College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Ok didn't the NCAA require Tenn to have the black outline on the home and away uni's because it was hard to see the #'s? Because there wasn't enough difference between the orange and the white?

I don't think so. They allowed Tennessee to go without the black trim during the early '90s, after all:

OR7uCP9.png

aDoqvur.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok didn't the NCAA require Tenn to have the black outline on the home and away uni's because it was hard to see the #'s? Because there wasn't enough difference between the orange and the white?

No. It was added midway through the 1994 season after media complained, but nobody was required to do anything.

it's gonna be a surprise addition when they wear these grey alts.

Tennessee really needs to get a new "smokey" helmet to match with their new alt, or at least a new helmet decal (i.e. orange Power T with gray outline) and gray face mask.

Nope. Keeping the helmet the same was one of the stipulations given to adidas in the design process.

You mean to tell me the school made a decision about its identity and adidas wasnt allowed to do/force any thing they wanted? Shocking!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The giant ass Adidas logo and wordmark makes the front numbers look too low, but I do like that they've finally gotten rid of the black outline on the road jerseys. There's plenty of contrast between the orange and white without them.

i hope our orange blinds you, bammeroid.

Only thing that will blind me is all the crystal footballs we have. I hear Tenn doesnt have that problem, and 1 isn't gonna blind you.

Stay classy guys.

I like the removal of black. Improvement for the Vols

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Not sure if anyone had posted this angle of the greys yet: ae7c2601-911e-4966-8334-914dc8647eab_117

I really hate adidas pants stripes. They tend to be uneven in width from top to bottom, and they are very curvy and just look bad.

I think that is just a product of super tight form fitting uniforms, causes a straight line to warp and change as it goes over different parts of the body

Well Nike doesn't seem to have that problem, compare this tempbills-2013-ap-1-012081613--nfl_mezz_

To this

11849800-large.jpg

It all depends on the person. Those lineman are carrying a lot more fat than that linebacker. If you look at Manziel, it's the bending of his leg that distorts the stripe. Not the fit of the pant. Padding affects it as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Nike also has mesh on the side of their pants, where the stripes are. Adidas pants use the same fabric throughout which stretches much more than mesh. The way I see it they each took a different approach to uniform design. Adidas wants to be tight, and Nike wants to be breathable.

It all depends on the person. Those lineman are carrying a lot more fat than that linebacker. If you look at Manziel, it's the bending of his leg that distorts the stripe. Not the fit of the pant. Padding affects it as well.

Fat guy, bent knee, pads.

temptex-ap-half-080913-010080913--nfl_me

Pretty much everyone but Adidas has straight pants stripes. I really like the construction of the Nike pc pants so that they allow the stripe to be straight.

Fat guy, bent knee, pads.

temptex-ap-half-080913-010080913--nfl_me

Pretty much everyone but Adidas has straight pants stripes. I really like the construction of the Nike pc pants so that they allow the stripe to be straight.

The Chargers pants stripes aren't straight, but I think it's supposed to be like that. Their stripe curves at the hip and knee of every player when the standing straight up. In the picture below you can see how curved the stripe is, even though the player's leg is completely straight.

A56C7DF8-8976-45B1-AAB3-0ABC078979C9-480

Aside from the gray alternate, Tennessee's set is beautiful.

I'd go as far as to say they're top-5, in my book. I've always loved Tennessee orange!

Love the number font though, and the removal of black.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived