College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

BYqo7K8CEAAW1hH.jpg

Helmet fade.

What. The. Hell? How did Al Golden let this happen. He is a traditional uniform lover, and he let these awful uniforms hit the field?

I think it was a motivational static last week Miami got blown out in its biggest game of the year , so they probably brought the jerseys out to get the players hyped up so theirs not a let down.

So invite Ray Lewis to speak to the team. They should have put "once proud program" on the back.

PJU85JF.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think both West Virginia and Miami look pretty bad.

The white helmet for the Mountaineers is cool, but looks completely out of place with the rest of the uniform. There's no white anywhere else from the shoulders to the knees, and it turns out to be a mess.

Miami's uniforms are bad all around. The double-outline on the numbers looks really amateur, and the helmet just looks like it's trying too hard to be cool.

Virginia Tech's helmet looks better with the stripes, IMO.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The white helmet for the Mountaineers is cool, but looks completely out of place with the rest of the uniform. There's no white anywhere else from the shoulders to the knees, and it turns out to be a mess.

Miami's uniforms are bad all around. The double-outline on the numbers looks really amateur, and the helmet just looks like it's trying too hard to be cool.

If they wanted to wear a striped helmet they should have wore this one:

5204341587_2c23635f20_o.png

spacer.png

I like the idea of the gray jerseys for Miami, but the execution wasn't great. It fits with the Hurricane name, stormy clouds and things like that. Was it unnecessary? Totally. But I don't hate the idea. Just the execution.

Also, I agree that VT should have worn those white-striped helmets instead of the maroon ones. I'm usually not a stickler for matching striping patterns (because I don't notice the differences most of the time), but these differences are glaringly obvious.

I should say... the solid maroon helmet is definitely the best look for Tech. The stripes kinda ruin it. Only works on white helmets.

On the other hand Miami, well... I'll say what everyone else has said: Don't mind the helmet, especially the logo that's pretty sick. I personally don't like the Arkansas fade, but it's not that bad. The grey uniforms are an absolute abomination, though. BFBS > GFGS for sure.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I like the idea of the gray jerseys for Miami, but the execution wasn't great. It fits with the Hurricane name, stormy clouds and things like that. Was it unnecessary? Totally. But I don't hate the idea. Just the execution.

Agreed. First off, they picked a terrible shade of gray. Too dark and dull, they should've gone with a lighter, slate-like gray to better match the helmet fade. Also, not enough orange & green on the jerseys. That made the jerseys stand out too much, as they didn't quite match with the helmet & pants.

Had they done some things better, it could've been a really nice alternate look for Miami, but like so much else with design these days, nobody stepped in and tried to do new things the right way.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Gosh, Miami, where do we start...GFGS, helmet fade, gray mask (well it works for the uni), no helmet stripes, XL logo, little to no green, very little orange, HURRICANES nameplate, no stripes on the jersey, out of place pants. It's a shame when you have the green gear sitting in the closet collecting dust if you want an alternate or to mix/match.

KISSwall09.jpg

I should say... the solid maroon helmet is definitely the best look for Tech. The stripes kinda ruin it. Only works on white helmets.

On the other hand Miami, well... I'll say what everyone else has said: Don't mind the helmet, especially the logo that's pretty sick. I personally don't like the Arkansas fade, but it's not that bad. The grey uniforms are an absolute abomination, though. BFBS > GFGS for sure.

That's a nice opinion you have, however, I disagree.

spacer.png

That's a nice opinion you have, however, I disagree.

image.png

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The thing I hate the most about that Miami jersey.

"HUrrICanES"

If you're going to do that garbage, at least make them all uppercase letters...

Yeah, MiaMi's font is annoying like that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived