College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USC back to white socks, black shoes, white laces.

Here's Ole Miss's uniform for tonight:

white-b-blue.png

Terrible.
How can you not put any red on the jersey or pants?

I feel the same way. Complete lack of attention to detail.

I don't think it's fair to call it a lack of attention to detail. That makes it seem like a mistake or something, and it definitely isn't a mistake, it's a deliberate design choice. A weird one, I'll give you, but not unheard of. Like UCLA having no light blue on their helmet, or the NY Giants having no blue on their road jersey, it's a deliberate nod to an older design aesthetic... which is obvious when you realize they also have a white jersey with all red details. You can certainly dislike the choice, but they didn't just "accidentally" forget the red.

Actually, that weird little detail (no red on the navy jersey, no blue on the white jersey) is something I've always liked about Ole Miss' classic uniform (I'm a big fan of the Giants' uniform, too) but it's totally destroyed by those stupid navy pants with the ridiculous lettering down the side. Bleeh.

All Ole Miss needs to do is change the white stripe between the navy stripes to red and add a single red stripe to the pants.

Also I'm not sure if this has been covered but San Jose State has switched to grey facemasks. Major downgrade imho

9172169.jpeg

Old:

9034312.jpeg

Brace for nuordr. All kidding aside though, I have no problem with grey facemasks, but IMO they only work if you have grey somewhere else is your uniform or you are wearing a traditional looking uniform. Neither of those is true for SJSU.

I stumbled upon this picture of a uniform unveiling ceremony in 2002. Vanderbilt showing off their many uniform combinations, a novel concept in those days, is now pretty much standard operating procedure.

DJam020.jpg

Interesting how things have changed in such a brief time period.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Why does Tulane play in the super dome when it appears they are no where near filling up even the lower bowl?

IIRC, Tulane and the Saints played in Tulane Stadium until the Superdome was built. At the time, since the Superdome was brand new, it was figured that it would be best for Tulane to play there since a large capacity (in theory) will hold more people.

Unfortunately, Tulane football has never really drawn enough fans to fill the Superdome to capacity. Hence why Tulane is getting a new stadium that will open next year if I remember correctly.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Why does Tulane play in the super dome when it appears they are no where near filling up even the lower bowl?

they are buliding an on campus stadium, 30 K seats I think. They have played a few times at Tad Gromley Stadium for homecoming.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

New unis for VA Tech tomorrow? Ugh. Old style and plain ugly. Thumbs way down, IMO.GayleBama.jpg

Are those silver pants?? I thought Nike couldn't make metallic fabrics anymore...

Those pants are the old template, not they're new one.

Oh ok thanks for the clarification.

I stumbled upon this picture of a uniform unveiling ceremony in 2002. Vanderbilt showing off their many uniform combinations, a novel concept in those days, is now pretty much standard operating procedure.

DJam020.jpg

I wish I didn't recognize MJ from MTV's Real World in that pic.

DJam020.jpg

I wish I didn't recognize MJ from MTV's Real World in that pic.

White socks and black shoes? NO

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived