College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my research, looking at every year since 1980, Texas Tech always had a red jersey option from 1980-1999 in some capacity. From what I can tell, they went without a red jersey when they briefly switched from Nike to BigTime Sports from 2000-2002. When they returned to Nike in 2003, they brought back the red jerseys, then made them an alternate look with the switch to Under Armour in 2006 before apparently dropping them entirely with the current set.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

BT5okDTIUAAo_W2.jpg

Beautiful. That will look awesome with Carolina blue and black.

I don't want to like this. But the helmet striping is absolutely gorgeous. I give it an A.

BTlgcIqIgAASPAE.jpg

the slogan near the front bumper makes this hilariously awful

It took me far longer than I care to admit to realize that stripe is a zipper. It quickly went from "that's....kinda cool.....whatever it is..." to "just no."

Zip...Zipper... Oh my... That makes sense. It finally came to me. Now that is well done, even if it is beyond lame. But for a school like Akron, I think lame makes it great.

Uni reminders for the weekend:

Nebraska wearing their black alts

ASU wearing all black

Iowa State wearing their throwbacks

Texas Tech doing a blackout vs. TCU on Thurs. night

So much for TTU being called the Red Raiders when they do a "black-out." But then again, at least they're not BFBS, like ECU just did.

It was only recently that Texas Tech started wearing red as a home primary. They have been a predominantly black uniform team since I've been watching football.

Then you probably aren't very old. They used to wear red a vast majority of the time before the last decade or decade and a half.

TTU was wearing predominantly black ever since the Big XII era began in the mid-90s. So it's at least 20 years that they've been rocking the primary blacks.

I

On their official website for pics from game summaries from '96, these are the only ones I find:

byronusl.jpg

zebbie.jpg

And in the oldest year available on their flash viewer (2006): I see 3 games wearing red, 3 in white and only 1 in black.

More red in 2007, too, and I don't have time to go through the rest.

ha, playing the USL Ragin Cajuns. As it should be

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The stitching on the wordmark of that Tennessee jersey almost makes it look like it belongs in the Chinese counterfeit thread.

That being said, I really like these. Ditching the black outline was huge addition by subtraction

The puckering (around the lettering) is probably due to the super stretchy fabric that the jersey is made of.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Looks like the rule against gradient numbers never actually came to fruition:

The NCAAs new jersey rules were amended to remove the reference to having numbers of one solid color, despite press releases that mentioned that rule as recently as last month. So Boise States blue jerseys, which have numbers that arent solid in color, are still legal.

http://blogs.idahostatesman.com/boise-state-footballs-defensive-tackles-make-impact-return-to-espn-was-key-for-petersen/

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I am hearing that A&M will go W/M/W this saturday against Alabama. Furthermore, look for A&M to use the white helmet whenever they go up against a team that wears a red shaded helmet.

That is how every team with multiple helmets should do in the future. I hate when teams have the ability to wear a different color helmet and don't.

spacer.png

I am hearing that A&M will go W/M/W this saturday against Alabama. Furthermore, look for A&M to use the white helmet whenever they go up against a team that wears a red shaded helmet.

That is how every team with multiple helmets should do in the future. I hate when teams have the ability to wear a different color helmet and don't.

Agreed. If you're somebody like Penn State, USC, Michigan, (my Huskers), Texas, you have every right to keep your one and only helmet.

But it does bug me when you see games like Oregon-Oregon State and they're both wearing black or white helmets. Bleck.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived