GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona State new helmet

20130928_ajw_ak4_405.0_standard_352.0.jp

29901534001_2703342499001_928darby.jpg?p

That looks positively idiotic.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

02-hyde-cr.jpg

I keep trying to figure out why this helmet looks so stupid to me, and I think I've finally made the connection.

Dark-Helmet.jpeg

They've taken something (in this case, the classic OSU helmet stripe) and made it ridiculously large, just because they can. Mel Brooks knew that was an easy route for a quick laugh. Hopefully tOSU will figure that out.

Arizona State new helmet

Does anyone know what all the patches are for on the Sun Devils Jersey?

1216750.jpg

Former ASU/NFL player and father of Danny White, "Whizzer" White passed away in August, hence the memorial patch.

The Scholar-Baller patch is awarded to athletes with a 3.0 or higher and has been around since 2001.

...And yes, last night's helmets are terrible. I hated them when they first popped up during the summer...I'm anxious to see everyones reactions when the unis are unveiled.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Arizona State new helmet

1216750.jpg

Former ASU/NFL player and father of Danny White, "Whizzer" White passed away in August, hence the memorial patch.

The Scholar-Baller patch is awarded to athletes with a 3.0 or higher and has been around since 2001.

...And yes, last night's helmets are terrible. I hated them when they first popped up during the summer...I'm anxious to see everyones reactions when the unis are unveiled.

Because a 3.0 GPA is good. You'd have to be pretty dumb to get a 3.0.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I actually like the whole giant stripes/number thing Ohio State has going on there and wouldn't mind that as the full-time uniform with a complete stripe on the pants. Or at least the giant numbers, I liked that when it was Ohio State's thing before.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Arizona State new helmet

1216750.jpg

N/M. I had Byron "Whizzer" White confused with Wilford "Whizzer" White. Wilford went to ASU and is Danny's dad. Byron went to CU and served on the US Supreme Court.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Arizona State new helmet

1216750.jpg

Um. Are you still in middle school?

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Arizona State new helmet

1216750.jpg

Um. Are you still in middle school?

Yeah, without getting into a pissing match about who got what where and when, a 3.0 is pretty decent, especially for a student-athlete who has a full schedule and practices. Ugly patch though...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

BVWcmYdCIAAOjre.jpg

Socks and undershirt

Are you sure it's an undershirt? doesnt look like on of the tight fitting undershirts we see more often then not.

ya looks thicker, like a sock material even though i know it's not, maybe some type of arm sleeve?
The ASU equipment manager tweeted it's an arm sleeve.

Why can't FSU wear their garnet or white pants. I'm tired of this game looking like a scrimmage every year.

Because you don't fix what isn't broken.

They look better with the white pants to match the white jerseys though

And I've always preferred the garnet pants on the road.

I like the idea of FSU sticking to a single concept at home, but mixing it up on the road. Especially at BC...

One of the uniform trends I can not stand is the oversized logo on one side and numbers on the other. If you're going to do the oversized logo, do it on both sides! It looks like garbage with it on one side

I wholeheartedly agree (and I love gigantic logos, incidentally)

Why wear the helmet with the green jersey and pants? There isn't anything that ties the helmet with the rest of the uniform. These helmets will only look good when they go all black.

Because looking tacky is Oregon's schtick.

Then everyone would have complained that the complete monochrome looked bad.

BVWcmYdCIAAOjre.jpg

Socks and undershirt

Are you sure it's an undershirt? doesnt look like on of the tight fitting undershirts we see more often then not.

ya looks thicker, like a sock material even though i know it's not, maybe some type of arm sleeve?
The ASU equipment manager tweeted it's an arm sleeve.

Yup, and the interesting thing is it isn't made by Nike. Well, it sure doesn't look like any arm sleeve Nike has ever made. Got to think if Nike did it, it would look more like their bball sleeves.

Archived