College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Thanks a lot, Oregon. This is all your fault.

Indeed. Oregon started this mess. Every stupid alternate helmet, every "one-off" jersey, every combo that minimizes or eliminates school colours in favour of black or various shades of grey, it's all Oregon's fault. They opened the floodgates and now we have....well, this...

BU4B950CIAAxuMN.png

This is the result of the madness Oregon and Nike unleashed upon the world. WE WARNED YOU ALL! we.....we...warned...you all.....*sobbing*

Ok yes Oregon did unleash the madness of the one off set on us, but at least Oregon has kept some form of their brand on their helmet. VTech is just running around looking at something, saying "looks good for a helmet."

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a lot, Oregon. This is all your fault.

Indeed. Oregon started this mess. Every stupid alternate helmet, every "one-off" jersey, every combo that minimizes or eliminates school colours in favour of black or various shades of grey, it's all Oregon's fault. They opened the floodgates and now we have....well, this...

BU4B950CIAAxuMN.png

This is the result of the madness Oregon and Nike unleashed upon the world. WE WARNED YOU ALL! we.....we...warned...you all.....*sobbing*

does this mean Clemson is gonna have a Howard's Rock Helmet? Or Bama having a elephant skin brain bucket?

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Ok yes Oregon did unleash the madness of the one off set on us, but at least Oregon has kept some form of their brand on their helmet. VTech is just running around looking at something, saying "looks good for a helmet."

Um, that last sentence pretty much describes Oregon, seeing as though they don't even have their logo on the side of their helmet anymore. Oregon just plain doesn't have a brand. It's just randomness designed to stand out in a crowd. That's not good branding.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It looked like LSU put that new tiger head on their helmet, in place of the old traditional one. I could be wrong though.

Doesn't look like it.hi-res-152590922_crop_650x440.jpg?137950
That's an old picture 1 Lsu isn't wearing their new cut in the picture. 2 that auburn player is wearing gloves from 2 years ago.

That SEC patch isn't 2 years old, is it?
It must be. That pic is at Auburn and that's Eric Reid (plays for the 49ers now) trying to make the tackle.

And it's definitely the same helmet decal for LSU that they've worn for years. The LSU Sports Twitter account only noted that the new logo will be used for basketball.

gYH2mW9.png

Um, that last sentence pretty much describes Oregon, seeing as though they don't even have their logo on the side of their helmet anymore. Oregon just plain doesn't have a brand. It's just randomness designed to stand out in a crowd. That's not good branding.

At least the logo is on the helmet somewhere.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Can't wait until the last game of the season, when VT re-uses the Hokie Stone helmet, but sticks camo-print turkey tracks over them.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yes, Oregon's proven to be more reserved then most of their imitators, but the fact remains that they started the current trend that produced that VT helmet. You can't put the genie back in the bottle, and Orgeon's the one who rubbed the lamp in the first place. As Phil Knight looked on from the shadows, cackling like a madman.

are we really going to start the "oregon doesn't have a Brand" vs "not having one look IS Oregon's brand" thing again?

I just pointed out where an out of control trend (or series of trends, to be more accurate) started. Saying "Oregon started the crazy uniform trend(s) in NCAA football" is like saying "the sky is blue."

This is Oregon's best look ever:

B8hj7Mj.png

Perfection.

Yup.

120901.fbc_.asu_2114.jpg

I remember watching this game last year and i was in awe. Everything about that uniform is perfect. The unique shades of green and yellow which the the little bit of black just complemented perfectly. The iridescent wings. I really hope they wear this combo again this year. This should be the combo they wear in their bowl game.

By far my favorite Oregon combo and probably my favorite football uniform of all time.

This page of the thread doesn't contain any Hokie Stone Helmet bashing yet.

Just....no. I think I'm gonna go find those MTSU upper-chest-patched jerseys I ranted about a few days ago and cuddle them, maybe have a good cry.

I said a few pages back that I didn't think I could take much more...and then THAT happened. Let's just take away all aesthetics at all. Since some people don't know how to use their crayons without eating them, wearing them, or melting them down to be reformed with glitter and holograms...now NONE OF US get to color.

I hope all of these #swag kids are happy. YOLO is right...You Only Live Once, and that life ruined college football. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find a yard to make you get off of. I've got a few decades yet until AARP discounts kick in.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

The VT helmet just stops at the middle and continues with different stones. It's like if you cut a PB&J in half and on the other side, you put half a hoagie.

(I'm horrible with comparisons :P)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived