College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope they don't carry over the Flash reward stickers. Leave that stuff to Ohio State. Looked stupid on the Kent helmets last year.

I loved it because it was supposed to go on the bowl helmet. It's a nice change of pace. I think "K" or bolts would lok great too

The termination of the stripe is way worse than the font.

Also, anyone notice Georgia, Florida and LSU all decided to change number font, but not the overall design of the uniform.

I've always preached more teams should get on board with original fonts, as they can really make a look without cluttering things. Notre Dame needs to adopt their Adidas font they've been using. More original fonts, when done right, are so much better than piping and alternate uniforms.

Not sure how I feel about Florida's though. Some of the characters, especially the 8, look terrible

I really don't like that font at all, just looks really bad. I'm sure there were more appealing solutions that could've been done.

I partly agree about the custom fonts. The Nike soccer national teams all have really nice unique fonts, so even when they have their simpler jersey designs, the fonts can be used to tell them apart. That's one of the things I hate about Adidas' international stuff, they have a terrible terrible font that they use for all their teams.

With that being said, I think a lot of times you can't go wrong with a block font. When done right though, customs can be beautiful.

Extending the stripe further down made the jersey look worse. Looks much more natural if it stops where it previously did. Unless it wraps around, under the sleeve, then it just appears as if it's hanging down, over the shoulder. The further down in this case, the worse it looks.

I gotta disagree. It's by no means a perfect solution (the biggest issue IMO is that it causes the weirdly skinny fonts, apparently) but its certainly better than the silly shorten stripes we've had to live with for a decade of so. Compare LSU's new jersey stripes to those ridiculous stripes on UCLA's current jersey.

To me, the best thing about it is that someone finally recognized the problem! The solution isn't a perfect fix, but at least someone thought about it and did something. Hopefully, they will continue to work on it.

Here's a closer look of this year's Texas A&M jersey as well as the Adidas techfit template. The biggest difference i see between the actual shipped jersey and the one shown on the mannequin is that the adidas logo moved back to the shoulder as opposed to being below the collar. I prefer it on the shoulder side as the uniform looked off balance with a centered adidas logo and and a sec patch on one side.

BRFC5d3CYAAc1Jh.jpg

Look slike the double stripes on the shoulders are gone. Down grade if true.

hi-res-156602274_crop_650x440.jpg?135326

Nope, still there.

BRFRIXyCYAASZeY.jpg
The single stripes on the pants bother me a lot, especially because they like to wear all white. This would be a great set with double stripes.
One additional note on the A&M jersey: You can see the stitching outline where they now have the state outline logo (below) on the back of the jersey (above the nameplate). Last year it was just the aTm logo.

tamu-state-logo.jpg

Extending the stripe further down made the jersey look worse. Looks much more natural if it stops where it previously did. Unless it wraps around, under the sleeve, then it just appears as if it's hanging down, over the shoulder. The further down in this case, the worse it looks.

I gotta disagree. It's by no means a perfect solution (the biggest issue IMO is that it causes the weirdly skinny fonts, apparently) but its certainly better than the silly shorten stripes we've had to live with for a decade of so. Compare LSU's new jersey stripes to those ridiculous stripes on UCLA's current jersey.

To me, the best thing about it is that someone finally recognized the problem! The solution isn't a perfect fix, but at least someone thought about it and did something. Hopefully, they will continue to work on it.

Yes they did something about it but made it worse IMHO.

The short ones like UCLA this year looks horrible too but this does not look any better.

Too much I think, the aTm was nice and subtle. Seems like they're just adding stuff just to try and get people to buy new jerseys very year because of one change like this. Also it seems like the shoulder stripes are thicker.

Personally, the truncated stripes LSU began using several years back never bothered me. They fit better with the cuts and styles of modern uniforms, IMO. The new stripes look a bit forced....but don't bother me all that much. But the font just really bothered me when I first saw it last season in the bowl game. I just don't like it.

gYH2mW9.png

The termination of the stripe is way worse than the font.

Also, anyone notice Georgia, Florida and LSU all decided to change number font, but not the overall design of the uniform.

I've always preached more teams should get on board with original fonts, as they can really make a look without cluttering things. Notre Dame needs to adopt their Adidas font they've been using. More original fonts, when done right, are so much better than piping and alternate uniforms.

Not sure how I feel about Florida's though. Some of the characters, especially the 8, look terrible

UF looks terrible with their new numbers...the thickness of the numerals and the outline spacing makes them look like heat transfers.

what all those schools mentioned including texas have in common is that pretty much all of the elite/traditional nike schools are now on some version of the speed machine uniform which has been a long time coming...from a sales perspective, obviously this must have been a big push from nike to get their best schools into their newest and most expensive uniforms.

in regard to the custom fonts, I really associate them with the 00's...along with piping and contrasting side panels...much like the rest of fashion trends, things tend to get overdone and once everyone goes the custom route the look will then become stale and we'll see the trend return back to a more classic/traditional look.

I just don't see the georgia font lasting more than a few years...not that the font is bad per se but a round font is just too many round elements on that uniform...the block was a nice offset to the oval G...I also foresee tweaks to the lsu font...from what I recall their last (all white) pcr jersey had the longer shoulder stripes but did not have the squeezed font.

Reliant Stadium and the Texas Bowl have decided to get in on the week 1 neutral site opening game trend by hosting the Advocare Texas Kickoff between 2 teams not from Texas. Oklahoma St vs Mississippi State. The logo is the state outline take on the Texas Bowl logo before it turned gold due to Meineke's sponsorship.

TexAdvoCareKickoff_0.png

I totally disagree. The lengthened stripe looks much better, particularly in the back:

Before

hi-res-154812258_crop_650x440.jpg?135510

After:

clemson-lsu_medium.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I totally disagree. The lengthened stripe looks much better, particularly in the back:

Before

hi-res-154812258_crop_650x440.jpg?135510

After:

clemson-lsu_medium.jpg

The longer stripes look 10x better, but that font size is bad.

spacer.png

Archived