College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

please tell me these aren't real

ncf_e_ouuni1_300x300.jpg

Seems legit. Here's the website for it http://www.kayyow.com/ducks/

It was tweeted out by Craig Pintens as well, so that adds to the authenticity.

I did play by play for a high school game in TN, and the home team did almost the exact same thing. Since I know some people will say the detail belongs in the HS thread and not the College thread, I'll say this--plain pink socks, pink gear...monochrome royal blue team. Looked TERRIBLE--and then I see Oregon wearing similar plain pink socks and gear. If you're Oregon, you've got to do something more intricate if you're gonna do this at all, right? (I for one love the white helmet/pink O-logo mockup that was posted, perhaps with a pale pink jersey and pink or green or white pants?)

And for those who want to hear about just how bad the high school game that reminded me of Oregon looked....details below the cut.

They wore plain blue UA jersey tops with white numbers (black outlines I think), most of these tops over pink UA undershirts making the jerseys look like a faded blue from a distance, with plain blue pants and plain hot pink socks. Most of the players had pink gloves, sweatbands, towels, etc., and in lieu of new shoes for a school with less than 575 enrolled, they wrapped some or all of their cleats in hot pink tape. Also, the 50, the mid-field E logo, and either the 20s or the 25s were trimmed in pale pink.

It was a Pink Out, but this was also the coldest game of the season, and very few people had pink coats and hoodies, nor were they brave enough to not layer. Also, there was a State Farm promotion handing out RED shirts (at a blue team's home game against the RED Hawks) until they ran out and gave out white shirts (road team in monochrome white). So what I'm saying was....aesthetic disaster. FWIW, the pink-clad home team committed five turnovers and still won, scoring 21 unanswered. Oy vey.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Toledo will be wearing the normal solid navy, contrary to the rumors I heard about pink.

They are an option for future games though, and I'm hearing they're going to wear them for the NIU Wednesday night primetime game.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Toledo will be wearing the normal solid navy, contrary to the rumors I heard about pink.

They are an option for future games though, and I'm hearing they're going to wear them for the NIU Wednesday night primetime game.

Toledo looks good in the UT helmets. Better than the rocket ship/number.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's weird watching SMU and Memphis and seeing both teams with the exact same stylized number font - I think they are the only schools in FBS with this font. Memphis' chrome helmets aren't half bad, as they're a quasi-homage to the school's history of silver helmets.

Kansas looks terrible in blue-gray-blue.

My biggest issue with the Jayhawks' uniforms is that everything looks thrown together. There are individual elements of the uniforms that are ok, but there is a lack tasteful cohesiveness.

Kansas looks terrible in blue-gray-blue.

I like that shade of gray (darker, like Oklahoma State), but you're half-right. Gray is not Kansas' thing; they look more like a red-wearing Boise State more than anything.

The wide red stripe on the pants looks horrible. I would narrow the stripe to about an inch and put a matching stripe on the helmets.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Badgers wearing red helmets but now with black face masks and black/white/black stripe. Red pants too. Not bad look, don't get black though, also paired with Illinois all orange badgers picked a bad week to wear a lot of red

I can't believe the B1G is allowing Wisconsin to wear red helmets and pants for Illinois's Orange Out, especially since the B1G banned orange and red teams from going color vs. color after an Illinois and Wisconsin basketball game.

Badgers wearing red helmets but now with black face masks and black/white/black stripe. Red pants too. Not bad look, don't get black though, also paired with Illinois all orange badgers picked a bad week to wear a lot of red

I can't believe the B1G is allowing Wisconsin to wear red helmets and pants for Illinois's Orange Out, especially since the B1G banned orange and red teams from going color vs. color after an Illinois and Wisconsin basketball game.

as long as one wears a white jersey it doesn't matter

Wow, I hate the black on the helmets. Looks so odd. I don't really get why they're wearing all these different combos this year. Wisconsin has a great look already, why mess with it?

Red helmets? Fine. Red pants? Whatever. Black stripe and facemask? NO!

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Yeah what an outrage. Nevermind Wisconsin's wearing white jerseys...no big deal.

Archived