseys and pants, which bothers me...we never use black enough, especially when it is ACTUALLY a school color and not BFBS.

I've always been a fan of USC's black look. I remember a few years ago when they had the black and white helmet, it looked great.

As for the monochrome, it's not because of USC that I don't like it, I just don't like monochrome. I like the all white, but I'm just not a fan of the all garnet. The garnet over white is such a stellar look though.

As I said, I think it's a huge upgrade. The removal of the piping makes the set look classy but still modern. Under Armour is starting to get it together.

Does anyone else think college football is soon going to become like European soccer in that every year teams get new uniforms? Not every team obviously (like the classic SEC teams, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, etc) but I still think it's heading that direction.

Especially for the Under Armour teams, like Maryland, Texas Tech, South Carolina, etc. definitely seems like they get new uni's every year now.

90758391980.gif

Wisconsin with the Tech Fit uni.

1013841.jpg

So Adidas still can't figure out how to have sleeve stripes that are straight and not at angle?

It probably looks like tht cause he has no shoulder pads on.
I guarantee they will look like that with pads on. Nebraska's sleeve stripes have been at an angle for years.

8D1491C5-AA8B-4901-BFE9-47D9C56ADFA3-245

weren't nebraska's suppose to look like that? here's what wisconsin looked like lastt year. sleeve stripes look fine to me. on a sidenote, i do think it looked better last year when the number was on the sleeves.

20120928_kkt_sh5_254.0_standard_352.0.jp

Nebraska isn't supposed to have UCLA stripes. They're supposed to be straight double stripes like Wisconsin (the stripes are just thicker). Here's the pre-Techfit Nebraska jersey:

75807057-8D92-4840-9EB3-98A7301F3B65-245

Wisconsin had refused to switch to Adidas's Techfit jersey until this year. They will have the same issues that Nebraska has had.

Under Armor may have actually topped Nike and Adidas this off-season.

The South Carolina uniforms are great, I wish the stripes were a little bit thicker but overall it is a nice upgrade.

I really like Texas Tech's uniforms too, the pants could do without the Guns Up across the knee but it is better there than the tramp stamp lettering we normally see. Hopefully they will break out a red jersey as well since they are the RED raiders.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Wisconsin with the Tech Fit uni.

1013841.jpg

Maybe Adidas gave schools more that one Techfit option because there appears to be an extra seam in the shoulder panel.

The new UCLA home jerseys may also have an extra seam in the shoulder panel (although I can't tell for sure):

2ab99af4487c5736186e67ed3b42565b.0_stand

I'm fairly positive that's just a different cut made specifically for quarterbacks. No one else had sleeves like those and the numbers were in the regular spot just above the stripes instead of on top of the shoulders like Stave's.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Archived