College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTbrzm1IgAAPXGr.jpg

UNC's announced combo for the MTSU game Saturday.

Merton Hanks is back!

For the children, the longest neck in NFL history:

hanksx.jpg

display_image.jpg

funny enough it so happens that he's one of the league's uniform cops now....can somebody please remind me of what sesame street character he did his routine to?

Here's the Mizzou uni I mentioned earlier. Might as well put it here instead of having to click a link.

BTcBy2SCIAAvD6T.jpg

Is this legal?

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect//public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2013/march/playing+rules+panel+approves+more+stringent+penalty+in+football

To clarify uniform rules as follows: “Jerseys must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, and be of one solid color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number.” This rule goes into effect for Football Bowl Subdivision teams in 2013. Football Championship Subdivision, Division II and Division III teams will have until 2014 before the rule becomes effective.

Some teams got 1 year exemptions to the uniform number rule since they had already ordered uniforms for the season. Arizona is one example of this. Perhaps Mizzou got an exception as well.

As for Mizzou...why? why?

Because Nike said so.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

BTbrzm1IgAAPXGr.jpg

Merton Hanks is back!

For the children, the longest neck in NFL history:

hanksx.jpg

display_image.jpg

funny enough it so happens that he's one of the league's uniform cops now....can somebody please remind me of what sesame street character he did his routine to?

I just called it the funky neck dance. The more I see the UNC uni, the more I can tolerate them. I don't think I'll ever like the number font though.

How do schools afford all of these helmets, jerseys, etc? I understand that Oregon and other big schools have a boat load of money to change all the time and have 17 helmets but these smaller schools who do the one offs...how is it done? And is this money coming straight from the athletic department?

Saving big on player salaries lets you piss away all kinds of money on crazy, unnecessary crap.

Farcically declaring yourself a "nonprofit" more or less requires you do said pissing away.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Like 5 school's athletic departments turn a profit, which then all goes back to the athletic department and the school to pay for scholarships, building upkeep, staffing, new construction, etc.

Farcically implying that universities farcically declare themselves not for profits because of football programs is farcical.

EDIT:

Don't believe me? Look it up yourself. Any state school's financial records are accessible under a simple FOIA request.

Kansas getting grey uniforms. They need some red in them.

qYilhr9.jpg

Also new set of red pants with red helmet, new red trim on blue jersey too. I think this one is sharp, even if a bit loud.

yaeylKn.jpg

Looks a lot like the real life photoshop I made for the Bills years ago.

thurman.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

BTbrzm1IgAAPXGr.jpg

What's great about this set is that on tv you really can't tell it's black although I hate the switch you really can tell if its navy or black when used in small portions like this which I believe is the way it should stay. But that combo looks great.

Word on the street is that Syracuse is looking like they're going to have an alternate helmet being added, possibly blue, and possibly some new uniforms coming out as well. As someone who gets bored of the same orange/navy or white/orange look each week when there's a sharp orange jersey/navy or white pants look that can be done. Also I think a chrome orange helmet would look great in the Dome, plus any navy helmet can really make that S logo look real sharp. And who knows.. maybe even a throwback design is in the works? Of course, unveiling new uniforms in the middle of the season would be the most Syracuse thing ever (as basketball usually comes out with new uniforms in the middle of February when they redesign), plus Nike's known to make disasters out of one of our teams, but I'd err on the side that this should be a good alternate design that's in the system.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived