Griffinmarlins

College Football 2013 Season

I don't think the Syracuse helmets are that bad. They aren't great but IMO they are lightyears ahead of the Jaguars helmets, at least it fades at the back instead of the middle of the helmet.

Has anyone else noticed that Syracuse is going blue and Illinois is going orange? I would tend to think, that Syracuse (Orangemen) would head towards orange as opposed to Illinois.

Anyone watching the Pitt vs. Duke game? It looks great. Pitt going gold/white/blue and Duke with the Colts home look.

"This is the first time this uniform will hit the field in competition," said Clement. "The key is that most fabrics in a football uniform are a mesh or stretch knit, this is a non-stretch, rip-stop which makes the player nearly impossible to grab."

The non-stretch fabric, utilized on the back and chest panel, is called Armourgrid. It first debuted for Under Armour with the Welsh Rugby Union, and is now transfered to the football field. Thanks to tweaks in production, like the employment of single-layer tackle twill numbers, it is also substantially lighter than any football uniform on the field. Or as Clement claims, "light as a feather, strong as a bull."

http://www.complex.com/art-design/2013/09/maryland-football-uniform-under-armour

I wonder if this will eliminate/reduce the severe number distortion we see on modern stretch-fit football unis. If so: props to UA for solving that particular problem. Of course, we'll need to see them in action to be certain.

Hopefully Adidas gets off their duffs and explores this tech, so they can fix the ucla stripes problem. But they probably won't, they are still use jamming fruit strip gum camo down our throats.

More on Cuse...

BUtV6tGCIAABBTJ.jpg

If you're not watching, Wake's shoving the white helmets down our throats again.

I don't understand why you keep complaining about the white helmet as it looks good. If it had a gray facemask or if it was chrome I could see the need to complain, but it is a nice clean look for them....now their uniform template is out-of-date and needs to be changed.

More on Cuse...

BUtV6tGCIAABBTJ.jpg

This is helmet is still not as bad as Jacksonville's! With that being said it still sucks!

Edited by nuordr

I really like that Syracuse helmet. I think that they did the gradient really well.

The Arkansas-Rutgers game looks really good. AK is in all white, and Rutgers is wearing the silver helmets with black pants and jerseys.

Logan Thomas is missing his right helmet decal, and the left is falling off.

What Central Michigan trotted out this weekend.

new-central-michigan-uniforms-5.jpgnew-central-michigan-uniforms-3.jpgnew-central-michigan-uniforms-1-570x378.

Based on:

new-central-michigan-uniforms-2-570x760.

Matte logoless helmet:

new-central-michigan-uniforms-4-570x393.

Double front numbers from Central Michigan this weekend.

1240294_543731162366537_1010157590_n.jpg

The big thing on the front is a C, not a 6

I don't mind Syracuse's helmet. But if you're going for a gradient, then you should avoid matte. A standard gloss shell would do that gradient wonders.

The 'cuse helmet actually looks ok with the decal. The gradient is more pronounced that the earlier picture so I can live with it. I don't get how this one, and Alma's helmets are worse than Jacksonville. That's just crazy talk.

With all the college football 'experimentation' that occurs now, I predict we will see a palm tree helmet stripe in the near future. Yes you heard it here first (well, maybe not. I'm not scrolling hundreds of pages to see if its been mentioned) and yes I dreamt it last night (I am a true logo nerd)

Georgia Tech might have the quietest upgrade this year. So basically they went from having one of the worst to possibly one of the best in the country.

From this mess

20120929_kdl_as8_025_standard_1349056400

To this beauty

dm_130831_ncf_georgiatech_elon_highlight

If you're not watching, Wake's shoving the white helmets down our throats again.

I don't understand why you keep complaining about the white helmet as it looks good. If it had a gray facemask or if it was chrome I could see the need to complain, but it is a nice clean look for them....now their uniform template is out-of-date and needs to be changed.

:rolleyes:

Georgia Tech might have the quietest upgrade this year. So basically they went from having one of the worst to possibly one of the best in the country.

From this mess

20120929_kdl_as8_025_standard_1349056400

To this beauty

dm_130831_ncf_georgiatech_elon_highlight

nah those are still ugly

More on Cuse...

BUtV6tGCIAABBTJ.jpg

It never ceases to bother me how the Syracuse Orange keep adding more and more navy to their football uniforms. How hard is it to just make a football version of their basketball uniforms?