College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear god. HGI just put this on their facebook page.993658_538595152856000_2068359196_n.jpg

Remember these? Turn on Fox Sports1 and it looks like they belong to Bishop Gorman. I remember someone on here callin that. Kudos to you, you were right.
Those helmets don't look orange under the lights.

I think TCU comes second only to Oregon when it comes to adding new helmets. I don't know if it's the color purple that just meshes with the technology or what, but i've really liked all of the stuff they've done recently from the vinyl matte with the frog print, to the chrome, to this, the purple has always looked great.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Jumping in a bit late, but I think the perception is definitely mightier than the truth here. Below is Al Toon from the 1980s, pre-Alvarez. The biggest changes since then are the less "hole-y" jerseys (changing with the times), and the thinner sleeve stripes (those pictured are probably closer to Nebraska's than now), and of course the much-hated "motion W", which definitely took a step away from Nebraska. EDIT: I just noticed the white collar...that would be different, but it just looks bad.

Toon_Slideshow.jpg

Interestingly, Toon would end up wearing a green version of that jersey with the Jets.

So if Wisconsin copied Nebraska, it was done pre-Alvarez.

In any case, Wisconsin has no obligation to do anything. They've looked like Nebraska since the 1980s, decades before the Wisconsin and 10 other teams joined Nebraska's conference (that's what happened right?).

But I would be for a compromise to change them slightly. Nebraska puts a single stripe down its pants (to match its helmet stripe) and Wisconsin puts something resembling Northwestern stripes on its sleves (cannot just do three stripes or the it's a niners rip off) and does the superfluous white-on-red-on-white numbers (which I happen to like).

According to Helmet Hut, Wisconsin went from cardinal to scarlet in 1975, the same year the facemasks went from gray to colored.

1970-1974:

WIXXUW7074.jpg

1975-1977:

WIXXUW7577.jpg

http://www.helmethut.com/College/Wisconsin/wisconsinindex.html

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Dear god. HGI just put this on their facebook page.993658_538595152856000_2068359196_n.jpg

Remember these? Turn on Fox Sports1 and it looks like they belong to Bishop Gorman. I remember someone on here callin that. Kudos to you, you were right.

I said it was Bishop Gorman

1240628_662982230402781_1951587812_n.jpg

I know that. I'm just stating the helmets don't look orange under the lights unless there is a close up view.

Doesn't seem to help them score more than the opponent.... -_-

oregonsig.png

Purple pants would go a long way for the new TCU set. I also am not a fan of the logo on the back of the helmet. Seems like another run of the mill uniquely generic one-off to me.

I agree that purple pants would have made this set MUCH better.

One thing about seeing this is that more and more, I'm starting to lean towards the Frogs having some red in their uniforms full time...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

...(but I don't understand the red in the helmet at all).

This help?

3648.jpg

Yes it does! That makes me love the helmet so much more. That's hilarious (and pretty damn brilliant IMO).

I still wish there was more purple in the uniform, though.

So wait... when a horned frog feels threatened, it shoots blood from out of it's eyes back over it's back somewhere? The blood goes backwards? What the hell kind of defense mechanism is that?

Doesn't seem to help them score more than the opponent.... -_-

I get the sarcasm, but their best player (Top 25 National guy), was kicked off the team before this season started.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

This help?

3648.jpg

Yes it does! That makes me love the helmet so much more. That's hilarious (and pretty damn brilliant IMO).

So wait... when a horned frog feels threatened, it shoots blood from out of it's eyes back over it's back somewhere? The blood goes backwards? What the hell kind of defense mechanism is that?

If i was an animal and i saw another start shooting blood out of it's eyes, i'd prolly be scared

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

This help?

3648.jpg

If i was an animal and i saw another start shooting blood out of it's eyes, i'd prolly be scared

You are an animal. Are you scared?

This help?

3648.jpg

You are an animal. Are you scared?

Are College Football Uni's getting more and more ludicrous? That should answer that :P

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

This help?

3648.jpg

If I was about to get in a fight, and my opponent started spontaneously bleeding, I'd assume I'm going to win the fight.

This help?

3648.jpg

If I was about to get in a fight, and my opponent started spontaneously bleeding, I'd assume I'm going to win the fight.

if they are making themself bleed out of their eyes, id think the guy is crazy and i wouldnt want to :censored: with him

Archived