College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of new unis, Northern Iowa (aka UNI) unveiled their road white jerseys for their game at Iowa State. According to their Facebook site, Northern Iowa will unveil their home purple jerseys next weekend during their home opener. I like their road unis, but I wish they would eliminate the black pants. The black is NOT even part of their official colors. Purple and gold is what they should be wearing. Anyway, here is the road look.

7623804-590x397.jpg

There is an actual video of the Panthers out there that actually does have purple pants. Hopefully they will wear them more often than the black ones. They do not need to copy the Baltimore Ravens road look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_G1qUIuF4&list=WL29523424523C3D36

I mentioned last week that the Panthers have new uniforms. They wore their brand new purple home jerseys yesterday against Drake. I really like them. And another fact is that for the first time in school history, Northern Iowa football added player names on the back of their jerseys. Anyway. here's how it looked yesterday against Drake.

522bceb426ed6.preview-620.jpg

522bd50a90fb8.preview-620.jpg

The more I see Oregon State's unis in action the more I like them.

h4wz8cQ.jpg

Those are beautiful. The only thing I would change is the face mask but otherwise they are perfect.

Too top heavy for me. Stripes and numbers on helmet and jersey are too big. I would also have a single color facemask and not have white sleeve trim.

new Oregon cleats: BTSYJoVIAAAh8ME.jpg

Did Oregon dip those cleats in puddles of oil or something?

They dipped them in a puddle of stupid.

This thread... my God... I don't know what to say anymore.

Not really much you can say. Just shake your cane and move on.
*is 26 and thinks those cleats look ridiculous*

new Oregon cleats: BTSYJoVIAAAh8ME.jpg

Did Oregon dip those cleats in puddles of oil or something?

They dipped them in a puddle of stupid.

This thread... my God... I don't know what to say anymore.

Not really much you can say. Just shake your cane and move on.
*is 26 and thinks those cleats look ridiculous*

But their demographic is 18-22 so they have to make them look kewl

and yes, I'm being sarcastic

spacer.png

h4wz8cQ.jpg

Those are beautiful. The only thing I would change is the face mask but otherwise they are perfect.

Too top heavy for me. Stripes and numbers on helmet and jersey are too big. I would also have a single color facemask and not have white sleeve trim.

Definitely agree on the sleeve trim. That just sticks out bad. Face mask needs to be all black. I can't wait for that trend to run its course.

h4wz8cQ.jpg

Definitely agree on the sleeve trim. That just sticks out bad. Face mask needs to be all black. I can't wait for that trend to run its course.
The underarm sleeve trim definitely needs to be black.

Doesn't LSU wear the purple jersey for the first non-conference home game? They are wearing white tonight against UAB.

They wear purple for every non-conference home game, but due to the high humidity today, they elected to wear white. It's happened before and often happens in the early September games.
Humidity would have nothing to with it. LSU typically wears white in their home opener. They wore white against North Texas last year for the home opener. After the home opener, LSU wears purple jerseys in non-conference games.

gYH2mW9.png

Doesn't LSU wear the purple jersey for the first non-conference home game? They are wearing white tonight against UAB.

They wear purple for every non-conference home game, but due to the high humidity today, they elected to wear white. It's happened before and often happens in the early September games.

I don't think that's right or they would be wearing purple 3-4 times/year.

Completely random uni trivia note. All 3 teams that moved to Nike's chain maille mesh template this year (Texas, USC, Florida) were favorites this weekend and lost.

And all lost in an embarrassing manner. The deity that governs football can sometimes be a very effective communicator.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived