College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since nobody's mentioned it yet. But FSU is in gold-garnet-gold. While the Canes are in a monochrome all white.

What template does FSU wear? Their nameplates and back numerals seem a lot 'lower' than at other schools (apologies if that doesn't make sense).

And there are a TON of Jr., II, etc. in this game. I believe there's even Jimmy 'Gaines V'.

Since nobody's mentioned it yet. But FSU is in gold-garnet-gold. While the Canes are in a monochrome all white.

What template does FSU wear? Their nameplates and back numerals seem a lot 'lower' than at other schools (apologies if that doesn't make sense).

And there are a TON of Jr., II, etc. in this game. I believe there's even Jimmy 'Gaines V'.

FSU wears the older "Destroyer" template

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

What's on the top of Iowas helmets?

S**t from Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nebraska?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

(BTW, I realize the Mean Green came from "Mean Joe" Green, but still. Even if the team name is also for a person, or something else, if a team name is a color (Cleveland BROWNS, Stanford CARDINAL, etc.) and that color becomes a primary for the team...shouldn't the only jerseys they wear be white, that color that is in the name, and perhaps an alt of another color in their scheme? (For example, if Stanford were Cardinal Red and Gold, I could see a gold alt, but not a black one.)

Am I all alone here? This is just a pet peeve.

It's the other way around. "Mean" Joe Greene got HIS nickname, because of the "Mean Green" nickname at then-NTSU.

And UNT (my alma mater FWIW) has TWO official nicknames - "Eagles" and "Mean Green".

Lurk long enough and Donovan's gonna quote you...and teach you something you didn't know. I always thought NTSU was the Eagles and "Mean Joe" was so dominant that he changed the perception of the team. Much like you can call the Broncos the "Fightin' Peytons" right now--only it stuck. I never knew HE got the nickname there. I also didn't remember you went to North Texas--when I was at Middle Tennessee (and shortly before I enrolled) we used to love to hate to face you. It never really became a rivalry, because one team would steamroll the other for multiple years...then it would reverse. Both programs went through a LOT of pain at some point in the 00's.

And I still stand by my statement from that post--if they had just put "Eagles" on the jersey instead of "Mean Green" I might not have been bothered as much. It wasn't a bad look, but don't label a black jersey as green.

FWIW, I love that train-track striping for Purdue. I'm surprised they didn't try that earlier.

Also, Middle Tennessee went White (without stars and stripes)/White/Blue, while UAB went White/Green/Green.

Pics here.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

KSU's "battlecat" helmet on the right:

BYHlrsSCEAA9jBP.jpg

Fort Riley day in Manhattan yesterday. Fort Riley (home of 1st Infantry Division) is only a few miles from the Little Apple, and K-State is really good about maintaining ties with the Army units.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Florida Atlantic replaced player last names with "FAU" for their game against Tulane after their head coach and defensive coordinator both resigned on Wednesday (each admitted illegal drug use)

9408560.jpeg

Why I am starting to hate college football...

BYKJPx2CEAAWVgy.jpg

it took me a good solid 3-4 min to figure out who this red team was... Dumb. And if I didn't know the B1G so well it probably would have taken me longer.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived