College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Not only did Michigan's basketball jerseys have problems with tearing all season long, but after their game against Minnesota on January 17 (in which five different jerseys ripped), Adidas was unable to supply them with new blue road uniforms to replace the torn ones, so they had to use the previous season's blue uniforms for the rest of the season (including now, 2 1/2 months later). And this is on top of their road football jerseys having such severe quality control issues that Michigan voluntarily switched back to wearing a previous season's road jerseys.

Adidas quality control is nonexistent and their products are atrocious. As a Michigan fan, I can't wait until we switch away from Adidas. Say what you want about Nike and Under Armour's design ideas; at least they produce sports jerseys that actually function as sports jerseys.

They didn't have problems with their football jerseys adidas said they have to wear their techfit jerseys for the first few games then the players could decide on what they wanted to wear the techfit jerseys or their regular ones.

http://btn.com/2012/10/06/clothes-call-piping-or-no-piping-michigan/

Regardless of them trying to get the fits right, it still boggles my mind that they decided to have non-uniform piping. Maybe it's just me, but if you can't get a uniform to look... well, uniform, then you shouldn't have "features" like neck piping or tusk striping at all.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only did Michigan's basketball jerseys have problems with tearing all season long, but after their game against Minnesota on January 17 (in which five different jerseys ripped), Adidas was unable to supply them with new blue road uniforms to replace the torn ones, so they had to use the previous season's blue uniforms for the rest of the season (including now, 2 1/2 months later). And this is on top of their road football jerseys having such severe quality control issues that Michigan voluntarily switched back to wearing a previous season's road jerseys.

Adidas quality control is nonexistent and their products are atrocious. As a Michigan fan, I can't wait until we switch away from Adidas. Say what you want about Nike and Under Armour's design ideas; at least they produce sports jerseys that actually function as sports jerseys.

They didn't have problems with their football jerseys adidas said they have to wear their techfit jerseys for the first few games then the players could decide on what they wanted to wear the techfit jerseys or their regular ones.

http://btn.com/2012/10/06/clothes-call-piping-or-no-piping-michigan/

Regardless of them trying to get the fits right, it still boggles my mind that they decided to have non-uniform piping. Maybe it's just me, but if you can't get a uniform to look... well, uniform, then you shouldn't have "features" like neck piping or tusk striping at all.

Oh I know Michigans away uniforms are a mess with players wearing piping with players not wearing piping I wish they would just stay with the sugar bowl jerseys or make an attempt to recreate the brady era ones.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

http://btn.com/2012/...iping-michigan/

Oh I know Michigans away uniforms are a mess with players wearing piping with players not wearing piping I wish they would just stay with the sugar bowl jerseys or make an attempt to recreate the brady era ones.

Michigan most certainly is a mess.

They have some players with straight piping and others with arched piping. This same image shows that some players have an "M" at the neckline, while others don't.

8015478800_18ba3c7d75_c.jpg

They have some players with different style numerals.

Michigan5.jpg

Some players mixing and matching styles in game (#50 doesn't have the "tusk" style piping).

IOWA-MICHIGAN-thumb-590x392-93512.jpg

And like someone else already mentioned, they have some players completely piping free (different from #50 without the tusks, he still has upper shoulder piping). I know this was posted via link, but I want to put this here so there is a cumulative list.

michjer.jpeg?w=512&h=355

To cap off the football program, they're now borrowing old Oregon State uniforms for practice. Who knows what the problems are for basketball (I don't follow basketball too closely), though I do know I've heard about them ripping or something of the sort and then reverting to old sets. Seriously, come on Adidas.

The home Jerseys may be piping free, but there was still the issue of some players having different style numbers & some having the M on the back collar as some didn't. I was happy with adidas for a while, but I'm about sick of our uniform malfuctions. Last time I checked, uniforms are just that. UNIFORM!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I did not realize all that about Michigan. That's pretty surprising considering how prestigious and what not their program is.

When is the deal with Adidas up? Hopefully Nike can swoop in and save em.

Either 2016 or 17 not sure it better hurry. Although I don't think adidas has done a bad job on specialty uniforms for Michigan, I also think there apparel isn't all that bad I would much perfer nike though.

Letsgoblue.png

I did not realize all that about Michigan. That's pretty surprising considering how prestigious and what not their program is.

When is the deal with Adidas up? Hopefully Nike can swoop in and save em.

Adidas has the right to match an offer made to any of its schools. Their deal with Michigan is worth about 75% more than the richest Nike deal. Zero chance they make a change.

