College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

I'll say it: I miss the XFL.

I mean...where else you gon' see a name like the Memphis Maniax, with a logo that says "AX" (to say nothing of the other one that looked like an electrocuted Waldo)..uniforms swathed head to toe in teal?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit: double post.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

The Las Vegas Outlaws did black and metallic gold better with one attempt than the New Orleans Saints have in about twenty.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Las Vegas Outlaws did black and metallic gold better with one attempt than the New Orleans Saints have in about twenty.

This is true. They also added in just enough red to really spice it up.

Oh and..."HE HATE ME".

The paw on the jersey sleeve is greatness.

868285.jpg

The paw on the jersey? It took me about 3 minutes to figure out what you were talking about. I'm not a fan of the so-subtle-you-barely-notice details that seem to be the new temporary rage in sports design. This is like the pointless color on color patterns that are being hidden on so many new uniforms. Why are we suddenly so afraid of a little color contrast?

Love that matte green helmet. I think that's the sharpest matte helmet.

I agree. I love that matte green helmet.

oregonsig.png

That is easy to do when you have a third color (not counting white). The red for the Outlaws made the whole set pop.

spacer.png

Rumor alert, so take this with a grain of salt...

Someone in the "know" on one of the WVU forums I sometimes read, says among WVU's new uniforms for next season will be 3 helmets. A white one, a gold (yellow) one, and another one he just labeled as "other". He also said the current flying WV helmet that they've been wearing for the past 30 years is no more, which is possibly the worst news I've heard in my life... My guess is that, if true, the "other" helmet is a navy blue chrome version of their current helmet.

90758391980.gif

Someone in the "know" on one of the WVU forums I sometimes read, says among WVU's new uniforms for next season will be 3 helmets. A white one, a gold (yellow) one, and another one he just labeled as "other". He also said the current flying WV helmet that they've been wearing for the past 30 years is no more, which is possibly the worst news I've heard in my life... My guess is that, if true, the "other" helmet is a navy blue chrome version of their current helmet.

You've lived a fabulous life, my friend.

If he's as accurate as The Dude you have nothing to worry about. Can't believe they'd get rid of that logo.

Archived