College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I actually like that ASU helmet. They could have done better, but they could have done worse.

I actually like them quite a bit. I know I"m not supposed to like them, but for some reason I'm drawn in.

The rest of the uniform leaves much to be desired and all the patches are a hot mess. But If they wore that helmet with a super clean maroon or black-out set?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'd suggest burning the guy who designed those Arizona State helmets at a stake, but that is too good a fate for them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Someone asked what the Maryland airbrushed look would lead to. I realize this was likely conceived before the Maryland look was unveiled, but here it is.

I just saw on the news here that they're all different. Can't imagine how many hours go into a job like that. Also, there were three pitchforks on the ones I just saw -- one on each side toward the back, and one in the middle on the back. Overkill much?

Someone asked what the Maryland airbrushed look would lead to. I realize this was likely conceived before the Maryland look was unveiled, but here it is.

I just saw on the news here that they're all different. Can't imagine how many hours go into a job like that. Also, there were three pitchforks on the ones I just saw -- one on each side toward the back, and one in the middle on the back. Overkill much?

Remember everyone they have the money to do this but cry poor when it comes to giving the players a cut.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Obligatory MTSU uniform recap post.

A rare road trip for the Royal Blue pants on Friday night in Provo.

Raiders went Silver/White/Blue.

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/70283

I may actually prefer the Silver/White/White, but this was pretty traditional.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

That is the winner for worst helmet of the year by a mile. I'll take whatever Virginia Tech is wearing and Miami's ...thing over that every day of the week and twice on Sunday. First helmet that I don't even get what they were trying for.

Arizona State new helmet

20130928_ajw_ak4_405.0_standard_352.0.jp

29901534001_2703342499001_928darby.jpg?p

Does anyone know what all the patches are for on the Sun Devils Jersey?

1216750.jpg

Former ASU/NFL player and father of Danny White, "Whizzer" White passed away in August, hence the memorial patch.

The Scholar-Baller patch is awarded to athletes with a 3.0 or higher and has been around since 2001.

...And yes, last night's helmets are terrible. I hated them when they first popped up during the summer...I'm anxious to see everyones reactions when the unis are unveiled.

Because a 3.0 GPA is good. You'd have to be pretty dumb to get a 3.0.

Um. Are you still in middle school?

Yeah, without getting into a pissing match about who got what where and when, a 3.0 is pretty decent, especially for a student-athlete who has a full schedule and practices. Ugly patch though...

No, I'm actually in high school.

And LEWJ, I'd hate to have a 3.0 I've got a 3.5, and know I can do better.

Having actually gone through college with a 3.4 myself, you once again have no idea what you're talking about. 3.0 is no slouch. Kindly shut up. Again.
Ya 3.0 isnt necessarily impressive but it also isnt easy to get, and while being a student athlete, and also depends on the school, i know that some schools are harder than others, mine the professors always say to not be disappointed with a B or C because they would be higher grades at other schools, just a different standard. And high school is nothing like college, and high school gpa's dont mean anything when it comes to how well you will do in college

Arizona State new helmet

Does anyone know what all the patches are for on the Sun Devils Jersey?

Former ASU/NFL player and father of Danny White, "Whizzer" White passed away in August, hence the memorial patch.

The Scholar-Baller patch is awarded to athletes with a 3.0 or higher and has been around since 2001.

...And yes, last night's helmets are terrible. I hated them when they first popped up during the summer...I'm anxious to see everyones reactions when the unis are unveiled.

Because a 3.0 GPA is good. You'd have to be pretty dumb to get a 3.0.

Um. Are you still in middle school?

Yeah, without getting into a pissing match about who got what where and when, a 3.0 is pretty decent, especially for a student-athlete who has a full schedule and practices. Ugly patch though...

Having actually gone through college with a 3.4 myself, you once again have no idea what you're talking about. 3.0 is no slouch. Kindly shut up. Again.
Ya 3.0 isnt necessarily impressive but it also isnt easy to get, and while being a student athlete, and also depends on the school, i know that some schools are harder than others, mine the professors always say to not be disappointed with a B or C because they would be higher grades at other schools, just a different standard. And high school is nothing like college, and high school gpa's dont mean anything when it comes to how well you will do in college

Different schools have different GPA's and one of the most prestigious universities in the nation; George Washington University (my employer) uses the standard scale of 1.0 to 4.0 and the average GPA for students is 3.3 and that is not an easy accomplishment.

spacer.png

If you think getting a 3.0 in college is so easy, think again. Obviously you've never taken a real college course.

Back on topic:

Is Ohio State going to be wearing a white version of their rivalry uniform against NW this weekend? I read somewhere that they will against that team up north, but I think it would be intriguing for them to bring those out on a nationally televised night game.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

college will smack you in the face, good luck because even though you think you have it all figured out, you clearly don't. I would say a 3.5 is MUCH worse in HS than a 3.0 in college. I had a 4.5 my senior year and I graduated with honors in HS. After my freshman year in college I have a 3.1, I know I can do better but it is still a good gpa for a PAC-12 student.

P.S. No venom in my post, but college is a completely different animal.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

college will smack you in the face, good luck because even though you think you have it all figured out, you clearly don't. I would say a 3.5 is MUCH worse in HS than a 3.0 in college. I had a 4.5 my senior year and I graduated with honors in HS. After my freshman year in college I have a 3.1, I know I can do better but it is still a good gpa for a PAC-12 student.

I learned this the hard way. I took high school freshman algebra in my first year of Jr High (7th grade) received all A's in my subjects and did the same thing the next year (8th grade) while taking HS Sophomore geometry. The next year I entered Post Secondary, and in my first semester, I had a B, two Cs, and a D (shouldve been at least a C, and I didn't like his grading methods. I'll just leave it as that) in the Fall '12 semester. In the Spring (' 13), I rebounded with an A, two B's, and a C. I've been doing even better this semester, currently with two A's and two B's (one border lines a C). It's mainly due to my Journals in my 'B, Borderline C' class that I've got what I have now.

So just because you may be flying high doesn't mean you won't run into a tree.

As a side note, Griffinmarlins, you don't really seem like a high school kid. I thought you were in your late 20's, in all honesty

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I totally agree, I was a near straight A student in High School then I ended up being academically dismissed from my first university. In most cases you're out of mommy and daddy's house no longer being coddled, you're in the real world living on your own, working and taking courses with professors who don't give two craps about what you do. The real world is cruel and I'm not going to be the last person to tell you that.

On topic, the ASU helmet is interesting but I think it could have be executed MUCH better.

Archived