Besides Illinois, does Michigan play another orange shirt team? It still doesn't make sense but it would explain why they have it. Most teams will simply wear a plain color shirt with numbers of teh key players for the scout team to replicate, if they even do that.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Per a friend at adidas, they obtained some of these jerseys for UM to try in practice as they work to give them a jersey cut everyone is satisfied with since Michigan players have continually had issues with the TechFit jersey.

It should be noted that Michigan is the only Adidas school that has had these repeated problems with football and basketball uniforms. That strikes me as a bit odd. I know first-hand that Tennessee hasn't had these issues in either sport. Players loved the Techfit, with rare exceptions.

Besides Illinois, does Michigan play another orange shirt team? It still doesn't make sense but it would explain why they have it. Most teams will simply wear a plain color shirt with numbers of teh key players for the scout team to replicate, if they even do that.

That doesn't explain anything. Even if Michigan was using uniforms to replicate opponents, they could have easily ordered those from adidas.

Per a friend at adidas, they obtained some of these jerseys for UM to try in practice as they work to give them a jersey cut everyone is satisfied with

....."So in the meantime use a jersey cut from our main competitor since you seem to be alright with those"

Adidas is horrible.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Much of the team switched back to the pre-Techfit jerseys at halftime of their 2011 game at Northwestern because the Techfit jerseys had gotten so stretched and/or ripped in the first half that they were unwearable. Denard Robinson didn't switch at halftime, but he was forced to switch at some point during the second half of that game. That seems like an awfully strange time to "decide on what they wanted to wear."

Sources:

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/defensive-line-jersey-switch-halftime

http://umgoblue.com/talk/Michigan-switched-jersey39s-at-halftime-against-NW-m183663.aspx

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Much of the team switched back to the pre-Techfit jerseys at halftime of their 2011 game at Northwestern because the Techfit jerseys had gotten so stretched and/or ripped in the first half that they were unwearable. Denard Robinson didn't switch at halftime, but he was forced to switch at some point during the second half of that game. That seems like an awfully strange time to "decide on what they wanted to wear."

Sources:

http://mgoblog.com/m...switch-halftime

http://umgoblue.com/...NW-m183663.aspx

gotcha I was talking about how after the non conference games Michigan players would switch if they chose to use the old jerseys.

Letsgoblue.png

Sources:

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/defensive-line-jersey-switch-halftime

http://umgoblue.com/talk/Michigan-switched-jersey39s-at-halftime-against-NW-m183663.aspx

Shoelace threw a long bomb down the field in the 4th quarter against Northwestern, and when he did a DL ripped his Jersey completely off his shoulder pads. He even had to take a play off to switch jerseys to the tusk version

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Per a friend at adidas, they obtained some of these jerseys for UM to try in practice as they work to give them a jersey cut everyone is satisfied with since Michigan players have continually had issues with the TechFit jersey.

It should be noted that Michigan is the only Adidas school that has had these repeated problems with football and basketball uniforms. That strikes me as a bit odd. I know first-hand that Tennessee hasn't had these issues in either sport. Players loved the Techfit, with rare exceptions.

I don't really understand this. Is Michigan being forced to wear techfits? Wisconsin has never worn techfits, aside from the Nebraska game last year, and even then only some of the players wore techfits.

Along this topic, not only do the techfits look ugly IMO, but I'd go as far as to say that they put you at a competitive disadvantage. The way those armholes are cut makes it very easy for offensive linemen to latch on and hold defenders and the stretch makes it very hard for the defender to break loose.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Nebraska was one of the first schools to get TechFits (we've been adidas for years) and have never seemed to have a problem. We've worn them for 3 or 4 years now and the players love them.

Ironically, our uniform is about as complex as Michigan (read: not very) so it's a bit hilarious that they are having such difficulty with the Wolverines.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Nebraska was one of the first schools to get TechFits (we've been adidas for years) and have never seemed to have a problem. We've worn them for 3 or 4 years now and the players love them.

Ironically, our uniform is about as complex as Michigan (read: not very) so it's a bit hilarious that they are having such difficulty with the Wolverines.

Maybe those sharp claws on those wolvirines tear Em up fast (: Texas A&M has also had them for awile

Letsgoblue.png

Slow day, so i'm glad to bring in a new image for Georgia State's new helmets for next year; GFGS at it's finest, and i fear that they will be implementing some form of gray...no history in our athletics program of grey either..BEAUTIFUL shell, but the color and script seem out of place...

newhelmet2.jpg

helmet4.jpg

{edit including the old helmet just to show you how much of a 180 this is}

ga_st_helmet_main.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived