Griffinmarlins

College Football 2013 Season

More on Cuse...

BUtV6tGCIAABBTJ.jpg

It never ceases to bother me how the Syracuse Orange keep adding more and more navy to their football uniforms. How hard is it to just make a football version of their basketball uniforms?

Hopefully the use of more blue will carry over to the basketball team and they will get rid of the ducktape numbers in favor of more blue.

Why? They are the ORANGE. If anything the ducktape should carry over to the football team and less blue should be used.

I think blue numbers look better than the silver numbers the basketball team wears. They need to get rid of silver altogether. And football team needs to leave the gradient helmet in the nearest lake.

More on Cuse...

BUtV6tGCIAABBTJ.jpg

It never ceases to bother me how the Syracuse Orange keep adding more and more navy to their football uniforms. How hard is it to just make a football version of their basketball uniforms?

Hopefully the use of more blue will carry over to the basketball team and they will get rid of the ducktape numbers in favor of more blue.

Why? They are the ORANGE. If anything the ducktape should carry over to the football team and less blue should be used.

Blue at the very least has a very deep traditional background with the football program. Yes, they're going way too far into things with the helmets and new pants with the home uniforms lately, but every time someone brings this up in regards to football needs to realize that although Syracuse are nicknamed the Orange, football's always been dominantly navy.

Also the grey's fine in small doses around the SU athletic program (hell, even the academic side has been pushing grey quite a lot if we're going into the "athletic teams not using institutional colors" argument), but knowing the recent grey trend in college football, you'd see a football version of this and this thread would boil over even more

IMG_4333(1).JPG

BYU has a chrome facemask, The Holy War game tonight is Royal Blue vs Red. Can't find any pictures yet.

BYU has a chrome facemask, The Holy War game tonight is Royal Blue vs Red. Can't find any pictures yet.

They're having the same issue as Wisconsin. The blue on the helmet is much darker than on the uniform.

IU's chrome candy striped helmets look awful at night. The top of the helmet looks black due to the night sky. Similarly, Mizzou's logo on the matte helmet is not visible at a distance on the TV. Overall, a terrible helmet match up in Bloomington under the lights.

Those gradient helmets make them look like they should be called the Syracuse Sunset

Just noticed BYU's helmet blue is darker than the jersey blue. That's pathetic. You're going to rock a throwback blue for a rivalry game, have full royal blue uniforms and you're to lazy to make the helmet royal blue? Ridiculous. Would've been a pretty decent uniform matchup if it weren't for that screw up.

I have been forgetting to post this, but Alabama will be wearing a helmet decal this season paying tribute to the former athletic director Mal Moore who passed away this spring.

MalMooreDecal.jpg

Logan Thomas is missing his right helmet decal, and the left is falling off.

College1.jpg

Those are terrible, just an awful, awful job by Nike and the VT branding crew. A shame because they'd really made good use of a unique color scheme in the past.

OSU is wearing 'MT' decals for the daughter of Columbus-are sportscaster Dom Tiberi; she was killed in a car crash this past week. The decal is just white on a black background.

Wyoming has all of our favorite unis on tonight. The Grey camo ones

Pulling out that crap in a road game at a service academy took some real stones,

It also made me realize that Virginia Tech's camo unis are, in fact, Wyoming knockoffs.

It looked like LSU put that new tiger head on their helmet, in place of the old traditional one. I could be wrong though.

It looked like LSU put that new tiger head on their helmet, in place of the old traditional one. I could be wrong though.

Doesn't look like it.

hi-res-152590922_crop_650x440.jpg?137950

Doesn't look like it.

That's an old picture 1 Lsu isn't wearing their new cut in the picture. 2 that auburn player is wearing gloves from 2 years ago.

Doesn't look like it.

That picture isn't from this years game