College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Toledo-3.jpeg

Toledo2.jpeg

Toledo-1.jpeg

Sometimes I like to check in on this thread just to see how far over we're currently pushing the stupidity needle.

Pretty far.

Just when I thought they pink was over...

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So wrong for a team called the Red Raiders. Yes, I'm going to beat that dead horse.

Also has one of my pet peaves of modern jersies. The numbers are way too low. They could be/should be at least 4 inches higher after you scootch up that logo.

On NCAA 14s latest uniform pack they released a A&M uni that is grey but they call it Dark Onix and a helmet named razor wire.

A page late on this, but here's a pic from in-game

NCA14XBX_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_OJc.jpg

Looks to be this helmet that was circulating a few weeks back:

imga.jpg

My guess would be they'll bust them out for this weekend's game against LSU.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

For some reason, I find the smokey greys to fit in perfectly for Tennessee's brand even if grey is not a school color. One of the few times I can live with a complete one off like that.

it actually is a school color...

"Tennessee's orange and white colors were selected by Charles Moore, a member of the first football team in 1891."

http://www.utsports.com/fans/traditions.html

For some reason, I find the smokey greys to fit in perfectly for Tennessee's brand even if grey is not a school color. One of the few times I can live with a complete one off like that.

it actually is a school color...

It actually isn't:

UT’s distinctive orange color was inspired by a small cluster of orange and white daisies on the Hill. In 1889, UT athletics association president Charles Moore spotted the flowers and chose the school’s colors in homage. The colors soon appeared on athletic uniforms and they have since appeared on nearly every item in East Tennessee, from clothing to cars.

Smoke gray is an athletic school color like GLOBE, REGALIA, SUNSPHERE and EUREKA! are athletic school colors, in that, they're not. Their just meant to be used as accent colors on letterheads, official university marketing, etc.

Would you call IU Majestic or IU Mint a school color applicable to Indiana's sports programs? Eff no. Even IU Cream isn't used on a single IU Athletics uniform, you know why? University primary colors ≠ Athletic primary colors.

Smoke gray is an athletic school color like GLOBE, REGALIA, SUNSPHERE and EUREKA! are athletic school colors, in that, they're not. Their just meant to be used as accent colors on letterheads, official university marketing, etc.

Would you call IU Majestic or IU Mint a school color applicable to Indiana's sports programs? Eff no. Even IU Cream isn't used on a single IU Athletics uniform, you know why? University primary colors ≠ Athletic primary colors.

Smokey is listed on the same tier as Orange and White. They clearly specify that all the other colors are on a lesser tier. Which means that Orange, White and Smokey are all considered official primary school colors by the university itself.

University colors don't always equal athletic colors, but there are many instances where they do in fact coincide. And just because IU doesn't utilize all their primary colors on their sports uniforms doesn't mean another school shouldn't.

I agree that the uniform doesn't look good, and that simply orange and white look far superior to smokey gray. But for those of you crying foul on Tennessee and Adidas part for using this color, you are off base.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived