College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

I believe Alex Smith and their punter are the only two people that have ever had all 3 stripes and that was only after Nike started making the jerseys. I'm guessing fixing the stripes would be considered a uniform change, so if they wanted to fix them they would have to wait until the 5 year period is over. They may have been given permission by the NFL to let a couple players wear jerseys with all 3 uniforms as some sort of test or experiment.

Given that a bunch of teams changed collar colors this year after 1 year into the nike template, I think modifying the sleeve stripes would be allowed as a small modification and not be subject to any 5 year rule that total redesigns require.

I would thought about that too, but if that was the case why didn't the 49ers fix the cut off sleeve stripes and why are the Bills sleeve stripes still angled upwards? The only thing I can think of is that the collars weren't subject to the 5 year rule because they were changed last year for of Nike's jersey template. The teams didn't request the change and it may have even been league mandated. The NFL may have let teams go back to their original jersey design because teams weren't happy with the changes. It's not like all the teams requested to change their collars last year and then requested to change them back this year.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Alex Smith and their punter are the only two people that have ever had all 3 stripes and that was only after Nike started making the jerseys. I'm guessing fixing the stripes would be considered a uniform change, so if they wanted to fix them they would have to wait until the 5 year period is over. They may have been given permission by the NFL to let a couple players wear jerseys with all 3 uniforms as some sort of test or experiment.

Given that a bunch of teams changed collar colors this year after 1 year into the nike template, I think modifying the sleeve stripes would be allowed as a small modification and not be subject to any 5 year rule that total redesigns require.

I would thought about that too, but if that was the case why didn't the 49ers fix the cut off sleeve stripes and why are the Bills sleeve stripes still angled upwards? The only thing I can think of is that the collars weren't subject to the 5 year rule because they were changed last year for of Nike's jersey template. The teams didn't request the change and it may have even been league mandated. The NFL may have let teams go back to their original jersey design because teams weren't happy with the changes. It's not like all the teams requested to change their collars last year and then requested to change them back this year.

I absolutely know the answer to this question. Because neither of those teams consider these design elements to be a problem. They haven't changed because that's the way they want to look. It's the same reason the Colts and Jets haven't jumped on Nike's new LSU stripe template. We might see these as big issues, but, obviously, the teams do not.

i guess the jets want to have 5 different shades of green in their uniforms too then if thats the case. the reason that the teams didn't change is because nike didn't want to, they wanted to leave the stripes cut off on the niners, and only changed them for alex smith because he asked them to, they aren't going to fix them for the whole team though, unless they change up the stripe somehow.

i guess the jets want to have 5 different shades of green in their uniforms too then if thats the case. the reason that the teams didn't change is because nike didn't want to, they wanted to leave the stripes cut off on the niners, and only changed them for alex smith because he asked them to, they aren't going to fix them for the whole team though, unless they change up the stripe somehow.

Look, I'm well know on this site as no Nike apologist by any means, but that's horsebleep. If the Niners told Nike they didn't want their stripes to look like that anymore, Nike would have to change them. Period.

Look, I'm well know on this site as no Nike apologist by any means, but that's horsebleep. If the Niners told Nike they didn't want their stripes to look like that anymore, Nike would have to change them. Period.

Yeah I mean there's a reason the bears and brown don't have their 3 stripe patterns altered of cutoff. The bears actually improved their stripes and made them more prominent with the switch.

Not uniform news, but loving this football specific mannequin (which the tweet hinted may have been made by Nike): BX2eh_VCIAAaRx_.jpg

Man, I really love those, especially the numbers. Now that's a uniform.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Speaking of Army, they'll be bringing out the full camo unis against Air Force.

BX2avT5IIAAnJD4.jpg

It seems like Army is consistently pulling one great look after another. I usually don't like uniforms with camo but these blow the others out of the ballpark.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

BXsL0j8IgAAjTsM.jpg

BXsL0j8IgAAjTsM.jpg

68018d1383010993-uniform-updates-6-0-bla

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the way the stripes are on the jersey could work for Indiana?
I could see that. Definitely could work.

BXsL0j8IgAAjTsM.jpg

BXsL0j8IgAAjTsM.jpg

68018d1383010993-uniform-updates-6-0-bla

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the way the stripes are on the jersey could work for Indiana?
I could see that. Definitely could work.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived