GriffinM6

College Football 2013 Season

OU equipment manager tweeted this pic:PNa4EMX.jpg

I spy a Northwestern striped jersey in the back:

AqeEMEn.jpg

Now, this could be the '09 NPC jersey. But, I'm not sure why they'd have that out. My gut tells me they'll have a new throwback alt this year.

Pretty sure it is the 2009 uni...

rn_a_landryjones1_ms_576.jpg

OU equipment manager tweeted this pic:PNa4EMX.jpg

I spy a Northwestern striped jersey in the back:

AqeEMEn.jpg

Now, this could be the '09 NPC jersey. But, I'm not sure why they'd have that out. My gut tells me they'll have a new throwback alt this year.

Pretty sure it is the 2009 uni...

rn_a_landryjones1_ms_576.jpg

It is.

Not sure if anyone had posted this angle of the greys yet: ae7c2601-911e-4966-8334-914dc8647eab_117

Oversized stripes, much?

Tennessee really needs to get a new "smokey" helmet to match with their new alt, or at least a new helmet decal (i.e. orange Power T with gray outline) and gray face mask.

Sticker I designed honoring Gaius Vaenuku, the Utah player who died in the car accident with Polo Manukainiu from Texas A&M,is now on the players helmets

BRy21LzCEAAOByC.jpg

why is the bottom text upside down?

I found a photo of FAU's helmet options:

FAUHelmetOptions_zps2b4f49c6.jpg

Why they have two red helmets and two blue helmets is beyond me.

One of the red ones and one of the blue ones have the number on the right side

What was wrong with this good looking helmet?

helmets.jpg

That helmet has always been the strongest part of their set.

And they change it.

FAU can't get out of it's own way.

it's gonna be a surprise addition when they wear these grey alts.

Tennessee really needs to get a new "smokey" helmet to match with their new alt, or at least a new helmet decal (i.e. orange Power T with gray outline) and gray face mask.

I've pretty much given up on complaining about BFBS or GFGS or whatever to the point that I just want teams to at least make their dumb new uniforms look decent. That being said, Tennessee failed. The only way the new grays can work is if they use a new helmet. As it stands, they have a helmet with no gray in it at all and then pants and jerseys that are primarily gray. It just looks poorly thrown together. It's like when you let a child dress himself and he goes to school wearing a purple shirt and red pants (like I did).

This is actually why I hate most black uniforms teams keep throwing out. Temple matching a red and white helmet with all-black for example.

Not sure if anyone had posted this angle of the greys yet: ae7c2601-911e-4966-8334-914dc8647eab_117

I really hate adidas pants stripes. They tend to be uneven in width from top to bottom, and they are very curvy and just look bad.

I've pretty much given up on complaining about BFBS or GFGS or whatever to the point that I just want teams to at least make their dumb new uniforms look decent. That being said, Tennessee failed. The only way the new grays can work is if they use a new helmet. As it stands, they have a helmet with no gray in it at all and then pants and jerseys that are primarily gray. It just looks poorly thrown together. It's like when you let a child dress himself and he goes to school wearing a purple shirt and red pants (like I did).

This is actually why I hate most black uniforms teams keep throwing out. Temple matching a red and white helmet with all-black for example.

Same reason I hated their minor use of black. Put it on the helmet/pants too or it really stands out (in a bad way). Better yet, don't use it at all.

I really hate adidas pants stripes. They tend to be uneven in width from top to bottom, and they are very curvy and just look bad.

I think that is just a product of super tight form fitting uniforms, causes a straight line to warp and change as it goes over different parts of the body

Same reason I hated their minor use of black. Put it on the helmet/pants too or it really stands out (in a bad way). Better yet, don't use it at all.

Exactly. If you're going to bother doing it, then do it right. If not, then don't bother.

Nope. Keeping the helmet the same was one of the stipulations given to adidas in the design process.

Nope. Keeping the helmet the same was one of the stipulations given to adidas in the design process.

We get that. It's just that it looks terrible.

We get that. It's just that it looks terrible.

It'd look worse if they changed the helmet. Tennessee's helmet has remained quite consistent since 1964.

5emu3ege.jpg

mu4ymy4u.jpg

uwkxyJI.jpg

9138666.jpeg

Man o man I love those white top orange pant unis!!! When I played high school ball we were tenn mini with colors and helmet design and I always thought this combo was the best as well as the white white and orange orange. But that thick helmet stripe and the helmet as a whole is greatness!

Ok didn't the NCAA require Tenn to have the black outline on the home and away uni's because it was hard to see the #'s? Because there wasn't enough difference between the orange and the white?

I think that's something Tennessee did from time to time. But it did help when the numbers were lighter.