College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Uni reminders for the weekend:

Nebraska wearing their black alts

ASU wearing all black

Iowa State wearing their throwbacks

Texas Tech doing a blackout vs. TCU on Thurs. night

So much for TTU being called the Red Raiders when they do a "black-out." But then again, at least they're not BFBS, like ECU just did.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ASU wearing all black

So much for TTU being called the Red Raiders when they do a "black-out." But then again, at least they're not BFBS, like ECU just did.

It was only recently that Texas Tech started wearing red as a home primary. They have been a predominantly black uniform team since I've been watching football.

ASU wearing all black

It was only recently that Texas Tech started wearing red as a home primary. They have been a predominantly black uniform team since I've been watching football.

Then you probably aren't very old. They used to wear red a vast majority of the time before the last decade or decade and a half.

ASU wearing all black

Then you probably aren't very old. They used to wear red a vast majority of the time before the last decade or decade and a half.

TTU was wearing predominantly black ever since the Big XII era began in the mid-90s. So it's at least 20 years that they've been rocking the primary blacks.

I

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

ASU wearing all black

TTU was wearing predominantly black ever since the Big XII era began in the mid-90s. So it's at least 20 years that they've been rocking the primary blacks.

I

On their official website for pics from game summaries from '96, these are the only ones I find:

byronusl.jpg

zebbie.jpg

And in the oldest year available on their flash viewer (2006): I see 3 games wearing red, 3 in white and only 1 in black.

More red in 2007, too, and I don't have time to go through the rest.

ASU wearing all black

I

On their official website for pics from game summaries from '96, these are the only ones I find:

byronusl.jpg

zebbie.jpg

And in the oldest year available on their flash viewer (2006): I see 3 games wearing red, 3 in white and only 1 in black.

I remember back in the late 90's bam morris days they essentially wore a knock off of the falcons scheme of black/black/silver...the black/red/black was introduced as a bowl game combo and eventually made it into their rotation but I don't think that combo was ever their dominant primary

BT5okDTIUAAo_W2.jpg

Beautiful. That will look awesome with Carolina blue and black.

wooooo-murica--23052.jpg

I'm hoping one of these years all of the equipment managers will collectively "forget" to order all of their stars+stripes/pink/camo decals and accessories. I'm still holding out hope for next year.

ASU wearing all black

I

byronusl.jpg

zebbie.jpg

I remember back in the late 90's bam morris days they essentially wore a knock off of the falcons scheme of black/black/silver...the black/red/black was introduced as a bowl game combo and eventually made it into their rotation but I don't think that combo was ever their dominant primary

Then check out some more pics. I have seen more of red than black during that time frame. From the pics, I posted they wore black-red-black at least twice for home (non-bowl) games in 1996 so that combo certainly wasn't introduced as a bowl game look in the late 90s.

BT5okDTIUAAo_W2.jpg

Beautiful. That will look awesome with Carolina blue and black.

I don't want to like this. But the helmet striping is absolutely gorgeous. I give it an A.

BTlgcIqIgAASPAE.jpg

the slogan near the front bumper makes this hilariously awful

It took me far longer than I care to admit to realize that stripe is a zipper. It quickly went from "that's....kinda cool.....whatever it is..." to "just no."

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Wake Forest? Why did you steal Vanderbilt's piping jerseys? You guys don't like each other! But if WF wearing these means that Vandy will wear that style less or not at all (and so far, the influence is lessened), go for it.

Think you got that mixed up, champ.

And they're not the same. Wake uses the old Mizzou template.

Also, Vandy got new unis so the "same" template won't be seen again.

Yeah, it's just a template popularized by Mizzou, and used by many. I think Wake is one of the last teams to keep using it.

I thought Vandy had new unis this year...but their visual identity is still a bit of a cluster. And I don't care who had those generic, templated, piping-crazed messes first, just as long as Vandy doesn't wear them again. Franklin has been doing so much to turn this program into an actual program that we need uniforms that match the logo and quality of play.

(And I'm deliberately sidestepping the now-former-players' rape case, because it's a separate issue. I hope for the victim's sake that justice is served, but as it was isolated to those players that are booted from the team and the university, I don't want the team to suffer, or have any negative stigma a la Penn State or Duke Lacrosse.)

Considering that they are Blue-and-White, I predict Silver/Blue/Gray, fwiw.

Or they might go white/blue/white?

Didn't realize so many teams were doing 9-11 tributes this week. Between the battle of the Blue and White, the first Saturday home game, and the 9-11 tribute, I'm predicting Plain White/Blue/White. However, with UNC going Stars and Stripes White Helmet, we might see the Salute to Vets helmet early...and bc it's MTSU, it could be White/Blue/Gray because...well....it's MTSU.

This team played in Silver/Blue/Blue seemingly every opportunity they could, for a while...took years if not decades to bring back silver/gray pants only to get it wrong the first time...and despite being a Nike school still has more of the generic Reebok jerseys from about 7 years ago for purchase around town than any other jersey style. (You can't miss them; they're stunningly plain, with a massive and generally miscolored MT-and-horse logo screened or heat sealed on the upper left chest.) In other words...we don't have the best uniform history at Middle Tennessee Normal.

Case in point, Dwonne Hicks is being inducted into the MTSU Sports Hall of Fame Saturday. His senior year we switched him to #4, to promote the Hicks4Heisman campaign, and his numbers went into the tank so hard that he quietly switched back to #33 before the end of the season. That's my alma mater, ladies and gentlemen!

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived