College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Those Fresno jerseys are actually navy

Yeah I think you're right.

Idk how Nike and the respective schools are cool with other schools using the fonts that were created for the schools. It's awesome for Miami. Its a great font, but it's so much better when it's unique.

I don't mind it for high schools though and I guess it's just other colleges ordering from the catalog.

Speaking of Miami, I think they're due for a new look soon. This ones grown stale. I'd like something modern but classic. Similar to ok state.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BXHxMUlCYAAnXCH.jpg

OHIOBobcatsFBEQ OHIO Bobcats EQ 4m

A white out in Peden for the Battle of the Bricks vs Miami this Saturday! #ohiou pic.twitter.com/whHaMYXAJ3

If that black jersey didn't have anything extra on the sleeves, that could actually be a very good looking set. Just seeing that jersey without the shoulder patterns makes it one actually ok Russell jersey.

Those Fresno jerseys are actually navy

Yeah I think you're right.

Idk how Nike and the respective schools are cool with other schools using the fonts that were created for the schools. It's awesome for Miami. Its a great font, but it's so much better when it's unique.

I don't mind it for high schools though and I guess it's just other colleges ordering from the catalog.

Speaking of Miami, I think they're due for a new look soon. This ones grown stale. I'd like something modern but classic. Similar to ok state.

As much as i wish you were right about the jerseys being navy...

"Fresno State will don all-black uniforms during the coming football season, marking the first time in the school’s history they’ll go full blackout."

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Just for reference:

Wisconsin+Red-black+helmet.PNGWisconsin+-+Red+White+Red.PNG

Illinois+All-Orange.PNG

is the QB not wearing a tecfit jersey, it looks like the old style mesh?

They had the helmet right the first time. I liked the original red look. Why add the black?

20131019_jla_br2_697.0_standard_709.0.jp

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Just for reference:

Illinois+All-Orange.PNG

They had the helmet right the first time. I liked the original red look. Why add the black?

Brown vs. The Board of Education of Topeka, KS.

A white out in Peden for the Battle of the Bricks vs Miami this Saturday! #ohiou pic.twitter.com/whHaMYXAJ3

Those numbers look like a slice from a layer cake

Ohio had (has?) one of the greatest "basic" uniforms around...

...This is one of the first schools I'd pick to just go with two uniforms and one helmet if I was able to do so.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

BXHxMUlCYAAnXCH.jpg

If they kept the same stripes (green) as their green jersey and added green stripes to the pants it would look 100x better. I hate that piping!

The piping appears to be the same as Southern Miss. It just isn't filled in. We're lucky the back of the pants aren't green.

BXHxMUlCYAAnXCH.jpg

Those numbers look like a slice from a layer cake

Onwis97, they still have those uniforms, but they wear them more and more infrequently in favor of the stupid black jerseys (not one of our colors, OU!) and silly oneoffs like this, although I think this looks good. It's a shame, really.

and the numbers are supposed to look like these bricks that are all over our campus

5581539331_2273bd41c3_z.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just for reference:

Illinois+All-Orange.PNG

To match the black undershirts, shoes and socks adidas wants promoted. C'mon. Of course this has nothing to do with the school.

Onwis97, they still have those uniforms, but they wear them more and more infrequently in favor of the stupid black jerseys (not one of our colors, OU!) and silly oneoffs like this, although I think this looks good. It's a shame, really.

and the numbers are supposed to look like these bricks that are all over our campus

I am glad they still exist. But for some reason nobody thinks that just "white and (insert color; green here)" works. And it does (Maple Leafs, Red Wings), particularly in college when it's, you know, the school colors. I can deal with them going for the brick pattern for a bowl game or maybe a one-off, but their basics are almost* perfect.

*The pants need double stripes to match the helmet and shoulders.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree there. I've thought that ever since they unveiled them my sophomore or junior year.

The weird thing is the uniforms before these didn't have the double stripes on the jerseys, but did have them on the pants.

79857192-kalvin-mcrae-from-ohio-universi

PvO6ZWJ.png

"I don't :censored: in' know, either!"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Pretty sure this is new. Looks awesome!

1385453_579469178768597_50902770_n.jpg

Yeah it is and it's pretty much perfect. Fixed all the issues I had with the black helmet they debuted earlier this season.

Am I missing something? This looks like the exact helmet they wore against Cal.

You know I coulda sworn there was a gradient on it, but I may ave very well been mistaken.

Pretty sure this is new. Looks awesome!

1385453_579469178768597_50902770_n.jpg

Yeah it is and it's pretty much perfect. Fixed all the issues I had with the black helmet they debuted earlier this season.

Am I missing something? This looks like the exact helmet they wore against Cal.

You know I coulda sworn there was a gradient on it, but I may ave very well been mistaken.

You're right it isn't new they wore it against Cal, at least according to the ever almighty Duck Tracker (cue Tim E. O'Brian any second). My mistake good call. Saw HGI post it and my panties got all wet thinking it was a new helmet thinking why would they post an old one.

Archived