College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind them, I like them as a one game uniform. I just don't understand the whole uproar over trying new things people are too stuck in the mud, get over yourself you're not wearing it.

People are such drama queens with different uniforms it's hilarious. If it was their new home uniform? Yeah it would be awful choice hit it's a one game uniform I think we can all suffer one game if you don't like it.

People don't have a problem with teams trying things, but when these teams don't even ask themselves, "Do these actually look good", that's what people have a problem with. Those UCLA uniforms are horrible and should not have seen the light of day, let alone the field. I'll go back to the issue of branding, that is not the UCLA brand. Period. USC is cardinal and gold, you flip on the game when USC is playing and you know it's USC. Penn State, Texas, Oklahoma, and Alabama are the same. Michigan and Ohio State have tried things over the past few years, and yet when you flip on the game, you know it's them. Even Notre Dame with their Shamrock Series, you know it's Notre Dame. That's the problem with what UCLA, Virginia Tech, Kansas, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Illinois, Syracuse, etc. have fallen into. When you flip on the game, you don't know who's playing if it wasn't for the scorebug on the screen. It's immediate visual identity is what teams need, and a lot of them don't have it anymore.

I hate VT's gray pants. They might go with the helmet better, but they're more like a gray-tan-cream nasty color like the week one jerseys that should never be worn by a Virginia Tech team ever. I really hope they get their :censored: together next year when it comes to the uniforms.

How long has Temple been supplied by Under Armour?

Also, what happened to Virginia Tech? Remember when they were one of Nike's primary schools?

And UNC's set is starting to grow on me. Black really does make more sense than navy...

Finally, Rutgers may be one of my favorite modern sets, along with Maryland.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Oregon going with their spring game green combo with the sonic boom helmet.

Although unlike the Spring Game jerseys these ones have black wings instead of yellow on the jersey

BZNdzm0CEAAzQih.jpg

Don't like those at all. Never been a fan of those helmets. Just not an appealing color imo.

Is it just me or do the USC facemasks have a yellow tinge ? Always been like that ?

USC and Notre Dame have gone with that grey with gold face mask for the past two years (three ????). I know that Green Gridiron do face masks like that, whether or not USC and Notre Dame got them from GG I can't tell you.

Archived