College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more of a football traditionalist than I am modernist, but I dig what Oregon does. I'd say they absolutely have brand recognition. It's very unique to them though. These other schools trying to do the same are not doing it right.

That's the funny thing. Oregon being the pioneer of all this, I think they do a great job. However, everyone else now trying to copy them, not so much. You know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, although most of these other schools are failing miserably in their attempt. I think Oklahoma State is the only other school that got it right. It seems like some schools are just cranking out a million alternates just for the sake of doing it. Doesn't seem like a lot of thought goes into it.

New Maryland pride uniforms to be worn against WVU... Via Paul Lukas' twitter. To me they seem "safer" than the black and white pride uniforms, with the flag no longer taking up the entire shoulder space.

http://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/380341815422898177/photo/1

BUc-3bICUAA3cM0.png

Why isn't the entire collar black?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

BUh44wgCYAA4zq_.jpgUNC's uniform for the GT game

The more I see UNC's uniforms, the more I like them.

I agree, but I would like them more if it wasn't for UNC. Black should not be part of their color scheme.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

As a graduate of Virginia Tech's geology department, I have always had an affinity for Hokie stone (like the rest of the university), but this is just... no. You'd think they would have learned from the stupid Hokie footprint disaster, but this possible helmet plus the disgusting orange camo uniform design AND the gray mess versus Alabama, this is just a trainwreck that keeps getting worse and worse and worse.

Bunch of rockheads in Blacksburg.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Unfortunately, not even that thin justification of the design actually making sense for the university can salvage that monstrosity.

That's it. Sanction Oregon. This crap has gone too far. They've caused all this nonsense and it needs to stop.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Unfortunately, not even that thin justification of the design actually making sense for the university can salvage that monstrosity.

That's it. Sanction Oregon. This crap has gone too far. They've caused all this nonsense and it needs to stop.

I agree that Oregon is too blame, but I believe that it is now far beyond them that stopping them would not affect every other school in the nation. I have always been a fan of having two different helmets, but to introduce a new one every month is crazy.

spacer.png

Archived