College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This is the first time this uniform will hit the field in competition," said Clement. "The key is that most fabrics in a football uniform are a mesh or stretch knit, this is a non-stretch, rip-stop which makes the player nearly impossible to grab."

The non-stretch fabric, utilized on the back and chest panel, is called Armourgrid. It first debuted for Under Armour with the Welsh Rugby Union, and is now transfered to the football field. Thanks to tweaks in production, like the employment of single-layer tackle twill numbers, it is also substantially lighter than any football uniform on the field. Or as Clement claims, "light as a feather, strong as a bull."

http://www.complex.com/art-design/2013/09/maryland-football-uniform-under-armour

I wonder if this will eliminate/reduce the severe number distortion we see on modern stretch-fit football unis. If so: props to UA for solving that particular problem. Of course, we'll need to see them in action to be certain.

Hopefully Adidas gets off their duffs and explores this tech, so they can fix the ucla stripes problem. But they probably won't, they are still use jamming fruit strip gum camo down our throats.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

If you're not watching, Wake's shoving the white helmets down our throats again.

I don't understand why you keep complaining about the white helmet as it looks good. If it had a gray facemask or if it was chrome I could see the need to complain, but it is a nice clean look for them....now their uniform template is out-of-date and needs to be changed.

More on Cuse...

BUtV6tGCIAABBTJ.jpg

This is helmet is still not as bad as Jacksonville's! With that being said it still sucks!

spacer.png

The 'cuse helmet actually looks ok with the decal. The gradient is more pronounced that the earlier picture so I can live with it. I don't get how this one, and Alma's helmets are worse than Jacksonville. That's just crazy talk.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

With all the college football 'experimentation' that occurs now, I predict we will see a palm tree helmet stripe in the near future. Yes you heard it here first (well, maybe not. I'm not scrolling hundreds of pages to see if its been mentioned) and yes I dreamt it last night (I am a true logo nerd)

If you're not watching, Wake's shoving the white helmets down our throats again.

I don't understand why you keep complaining about the white helmet as it looks good. If it had a gray facemask or if it was chrome I could see the need to complain, but it is a nice clean look for them....now their uniform template is out-of-date and needs to be changed.

:rolleyes:

Archived