College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This is the first time this uniform will hit the field in competition," said Clement. "The key is that most fabrics in a football uniform are a mesh or stretch knit, this is a non-stretch, rip-stop which makes the player nearly impossible to grab."

The non-stretch fabric, utilized on the back and chest panel, is called Armourgrid. It first debuted for Under Armour with the Welsh Rugby Union, and is now transfered to the football field. Thanks to tweaks in production, like the employment of single-layer tackle twill numbers, it is also substantially lighter than any football uniform on the field. Or as Clement claims, "light as a feather, strong as a bull."

http://www.complex.com/art-design/2013/09/maryland-football-uniform-under-armour

I wonder if this will eliminate/reduce the severe number distortion we see on modern stretch-fit football unis. If so: props to UA for solving that particular problem. Of course, we'll need to see them in action to be certain.

I wish BYU would switch to the royal blues full-time.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ugh football!!! Just stop please with the craziness of all these crappy, crazy uniforms! I was okay with them for a while but it just kind of disgusts me, I just think of Nike and UA and Adidas just making bank.

I love uniforms and this forum, but it's all turning me off from college football as a whole.

Forgot about that one, David. Now that I see Syracuse's Helmet again, it is still second worse with Jacksonville a close third.

Hold the phone. It's still early in the season and Virginia Tech may unveil a Hokey Stone helmet with a Chrome/Matte gradient and an Orange Camo facemask.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I wish there was a .gif of the Heat Miser when the Snow Miser calls him on "The Hotline" and he jumps up and down in anger.

I mean, a navy helmet, had it been with the normal striping, I don't care if it's matte or chrome or normal, with a normal block S would've been fine. Navy pants with white or orange alternates would be fine. Out of nowhere, however, this all navy look, and at that much worse, an all navy look with inspiration out of Jacksonville's god awful helmets for the lids is breaking out. I mean, I've been hoping Cuse would break out an alternate look for some time now, but not like this. All they had to do was a little color swapping and make it navy/orange/navy and you'd have an alternate that's not over the top and be one of the best in college football without diluting the brand or whatever you guys hate every week with Oregon or whatever. Instead, we're becoming a navy blobbed with some orange gradients mess.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

New Syracuse helmet: BUoLQUuCcAAd81i.jpg

No logo or anything?

This helmet COULD look good...depending on the execution.. "fading helmet, with Orange Jerseys, and some sort of pant color

Im hoping this was taken before it was finished.....HOPING

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived