College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BSw81_nCAAEERrh.jpg

I've seen plenty of games in this stadium. It is most definitely not patch-worthy.

Speaking of which, do we have any Baylor fans in this thread. Can't say I remember a single one.

When I'm not following Texas, I follow Baylor. I guess they're my number 2 team. I have lots of family that has graduated from there and I hope to be going there after next year!

Interesting article on Georgia's uniforms of the past. The article also states that 2014 will see the return of silver britches to Athens.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/preview13/story/_/id/9602363/georgia-bulldogs-uniforms-stick-close-tradition

"Next year, in 2014, we'll finally have the pants back," Meshad (director of UGA athletic equipment) said. "The silver britches will be back. This year you'll see a version of them, but they still won't have the sheen and silver that we like until 2014."

I remember hearing someone saying Georgia would like to return to the silver pants and hopefully could in the future. This is the first time I had heard an actual time table given.

I'm so excited for this. I really miss the silver britches. the pants they've had for the last decade don't even come close to the look of the silver pants.

BSxqva_CQAASfjb.jpg

I'm really bored with the oversized logos on helmets that amount to glorified outlines. Okay, so Boise St and Western Michigan are the only other ones I can think of off the top of my head, but still, it's no good.

BSxqva_CQAASfjb.jpg

I'm really bored with the oversized logos on helmets that amount to glorified outlines. Okay, so Boise St and Western Michigan are the only other ones I can think of off the top of my head, but still, it's no good.

Is it impossible to do an oversized logo that isn't a simplified outline? Why do they all have to look like this?

Interesting article on Georgia's uniforms of the past. The article also states that 2014 will see the return of silver britches to Athens.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/preview13/story/_/id/9602363/georgia-bulldogs-uniforms-stick-close-tradition

"Next year, in 2014, we'll finally have the pants back," Meshad (director of UGA athletic equipment) said. "The silver britches will be back. This year you'll see a version of them, but they still won't have the sheen and silver that we like until 2014."

I remember hearing someone saying Georgia would like to return to the silver pants and hopefully could in the future. This is the first time I had heard an actual time table given.

YES!!!!!!! I remember me and BraveBird had a 2 page discussion or so back in the 2011 thread about the silver britches disappearance for grey. Glad to see they're coming back!

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

BSw81_nCAAEERrh.jpg

I've seen plenty of games in this stadium. It is most definitely not patch-worthy.

Speaking of which, do we have any Baylor fans in this thread. Can't say I remember a single one.

Are they tearing it down after this season?

BaylorStadium1.jpg

They are building a new stadium set to open in time for the 2014 season.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

YES!!!!!!! I remember me and BraveBird had a 2 page discussion or so back in the 2011 thread about the silver britches disappearance for grey. Glad to see they're coming back!
The question is will they use the current pants template or the old one? If it's the new ones, I hope NFL teams follow suit.

The question is will they use the current pants template or the old one? If it's the new ones, I hope NFL teams follow suit.

hell even if it's the old one, or some entirely new one that hasn't been seen before, shiny pants need to come back to the NFL. Especially the 9ers, saints, pats, lions, raiders, rams (need gold pants again), panthers, cowboys (no green pants), and bucs

66792_10152143593128625_1793158617_n.jpg

Sucks that Funchess switched from 19, though. I quite liked seeing a Big guy wearing my favorite number.

For those also keeping score at home, Avery switched from #5 to #11

and Gallon switched from #10 to #21.

I don't like when players change their numbers, but at least its still preseason so this will be easier to get used to come Saturday. Kovacs switching from 32 to 11 last year late season really threw me off.

Agree with you there, especially since I was a tight end in high school and wore 19. Always thought another tight end wearing 19 was awesome.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

BSw81_nCAAEERrh.jpg

Are they tearing it down after this season?

BaylorStadium1.jpg

They are building a new stadium set to open in time for the 2014 season.

Time out--am I seeing this right? This stadium has a bridge going to it? Is it set back in a marsh or something? And is that supposed to be I-35 running behind it?

That looks like a certificable traffic nightmare waiting to happen.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived