College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thought or two...I am watching the Northwestern/Wisconsin game and I have to say Northwestern's uniforms are one of my favorite modern uniforms (minus the font which I'm not crazy about). I love the stripes in the middle of the jersey. I also like the red Wisconsin helmet. It does differentiate them from Nebraska and it doesn't kill their traditional look at all.

I don't know why, but I really like South Alabama's new uniforms.

13413516-standard.jpg

They remind me of the Arizona Wildcats

They're Russell's Arizona. But they do look pretty nice, at least for Russell.

Do you not see the Nike Swoosh on the left side of the chest?

spacer.png

I don't know why, but I really like South Alabama's new uniforms.

13413516-standard.jpg

They remind me of the Arizona Wildcats

They're Russell's Arizona. But they do look pretty nice, at least for Russell.

Do you not see the Nike Swoosh on the left side of the chest?

Crap. You're right. My bad. I swear they used to wear Russell, though. My bad, I guess my eyes are going now.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Northwestern's purple/white/black away uniform

This set is really good. Northwestern has always looked good in purple/white/black though.

That's tan right?

Air Force's unis were gray, not tan. Night lighting makes it look tan.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Washington's purple decals do not match the jersey purple. Only blemish on a good uniform today against the Ducks Gradient Wings.

Perhaps try were trying to emphasize the purple, so they made it lighter(??). It definitely is annoying that the shade of purple on the helmet doesn't match anything else in the uniform.

Northwestern's purple/white/black away uniform

This set is really good. Northwestern has always looked good in purple/white/black though.

That's tan right?

Air Force's unis were gray, not tan. Night lighting makes it look tan.

I was recalling the one guy from a couple years back that went on a tirade and was banned after people told him it was gray.

Washington's purple decals do not match the jersey purple. Only blemish on a good uniform today against the Ducks Gradient Wings.

The awkward piping on the jerseys is another huge blemish.

I believe the decals and the stripes have a super gloss effect to them. Which is why in the picture earlier in the thread they looked almost pink.

jNTsTyQ.png

Northwestern does look really nice with that combo on the road.

Another thought or two...I am watching the Northwestern/Wisconsin game and I have to say Northwestern's uniforms are one of my favorite modern uniforms (minus the font which I'm not crazy about). I love the stripes in the middle of the jersey. I also like the red Wisconsin helmet. It does differentiate them from Nebraska and it doesn't kill their traditional look at all.

True, but they just look like Indiana does/did before they decided to wear different jerseys for just about every game this year. I think the biggest issue I have with the Wisconsin/Nebraska identities, is that Wisconsin has striping consistency and Nebraska does not. By the laws of the CCSLC, I think that makes Wisconsin have the superior set :rolleyes:

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

UVA_zpsca455aae.jpg

Virginia is wearing their orange helmets today. Personally, I find their logo to be less visible on these lids when compared to their normal navy helmets.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

UVA_zpsca455aae.jpg

Virginia is wearing their orange helmets today. Personally, I find their logo to be less visible on these lids when compared to their normal navy helmets.

Agreed. It's kind of like the Denver Broncos - the Broncos logo looks great on a navy helmet, but it'd look terrible on a orange helmet. Orange highlights just pop on a navy helmet. It's a shame that UVA wears the orange helmet so often.

Purple/gold is a great color combo for an all-black set. Of course, I'd much rather they were only wearing purple and gold, but if you're gonna go BFBS they make it look good.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived